Brumla
Topic Author

Theory of aircraft maintenance

Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi guys

I am currently working on my university degree. I have to make a survey on reliability of Zlín 142 aircraft which is being used as a training aircraft on our university. The survey itself is not a problem but i suffer from completing the theoretical part. The work must have at least 70 pages and the practical part (which i have already completed) is just 10. I have decided to write something about aircraft maintenance but i cant find any useful article about it on the internet. I am studying as a professional pilot (last year) and currently i have plenty of work with my ATPL exams. I have not been studying as an aircraft technician so i do not have enough knowledge to complete my theoretical part on my own. I have chosen this topic just because i thought it will be fun to make a survey of aircraft which i was flying on in the past (it really was, but as i said the theoretical part is sh**).
And here comes my question for you: do you know any web page/ book/ anything which treats of theory of aircraft maintenance or something what you think could be a nice topic to write about in my work? The best would be EASA regulations, not FAA (i am studying in Europe).

I am really thankful for every little help
Have a nice day

747Whale

Re: Theory of aircraft maintenance

Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:44 pm

I don't understand what you're asking, but it appears that you are saying that you did not study or prepare, and you want someone to do your work for you.

What is an "aircraft survey?"

Dalmd88

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Here is a topic Idea. Investigate the evolution of Aircraft Maintenance Programs. Over the years there has been an evolution of the maintenance check cycles with increasing lengths between events. Look into how advances in reliability and predictive maintenance have driven the changes. The current driver is Maintenance Steering Group 3.

Brumla
Topic Author

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:14 pm

@ 747WhaleI am not a native english speaker so i probably did not translate it correctly. The important part of my work is to collect data of Zlín operations on our university. It means: Calculate hours which each of our Zlíns have flown in the past, search out for every failure which appeared on each Zlín during operations. Order these failures by severity and calculate the probability of them. These calculations then lead to conclusion that the operations of our aircraft is safe and secure. I have already completed this part of work.
Every assignment has 2 parts: Theoretical and practical. You make the practical part on your own. (already done)
The theoretical part consists of known facts about specific topic which you have to collect, write "by your own words" and write down sources. I do not want anyone to make the work for me. I am just looking out for a source about aircraft maintenance. Types of checks, periods between them, overhauls, etc... so i can learn about it and write the theoretical part.
I have been offered this topic by my instructor (they have to make research on this aircraft). I really liked it at first because i could have spent even more time on the airport and not in the school. But i have not noticed that it wont be just a practical part but also a lot of theory. As i said i am not an aircraft mechanic. My knowledge about overhauls and things connected with aircraft maintenance is minimal. I cant change my topic now. I do not think it is bad to ask for help if you need it.
Anyway thank you for response
Last edited by Brumla on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brumla
Topic Author

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:16 pm

@Dalmd88: Thank you very much!! This is exactly what am i looking for here: nice ideas about topics which i can include into my work.

Apprentice

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm

“An4; IL18; IL6; Tu5; D10; MD11; MD83; B32; B34: B37; B744; B748; B752; B763; B772; B773; B77W; A320; A332; A333; A342; A343.
"A NO" is a positive answer., "DON'T KNOW" is not. My Tutor (a wise man)
“CUBANA” 90 years Flying”