Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
frederickpkc
Topic Author
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:25 am

Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:04 am

Hi Experts,

I am doing research on aviation grease and would like to know the usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 on narrow body a/c like A320. Understand usage varies to a/c model, just wanna know a rough figure of ratio.

Thanks
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2541
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:45 am

frederickpkc wrote:
Hi Experts,

I am doing research on aviation grease and would like to know the usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 on narrow body a/c like A320. Understand usage varies to a/c model, just wanna know a rough figure of ratio.

Thanks


Do Airbus aircraft actually use US mil spec grease?
 
User avatar
fr8mech
Posts: 8310
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:00 am

Re: Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:57 am

Jouhou wrote:
Do Airbus aircraft actually use US mil spec grease?


Yes, Airbus does use MIL Spec.
 
unimproved
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Re: Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:31 am

Can't speak for the A320 but on the 747 it's #33 unless specified otherwise. I'd say about 90%.
 
Lpbri
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Re: Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:44 pm

The most common grease I know of is Mobil 28, it's red, and AeroShell 33, and its olive in color. Royco something is used for areas around carbon brakes. It's black. Airbus may use something different.
 
strfyr51
Posts: 5106
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:48 am

Jouhou wrote:
frederickpkc wrote:
Hi Experts,

I am doing research on aviation grease and would like to know the usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 on narrow body a/c like A320. Understand usage varies to a/c model, just wanna know a rough figure of ratio.

Thanks


Do Airbus aircraft actually use US mil spec grease?

Yes they do! Airbus uses Milspec Grease as it meets their material requirements. Just like the engines use Milspec oil and Hydraulic fluids.. Why would they Not?
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2541
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:18 am

strfyr51 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
frederickpkc wrote:
Hi Experts,

I am doing research on aviation grease and would like to know the usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 on narrow body a/c like A320. Understand usage varies to a/c model, just wanna know a rough figure of ratio.

Thanks


Do Airbus aircraft actually use US mil spec grease?

Yes they do! Airbus uses Milspec Grease as it meets their material requirements. Just like the engines use Milspec oil and Hydraulic fluids.. Why would they Not?


Because I work in defense and the mil specs our greases and lubricants conform to make them extremely expensive...
 
Dalmd88
Posts: 3201
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2000 3:19 am

Re: Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Every manufacturer that I've ever worked on specs the grease as Mil spec. It is the best way to control the quality and all the petroleum companies make their aviation grease to mil spec standards.

As for which is most popular, At Delta for most fleet types if I recall, I haven't greased a plane in years. All landing gear components were Royco 11, black grease. Most everything else was Aeroshell 33, the green grease. Some actuators called for Mobil 28, red grease and a few spots used Aeroshell 7, light tan grease. Now the MD88/90 were pretty much Mobil 28 for most of the airframe and Royco 11 for gear.
 
acmx
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Re: Usage ratio of MIL-PRF-23827 to MIL-PRF-81322 grease on A320

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:31 pm

According to aeroshell: “Of 359 grease application points on a Boeing 737 - AeroShell Grease 33 lubricates all but 9 of them”. BMS 3-33 meets MIL-PRF-23827C specification. On Boeing’s, it’s definitely the most common grease I’ve seen. Pretty much used all over except a few landing gear fittings.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: N0dak, QAT and 24 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos