nadeesha123
Topic Author

Questions About Crew Rest Areas

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:29 am

First of all good morning to everyone :)

My name is Nadee, I'm planning to join with a aviation college. My long term plan is being a flight attendant. So i was searching about the life of a flight attendant on instagram/facebook and some website articles.

For outside people it being a flight attendant is a fun and easy job. But i think flight crew job is one of the hardest job in the world.

While searching i found this on facebook. it says flight attendants can also rest during flights and sleep. there's a hidden room in the fight. WOW.
http://www.wonderdiscovery.com/secret-a ... nts-sleep/

can anyone explain about this?
Last edited by SQ22 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title changed

c933103

Re: Hidden room for flight attendets in Flight

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:19 am

What do you want to be explained about them?There are crew rest area compartments installed on most widebodies for crew to take rest mid-flight and you can find many diagram, article as well as photos of them via Google search
When no other countries around the world is going to militarily stop China and its subordinate fom abusing its citizens within its national boundary, it is unreasonable to expect those abuse can be countered with purely peaceful means.

BirdBrain

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:21 am

First of all welcome to airliners.net! You will find a lot of useful information here. Second, congrats on choosing your career. It is a life changing experience.

You will find a photos of crew rest areas on this site too. You will need to use the serach photos function and put in some filters. There have also been some discussion on this, so you can use the search forum function.

Crew rest areas are there on long flights as crew need rest too to perform their best. Usually there is one in front for cockpit crew and one in the back for cabin crew. Some smaller aircraft may have only one.

Enjoy!

Philippine747

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Each aircraft has a different location for the crew rest area. Most widebodies should have their own dedicated space for crew rest. On some narrowbodies, especially on long flights, airlines will block First/Business seats as a crew rest area.
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE

F27500

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:08 am

… First off .. save your money … flight attendant is an entry level position with airlines. . you don't need to waste all those years on college … or commit youself to all that expense just to become a flight attendant.

Just put in your application, go to your cattle call glamour/personality interview with all the other 19 year olds .. and then if selected, go off to your 6 week training .. and then poof! … you're in the aisles.

Now .. about that "hidden room" you seem so interested in .. . . u wont be in there too much as a new-hire.

Starlionblue

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:28 am

nadeesha123 wrote:
First of all good morning to everyone :)

My name is Nadee, I'm planning to join with a aviation college. My long term plan is being a flight attendant. So i was searching about the life of a flight attendant on instagram/facebook and some website articles.

For outside people it being a flight attendant is a fun and easy job. But i think flight crew job is one of the hardest job in the world.

While searching i found this on facebook. it says flight attendants can also rest during flights and sleep. there's a hidden room in the fight. WOW.
http://www.wonderdiscovery.com/secret-a ... nts-sleep/

can anyone explain about this?

Welcome to a.nut.

There is indeed a crew rest on many airliners. However as mentioned, don't get too excited. You won't be spending nearly enough time there.

You call it a "fun and easy job". It is anything but easy. As a pilot, I think I have the easy job in comparison. After all, I am sitting down and dealing with professionals. The cabin crew is walking, bending over constantly, handling hot food and drinks, prepping food in cramped galleys, and most importantly dealing with tired, cranky, and ofter rude customers.

Flight attendant can be a very satisfying job, but never think it is relaxing or easy. The salary isn't anything to write home about in the entry level positions either. If travelling is your passion, and you truly enjoy customer service, go for it. But don't think it is all glamorous layovers in luxury hotels.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

SFOformerFA

Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:13 pm

F27500 wrote:
… First off .. save your money … flight attendant is an entry level position with airlines. . you don't need to waste all those years on college … or commit youself to all that expense just to become a flight attendant.

Just put in your application, go to your cattle call glamour/personality interview with all the other 19 year olds .. and then if selected, go off to your 6 week training .. and then poof! … you're in the aisles.

Now .. about that "hidden room" you seem so interested in .. . . u wont be in there too much as a new-hire.

Dude. Why all of the negativity? While you make valid points, the tone in which you delivered the info was unnecessary.

OldAeroGuy

Re: Questions About Crew Rest Areas

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:12 pm

If you re-read the initial post, she/he says she/he thinks it's a hard job.
Airplane design is easy, the difficulty is getting them to fly - Barnes Wallis

Fixinthe757

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 am

But don't think it is all glamorous layovers in luxury hotels.

Right, that's for the pilots! LOL :lol: :duck:

ArchGuy1

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:29 am

It would be nice if passengers in coach have the same type of beds as the crew in the crew rest areas.

DarkSnowyNight

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:26 am

ArchGuy1 wrote:
It would be nice if passengers in coach have the same type of beds as the crew in the crew rest areas.

Sure. If you have a Dirigible centric fleet.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

VSMUT

Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:49 am

ArchGuy1 wrote:

They already do. I'm sure first/business class lie-flat already beat crew bunks in terms of comfort.

AirKevin

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:33 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:

So....crammed into the ceiling. Got it.
Captain Kevin

LaunchDetected

Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:04 pm

I installed several Flight Crew Rest Compartment for A350. It seems somewhat comfy when you spend few minutes inside to inspect them. If you are small (and not claustrophobic) it can be nice.

I didn't know you need a college degree to be F/A. Here in Europe (France) you can be in a crew for a summer job. Obviously you have to speak at least 2 languages.

Good luck for your future !
Caravelle lover

Starlionblue

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 am

AirKevin wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:

So....crammed into the ceiling. Got it.

Still better than Business. It is quite and dark and no one is passing you in the aisle.

Now if only there was a lav in there...
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo