Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
jsteeves3
Topic Author
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm

U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:43 am

I feel like there is not much information about bases for F/A's and pilots so I thought it would be a good idea to pool information about where bases are located and their demographics. Here is a list of the ones I know for sure. I think there must be more G4 and does HA bases F/A's in LIH and KOA?

Alaska Airlines

Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA)
Portland, OR (PDX)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
San Diego, CA (SAN)
Anchorage, AK (ANC)
San Jose, CA? (SJC)

American Airlines

Boston, MA (BOS)
Charlotte, NC (CLT)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX, ONT, SNA)
Miami, FL (MIA, FLL)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
St. Louis, MO (STL)
Washington, DC (IAD, DCA, BWI)

United Airlines

Boston, MA (BOS)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Houston, TX (IAH)
New York, NY (EWR, LGA)
Denver, CO (DEN)
Washington, DC (IAD, DCA, BWI)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX, ?)
Guam (GUM)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Honolulu, HI (HNL)

Spirit Airlines

Atlantic City, NJ (ACY)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
Detroit, MI (DTW)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)

Frontier Airlines

Denver, CO (DEN)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Trenton/Philadelphia, NJ/PA (TTN, PHL)

Delta Air Lines

Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Detroit, MI (DTW)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Salt Lake City, UT (SLC)
Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Cincinnati, OH (CVG)
Raleigh/Durham (RDU)

JetBlue

Boston, MA (BOS)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Long Beach, CA (LGB)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Orlando, FL (MCO)


Southwest Airlines

Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Chicago, IL (MDW)
Dallas, TX (DAL)
Denver, CO (DEN)
Houston, TX (HOU)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Oakland, CA (OAK)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Phoenix, AZ (PHX)

Hawaiian Airlines

Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Kahului, HI (OGG)
Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA)
Lihue, HI (LIH)

Sun Country Airlines

Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP)
Portland, OR (PDX)

Allegiant Air

Orlando, FL (SBF)
St. Petersburg/Clearwater, FL (PIE)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Punta Gorda, FL (PGD)
Phoenix/Mesa, AZ (AZA)
 
aacun
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:47 am

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:00 am

Being a flight att. myself it’s cool finding out where other airlines have domiciles..... now I will go one further....... how about where do US airlines have satellite bases? I just found out my airline has a satellite in Pittsburg ( felt totally stupid not knowing this) since I work there !
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:14 am

Delta has MCO and FLL flight attendant bases.
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:29 am

UA also has a CLE FA & LAS FA Base as well. Transfers were cleared into LAS late last year. Transfers to CLE were cleared earlier this year and new hires will be sent to CLE beginning in May marking the first time new hires have been sent to CLE since the merger. Last time new hires got sent to CLE was circa 2007ish and when CO was still around. Transfers and New hires also went to BOS as late as December of last year.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call
 
twicearound
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 am

jsteeves3 wrote:
I feel like there is not much information about bases for F/A's and pilots so I thought it would be a good idea to pool information about where bases are located and their demographics. Here is a list of the ones I know for sure. I think there must be more G4 and does HA bases F/A's in LIH and KOA?

Alaska Airlines

Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA)
Portland, OR (PDX)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
San Diego, CA (SAN)
Anchorage, AK (ANC)
San Jose, CA? (SJC)

American Airlines

Boston, MA (BOS)
Charlotte, NC (CLT)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX, ONT, SNA)
Miami, FL (MIA, FLL)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
St. Louis, MO (STL)
Washington, DC (IAD, DCA, BWI)

United Airlines

Boston, MA (BOS)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Houston, TX (IAH)
New York, NY (EWR, LGA)
Denver, CO (DEN)
Washington, DC (IAD, DCA, BWI)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX, ?)
Guam (GUM)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Honolulu, HI (HNL)

Spirit Airlines

Atlantic City, NJ (ACY)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
Detroit, MI (DTW)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)

Frontier Airlines

Denver, CO (DEN)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Trenton/Philadelphia, NJ/PA (TTN, PHL)

Delta Air Lines

Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Detroit, MI (DTW)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Salt Lake City, UT (SLC)
Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Cincinnati, OH (CVG)
Raleigh/Durham (RDU)

JetBlue

Boston, MA (BOS)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Long Beach, CA (LGB)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Orlando, FL (MCO)


Southwest Airlines

Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Chicago, IL (MDW)
Dallas, TX (DAL)
Denver, CO (DEN)
Houston, TX (HOU)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Oakland, CA (OAK)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Phoenix, AZ (PHX)

Hawaiian Airlines

Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Kahului, HI (OGG)
Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA)
Lihue, HI (LIH)

Sun Country Airlines

Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP)
Portland, OR (PDX)

Allegiant Air

Orlando, FL (SBF)
St. Petersburg/Clearwater, FL (PIE)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Punta Gorda, FL (PGD)
Phoenix/Mesa, AZ (AZA)


For DL you can add
MCO
MIA/FLL
HNL
PDX
SAN
ORD
TPA
NRT
MNL
Last edited by twicearound on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
jsteeves3
Topic Author
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:44 am

I will keep an updated list on my blog for easier editing for anyone interested! https://airportsairlinesandaircraft.blo ... bases.html
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 7310
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:47 am

UA also has London, Buenos Aires, and I think Tokyo as well as Hong Kong.
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:49 am

TWA772LR wrote:
UA also has London, Buenos Aires, and I think Tokyo as well as Hong Kong.


We don’t have a Buenos Aires FA Base. Our foreign locations are:

NRT
HKG
FRA
LHR
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call
 
Jetmarc
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:54 am

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:54 am

UA also has domiciles in LHR, FRA, and NRT. (Maybe HKG).

I thought that AA also had a foreign national crew base in South America (LIM?)

DL has a domicile in NRT.
"Sucka, I'm gonna send you out on Knuckle Airlines. Fist Class!!" ~ Mr. T
 
ABEguy
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:54 am

AA definitely has FAs based in BOG, LIM, and I think GRU. There’s probably others in SA.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:55 am

G4 launched a PIT base in 2015 when they started service here. Originally was one A319 and 40 employees. Right now it’s two A319s. Not sure how large the number of employees has grown since then.

AA did have a satellite FA base at PIT also, although I can’t remember if it’s around anymore.
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:05 am

UA was supposed to open up satellite bases in MCO, SAN & PHX but those plans have been put on hold indefinitely.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call
 
ozark1
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:38 am

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:16 am

AA South America bases: EZE, BOG, LIM, SCL
AA Satellite bases: SAN (LAX)
SMF (SFO)
MSP (ORD)
ATL (MIA)
PIT (PHL)
There may be one or two that I have forgotten, Satellites came when TWA came on board. Not sure how long they had had them prior.
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:50 am

aacun wrote:
Being a flight att. myself it’s cool finding out where other airlines have domiciles..... now I will go one further....... how about where do US airlines have satellite bases? I just found out my airline has a satellite in Pittsburg ( felt totally stupid not knowing this) since I work there !


California or Kansas?
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"
 
User avatar
aloha73g
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:30 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:38 am

Hawaiian’s F/A bases are HNL and LAX.

Crew members who live on Maui (OGG), Kaua‘i (LIH) and Hawai‘i (KOA) can skip the deadhead to/from HNL and start and end their trips on a neighbor island ... BUT those F/A’s are all based at HNL.
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!
 
RetiredWeasel
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:15 am

NRT and MNL based flight attendants for DL used to be all citizens of their associated country. There were no US residents based there...but somebody can correct me if that has changed.
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:01 am

For some reason, I thought WN had (or were planning to establish) satellite bases in FLL and/or TPA. Maybe I'm misremembering...
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5357
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:17 am

twicearound wrote:
jsteeves3 wrote:
I feel like there is not much information about bases for F/A's and pilots so I thought it would be a good idea to pool information about where bases are located and their demographics. Here is a list of the ones I know for sure. I think there must be more G4 and does HA bases F/A's in LIH and KOA?

Alaska Airlines

Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA)
Portland, OR (PDX)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
San Diego, CA (SAN)
Anchorage, AK (ANC)
San Jose, CA? (SJC)

American Airlines

Boston, MA (BOS)
Charlotte, NC (CLT)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX, ONT, SNA)
Miami, FL (MIA, FLL)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
St. Louis, MO (STL)
Washington, DC (IAD, DCA, BWI)

United Airlines

Boston, MA (BOS)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Houston, TX (IAH)
New York, NY (EWR, LGA)
Denver, CO (DEN)
Washington, DC (IAD, DCA, BWI)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX, ?)
Guam (GUM)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Honolulu, HI (HNL)

Spirit Airlines

Atlantic City, NJ (ACY)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
Detroit, MI (DTW)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)

Frontier Airlines

Denver, CO (DEN)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Trenton/Philadelphia, NJ/PA (TTN, PHL)

Delta Air Lines

Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Detroit, MI (DTW)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Salt Lake City, UT (SLC)
Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Cincinnati, OH (CVG)
Raleigh/Durham (RDU)

JetBlue

Boston, MA (BOS)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Long Beach, CA (LGB)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA, EWR)
Orlando, FL (MCO)


Southwest Airlines

Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Chicago, IL (MDW)
Dallas, TX (DAL)
Denver, CO (DEN)
Houston, TX (HOU)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Oakland, CA (OAK)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Phoenix, AZ (PHX)

Hawaiian Airlines

Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Kahului, HI (OGG)
Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA)
Lihue, HI (LIH)

Sun Country Airlines

Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP)
Portland, OR (PDX)

Allegiant Air

Orlando, FL (SBF)
St. Petersburg/Clearwater, FL (PIE)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Punta Gorda, FL (PGD)
Phoenix/Mesa, AZ (AZA)


For DL you can add
MCO
MIA/FLL
HNL
PDX
SAN
ORD
TPA
NRT
MNL


IND as well for most of the year
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
jsteeves3
Topic Author
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 am

The list I am making is only for domestic U.S. airline bases. However, feel free to discuss international ones her as well
 
rainaviation2
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:06 pm

SY has flight attendants in LAS, DFW, GPT and IFP as well.
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2453
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:08 pm

I thought I heard that G4 has a base in Asheville, NC.
 
nws2002
Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:04 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:10 pm

G4 has AVL, GRR, IND, PIT, BLI, MYR, LAX, OAK, VPS, and TYS as well.
 
77H
Posts: 1570
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:41 am

CONTACREW wrote:
UA was supposed to open up satellite bases in MCO, SAN & PHX but those plans have been put on hold indefinitely.


What is the reason for the cancelation of those plans? I remember there being a lot of positive feedback from crews when this was announced.

77H
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Fri May 10, 2019 8:24 pm

77H wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:
UA was supposed to open up satellite bases in MCO, SAN & PHX but those plans have been put on hold indefinitely.


What is the reason for the cancelation of those plans? I remember there being a lot of positive feedback from crews when this was announced.

77H


The satellite bases will open beginning of the September 2019 bid month.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call
 
trueblew
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Re: U.S. Airline F/A Bases

Sat May 11, 2019 5:02 am

B6:

NYC: strike EWR
LGB: add LAX
FLL: add PBI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DylanHarvey, yashk and 22 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos