• 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
 
Vladex
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: 787 vs A350 range

Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:52 pm

AECM wrote:
Eyad89 wrote:
Vladex wrote:
According to the capetan, Air France A350-900 delivery flight with about 250 people on board burns 6.2 tonnes for one hour .
https://youtu.be/DqmViXCyVKA?t=433


And as he said, 6.2 tons is the fuel consumption of the full one hour flight, including take off, climb and cruise.
According to FR24 the recorded data from this "flight" starts at 13:31 UTC and goes until 15:00 UTC. If we account that the total fuel consumption from engine start to engine shutdow was 6,2 tons and that the engines were running for arround 1h30 the average fuel burn per hour is ~ 4,14 ton.


That would be world record and would allow it to fly more than 20 hours but he said before the takeoff that 1 hour burns 6.2 tonnes not the flight itself which is higher than reported here. However the flight was almost full of employees, no children
 
majano
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:45 am

Re: 787 vs A350 range

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:08 pm

Vladex wrote:
AECM wrote:
Eyad89 wrote:

And as he said, 6.2 tons is the fuel consumption of the full one hour flight, including take off, climb and cruise.
According to FR24 the recorded data from this "flight" starts at 13:31 UTC and goes until 15:00 UTC. If we account that the total fuel consumption from engine start to engine shutdow was 6,2 tons and that the engines were running for arround 1h30 the average fuel burn per hour is ~ 4,14 ton.


That would be world record and would allow it to fly more than 20 hours but he said before the takeoff that 1 hour burns 6.2 tonnes not the flight itself which is higher than reported here. However the flight was almost full of employees, no children

I am not sure what to make of this. Firstly you claimed that there were "about 250 persons onboard", yet the video states from 13:43 that "... every seat is filled" . The aircraft itself seats 324 passengers. Now you claim that "he said before the takeoff that 1 hour burns 6.2 tons, not the flight itself. The captain states from 7:32 of the video that"...it will take us one hour to reach Paris, with a fuel consumption of 6.2 tons of petrol, which is very low..... "

Please understand that I am not trying to defend the 4.14 calculation you are questioning. Just curious about the claims you made.
 
Vladex
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: 787 vs A350 range

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:16 am

majano wrote:
Vladex wrote:
AECM wrote:
According to FR24 the recorded data from this "flight" starts at 13:31 UTC and goes until 15:00 UTC. If we account that the total fuel consumption from engine start to engine shutdow was 6,2 tons and that the engines were running for arround 1h30 the average fuel burn per hour is ~ 4,14 ton.


That would be world record and would allow it to fly more than 20 hours but he said before the takeoff that 1 hour burns 6.2 tonnes not the flight itself which is higher than reported here. However the flight was almost full of employees, no children

I am not sure what to make of this. Firstly you claimed that there were "about 250 persons onboard", yet the video states from 13:43 that "... every seat is filled" . The aircraft itself seats 324 passengers. Now you claim that "he said before the takeoff that 1 hour burns 6.2 tons, not the flight itself. The captain states from 7:32 of the video that"...it will take us one hour to reach Paris, with a fuel consumption of 6.2 tons of petrol, which is very low..... "

Please understand that I am not trying to defend the 4.14 calculation you are questioning. Just curious about the claims you made.


I think I heard earlier in the video that it was 250 passengers but it looks more than 300 . So considering it was almost full occupancy and a takeoff and climb , it makes sense that the fuel burn was little more than usual as stated here.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 26394
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: 787 vs A350 range

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Even with 300+ passengers, for a block time of under two hours the plane would have been going out at her Basic Weight plus ~30,000kg of payload (passengers only, likely, so no cargo) and fuel (combined). So I could very well see such a "low" trip fuel value.
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 13990
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: 787 vs A350 range

Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:54 am

majano wrote:
I am not sure what to make of this. Firstly you claimed that there were "about 250 persons onboard", yet the video states from 13:43 that "... every seat is filled" . The aircraft itself seats 324 passengers. Now you claim that "he said before the takeoff that 1 hour burns 6.2 tons, not the flight itself. The captain states from 7:32 of the video that"...it will take us one hour to reach Paris, with a fuel consumption of 6.2 tons of petrol, which is very low..... "

Please understand that I am not trying to defend the 4.14 calculation you are questioning. Just curious about the claims you made.


The 6.2 tonne number makes sense.

I ran a plan from TLS to CDG at FL350 with ORY as an alternate. Routing LFBO14R FISTO5R FISTO UY156 FOUCO UT181 POI UT182 KEPER KEPER7W LFPG27L which is a ground distance of 413 nm, ISA deviation is +5, planned flight time 1:06.

The 6.2 tonnes makes total sense, 500 kg would be for taxi before departure, 3.3 tonnes to climb to FL350, 1.5 tonnes for cruise, and 900 kg for descent and landing.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
majano
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:45 am

Re: 787 vs A350 range

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:40 pm

zeke wrote:
majano wrote:
I am not sure what to make of this. Firstly you claimed that there were "about 250 persons onboard", yet the video states from 13:43 that "... every seat is filled" . The aircraft itself seats 324 passengers. Now you claim that "he said before the takeoff that 1 hour burns 6.2 tons, not the flight itself. The captain states from 7:32 of the video that"...it will take us one hour to reach Paris, with a fuel consumption of 6.2 tons of petrol, which is very low..... "

Please understand that I am not trying to defend the 4.14 calculation you are questioning. Just curious about the claims you made.


The 6.2 tonne number makes sense.

I ran a plan from TLS to CDG at FL350 with ORY as an alternate. Routing LFBO14R FISTO5R FISTO UY156 FOUCO UT181 POI UT182 KEPER KEPER7W LFPG27L which is a ground distance of 413 nm, ISA deviation is +5, planned flight time 1:06.

The 6.2 tonnes makes total sense, 500 kg would be for taxi before departure, 3.3 tonnes to climb to FL350, 1.5 tonnes for cruise, and 900 kg for descent and landing.

Thanks. Because of the short flight duration, every kilogram makes a difference. If the discussion was an 18 hour flight, the 500 kg required for taxiing would not matter, but it matters greatly in this context.
 
User avatar
Starlionblue
Posts: 19390
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:54 pm

Re: 787 vs A350 range

Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:46 am

Eyad89 wrote:
Vladex wrote:
According to the capetan, Air France A350-900 delivery flight with about 250 people on board burns 6.2 tonnes for one hour .
https://youtu.be/DqmViXCyVKA?t=433


And as he said, 6.2 tons is the fuel consumption of the full one hour flight, including take off, climb and cruise.


Don't forget taxi fuel, which could be half a ton.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo
 
WIederling
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: 787 vs A350 range

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:40 am

Starlionblue wrote:
Don't forget taxi fuel, which could be half a ton.

To quote
zeke wrote:
I ran a plan from TLS to CDG at FL350 with ORY as an alternate. Routing LFBO14R FISTO5R FISTO UY156 FOUCO UT181 POI UT182 KEPER KEPER7W LFPG27L which is a ground distance of 413 nm, ISA deviation is +5, planned flight time 1:06.

The 6.2 tonnes makes total sense,
. 500 kg would be for taxi before departure,
3,300 kg tonnes to climb to FL350,
1,500 kg tonnes for cruise, and
. 900 kg for descent and landing.


:-)
Murphy is an optimist
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos