anshabhi
Topic Author

International internships at Boeing & Airbus

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:59 am

Hello,
I wanted to know do Airbus or Boeing hire international undergrad students for internships? I am an Indian resident and would love to intern at the real facilities of these companies!
I have seen several relevant opportunities on career pages of both these companies, but I am not sure whether I am eligible to apply or not.
Thanks!

WPvsMW

Re: International internships at Boeing & Airbus

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:50 am

Step one. Ask Airbus or Boeing
Step two. Report back here.

euroflyer

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:19 pm

What I know is we have a lot of international students doing an internship or apprenticeship at AIB, a lot more of indians for some years now. Most of them are following courses in Toulouse schools though
Born to fly !

mxaxai

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 pm

anshabhi wrote:
I am an Indian resident

I can only speak for Airbus:

1) Indian citizens are generally okay to employ
2) Foreigners can generally get internships, unless specifically excluded for certain positions
3) You need a work and residency permit obviously

If you're an EU citizen, for example, there are zero issues. I've also met an intern from Turkey, though he was enrolled at a German university.
If you're an Indian who currently resides in India, you probably have better chances to get a proper job via a consulting company like https://www.akka-technologies.com/ They have the worldwide ties and experience to bring workers abroad.

Finally:
You mostly needn't speak the local language but it really helps if you can.

anshabhi
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:48 am

mxaxai wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
I am an Indian resident

2) Foreigners can generally get internships, unless specifically excluded for certain positions

If you're an EU citizen, for example, there are zero issues. I've also met an intern from Turkey, though he was enrolled at a German university.
If you're an Indian who currently resides in India, you probably have better chances to get a proper job via a consulting company like https://www.akka-technologies.com/ They have the worldwide ties and experience to bring workers abroad.

Finally:

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

trpmb6

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 pm

anshabhi wrote:
mxaxai wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
I am an Indian resident

Finally:

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

You may also look through the various aviation companies who have overseas operations (hint that's just about all of the major OEMs). You may not even have to travel to the US to work for these companies which may be more advantageous while still in school. Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Cessna (Textron I guess), Embraer all have facilities outside of their home country for customer support that employ engineers. Several even have full blown engineering centers in India. There are also suppliers that have an international presence, GKN and Spirit Aerosystems for instance.