ArgleBargle
Topic Author

Are these contrails alarming?

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:14 am

Hello everyone,

I wonder if the contrails in the video below appear unusual, excessively numerous or remarkable in any other way.

(The video was published on a San Diego neighborhood forum a few days ago and it's generated some predictably lively exchanges about contrails as well as some debates over chemtrails. Often, these types of discussions benefit from having a baseline that anchors them in reality).

So, if you have some professional familiarity with contrails and a moment to share your opinion, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykaDuCQVrp4

TSS

Re: Are these contrails alarming?

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:08 am

With its large military presence and proximity to both Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean, I'm surprised there weren't more contrails visible over San Diego that day. The cirrus clouds in the sky are a good indication that conditions are right for the formation of long-lasting contrails.

You can accurately and scientifically explain what contrails are and how they're formed until you're blue in the face and the conspiracy theorists still will not listen. The best you can hope for is that they'll think you're a gullible fool who's been taken in by the lies of <insert covert nefarious agency, society, or movement here> and the worst you can expect is that they'll think you were sent by the aforementioned group to throw them off the scent of some great hidden conspiracy in which case they might react violently. Don't waste your time engaging with them.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

KentB27

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:49 am

The notion that someone is equating a few contrails with an entire city/state being under attack is absolutely laughable to me. This individual has 3 other videos on their channel spewing out this same crap. It's complete nonsense. Contrails are totally normal.

spacecadet

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:04 am

Short answer: no.

I'd ask what the OP thought was strange about this but I don't really want to know. A lot of areas of the country see triple or quadruple this many contrails at any given moment, all again totally normal from commercial flights operating at the altitudes and in conditions conducive to contrails.

Science! Look it up.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

Starlionblue

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:26 am

Here's a comprehensive list of the scientific "evidence" for chemtrails: http://thevane.gawker.com/heres-a-list- ... 1618590928
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

CosmicCruiser

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:44 pm

what? were there about 4 contrails? Heck the other day I saw 12 contrails all crossing over the MEM VOR! What a site! Wish I had my camera

PerVG

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:18 pm

Did you really use the word "alarming" in respect to contrails? :lol:

greg85

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:37 pm

It’s an April fools thing. He mentions Its April 1st several times in the video.

CALTECH

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:22 pm

This is what we hide inside the airplanes, our Type IV-I Chemical Mixer. The whole fleet is equipped with them now.....

The gun is a precious Symbol of Freedom
Criminals are the deadly cancer on American society
Those who believe otherwise are consumed by an ideology
That is impervious to evidence of tyrants who disarm their citizens

ptwings

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:23 pm

Just tell him that chemtrails are essentially Dihydrogen Monoxide and have to be cautious

VSMUT

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:50 am

Starlionblue wrote:

Here's a comprehensive list of the scientific "evidence" for chemtrails: http://thevane.gawker.com/heres-a-list- ... 1618590928

Nice ChemD-80 there :duck:

JayinKitsap

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:43 am

The dangers of DHMO cannot be overstated. We really need to be cautious about excessive exposure to it.

Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
Contributes to soil erosion.
Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

CosmicCruiser

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:20 pm

I find this alarming! lol

Natflyer

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
CALTECH wrote:
This is what we hide inside the airplanes, our Type IV-I Chemical Mixer. The whole fleet is equipped with them now.....

Ssssshhhh! You are letting out industry secrets!

DocLightning

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:55 pm

CALTECH wrote:
This is what we hide inside the airplanes, our Type IV-I Chemical Mixer. ]

You misspelled "kemikill."
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Chemist

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:36 pm

I have a degree in Chemistry. DHMO is responsible for thousands of deaths each year. You have to wear protective equipment if you are going to be exposed to it in sufficient quantities. In some climates, there is a lot of it in the air and it affects people's health. And those contrails - they contain DHMO as well. It's truly frightening I tell you.

CosmicCruiser

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:05 am

"He's right you know" (Monty Python)

Gr8Circle

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 am

I live in Toronto and the skies over Toronto are pretty busy with overflying aircraft...…..on certain days, when the sky is clear and conditions perfect for contrails to persist for a while, I have counted up to 20 visible contrails......most of them are from planes that have already passed over 10 or 20 minutes ago.....some more recent......nothing alarming about it......on other days skies are cloudy or conditions not right for contrails to remain visible so we don't see them.....but the same flights pass through our air space every day so it's a daily occurrence for sure....we just see them on certain days when conditions are favorable......else we see only a few here and there between the clouds.....

speedbird52

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:29 am

ArgleBargle wrote:
Hello everyone,

I wonder if the contrails in the video below appear unusual, excessively numerous or remarkable in any other way.

(The video was published on a San Diego neighborhood forum a few days ago and it's generated some predictably lively exchanges about contrails as well as some debates over chemtrails. Often, these types of discussions benefit from having a baseline that anchors them in reality).

So, if you have some professional familiarity with contrails and a moment to share your opinion, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykaDuCQVrp4

I would politely request that you do not give people like this attention. The more views his video gets, the more likely the Youtube algorithm is to suggest it

ArgleBargle
Topic Author

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:25 am

+Speedbird52: That's certainly true; in fact after watching this video, I also noticed a temporary increase in all manner of "crackpot-themed" videos suggested by YouTube. I dealt with it by systematically clicking "not interested" by the video suggestions and, at least in my case, that seems to have fixed the problem. I'm aware, however, that it's entirely reasonable that other people would prefer not to have to do any of this.

I probably should have mentioned in my initial post that I'd appreciate any opinions about contrails (or about the paranoia about chemtrails) from people with an interest or background in aviation (or sciences related to aviation) regardless of whether the posters watch the video or not.

Thank you, by the way, to all the posters who took the time to engage with my question.

ExpatVet

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Chemist wrote:
I have a degree in Chemistry. DHMO is responsible for thousands of deaths each year. You have to wear protective equipment if you are going to be exposed to it in sufficient quantities. In some climates, there is a lot of it in the air and it affects people's health. And those contrails - they contain DHMO as well. It's truly frightening I tell you.

And you have a degree in this "chemical" stuff. You sicko. All these unnatural chemicals, poisoning our PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!!!!

(Sorry, I'm a sucker for old movies)
L101, 733/4/5/8, 741/2/3 (never managed 744!), MD 80/2/3/8/90, MD11, DHC8/3/Q4, E170, E195, 757, 77W, 763/4, Travel Air 2000. A300/310, A319/320/321, A333, ATR-72, probably a few others I forget. Passenger, not pilot, alas! BUD based.

WildcatYXU

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 pm

Gr8Circle wrote:
I live in Toronto and the skies over Toronto are pretty busy with overflying aircraft...…..on certain days, when the sky is clear and conditions perfect for contrails to persist for a while, I have counted up to 20 visible contrails......most of them are from planes that have already passed over 10 or 20 minutes ago.....some more recent......nothing alarming about it......on other days skies are cloudy or conditions not right for contrails to remain visible so we don't see them.....but the same flights pass through our air space every day so it's a daily occurrence for sure....we just see them on certain days when conditions are favorable......else we see only a few here and there between the clouds.....

Actually, what looked really alarming over Toronto was the completely clear, blue sky. You know when.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

seb146

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:53 am

I was on cloud nine last night watching my JC singing with his boys and Ari at Coachella on the live stream, as the kids do these days. I have been wondering what would compare to that tonight. Thank you contrail thread!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

mandala499

Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:39 am

Just another April Fool's video... with an aviation theme... :P of a Chemtrail kind...
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

CosmicCruiser

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:38 pm

no one got the joke yet?

CALTECH

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:39 pm

This was no April Fool's joke. The individual who posted that Chemtrail video has many more not videoed on April 1st that he has posted.
He is a believer.
Last edited by CALTECH on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArgleBargle
Topic Author

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:34 pm

+CALTECH & others: It didn't sound like an April 1st joke to my ear either. I don't know the guy (or the neighbor who posted this) personally, but given the context of his other videos, I really believe that this fellow is afflicted by this existential dread of contrails at all times during the year (and that he coincidentally made another video on April 1st w/o intending it as a joke). He's not kidding; he's probably in distress like that all day every day.

FatCat

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm

we'd better wear our tinfoil hats and destroy Roddy Piper's sunglasses
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

CALTECH

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:48 am

ArgleBargle wrote:
+CALTECH & others: It didn't sound like an April 1st joke to my ear either. I don't know the guy (or the neighbor who posted this) personally, but given the context of his other videos, I really believe that this fellow is afflicted by this existential dread of contrails at all times during the year (and that he coincidentally made another video on April 1st w/o intending it as a joke). He's not kidding; he's probably in distress like that all day every day.

Want to throw him for a loop ? Show him some photos like these....

airnorth

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:22 pm

I was sunbathing on Blacks Beach on April 1, and later that night I felt a slight burning on my testicles. Could that be related to these chem trails?! BTW, there was a lot of activity in the skies that day....

TSS

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 am

airnorth wrote:
I was sunbathing on Blacks Beach on April 1, and later that night I felt a slight burning on my testicles. Could that be related to these chem trails?!

If you felt a similar burning on your buttocks at the same time, it almost certainly was related.

airnorth wrote:
BTW, there was a lot of activity in the skies that day....

Skies, schmies… what was the activity like on Black's Beach that day?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

stratclub

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:55 am

the danger is very real. all aircraft flights must be suspended immediately. Birds will be allowed to fly if they apply for flight wavers. In the future any destination that require travel over water will be attended to by a fleet of giant sea horses.

This dire warning must be acted on immediately. Congresswoman AOC who knows everything has decreed that all use of fossil fuel must stop within 12 years or all life on the planet will be wiped out. https://www.inverse.com/article/52659-a ... ate-change

airnorth

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 am

TSS wrote:
airnorth wrote:
I was sunbathing on Blacks Beach on April 1, and later that night I felt a slight burning on my testicles. Could that be related to these chem trails?!

If you felt a similar burning on your buttocks at the same time, it almost certainly was related.

airnorth wrote:
BTW, there was a lot of activity in the skies that day....

Skies, schmies… what was the activity like on Black's Beach that day?

Mostly old dudes strutting around, but there was also a few nice birds!

spacecadet

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:27 am

CosmicCruiser wrote:
no one got the joke yet?

There was a joke?

April Fool's Day is April 1st. This was posted on April 13th.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

CosmicCruiser

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:21 pm

spacecadet wrote:
CosmicCruiser wrote:
no one got the joke yet?

There was a joke?

April Fool's Day is April 1st. This was posted on April 13th.

yeah, DHMO is water

strfyr51

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:03 pm

if that guy was Serious? Nothing ANYBODY was going to say would matter!! Chemtrails? Yeah sure!

DALMD80

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:01 am

VSMUT wrote:
Starlionblue wrote:

Nice ChemD-80 there :duck:

Nice! :spin:
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.

CALTECH

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:47 pm

DocLightning wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
This is what we hide inside the airplanes, our Type IV-I Chemical Mixer. ]

You misspelled "kemikill."

'Kemikill' is trademarked and top secret, now you've done it......

CALTECH

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:49 pm

ExpatVet wrote:
Chemist wrote:

And you have a degree in this "chemical" stuff. You sicko. All these unnatural chemicals, poisoning our PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!!!!

(Sorry, I'm a sucker for old movies)

Flouridation is the communist version of Chemtrailing. We use Dihydrogen Monoxide as Capitalists.....

DocLightning

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:27 am

Chemist wrote:

I am a physician.

DHMO is known to cause:
*burns
*hemolytic anemia
*decreased serum sodium and new-onset seizures in infants
*cellular damage to respiratory mucosa immediately on direct contact.
*corneal stromal edema on direct contact with the eye
*marked diuresis
*oxygen deprivation

It has been found in 100% of people who died of all causes. 100% of people exposed to DHMO will die. DHMO is found in all cancerous tumors. It is a major component in vaccines. Most big pharma products use DHMO at some point in their production. DHMO is found in the steam plumes from nuclear powerplants and also in the cooling discharge.

Moreover, DHMO is corrosive, rusting metal, eroding stone, and rotting wood. Most household cleaning chemicals contain DHMO.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

CosmicCruiser

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:16 pm

how true. is there no way to get this banned?