Aerodave
Topic Author

First Type OJT - EASA Framework

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:54 am

Would you confirm if OJT can be obtained while still getting the Basic Experience for the B1.1 license and a example case below:

Let's say I am employed with a Part 145 MRO performing line maintenance to various types of aircraft. As no technical relevant experience apply I will need 5 years of experience and the task I am carrying outduring this period I log in my logbook accordingly in order to prove the Basic Experience.

Let's say at the same time, as I have already made the decission that the first type to be introduced in my licnse will be the A320 family, every time I work on this type not only I record the task in my Basic Experience Logbook but also in a separate logbook for OJT, will this be acceptable or OJT has to be performed once your blank license is issued.

1. I am aware only the 50% of the OJT can be carried out before the Level 3 type course (theory) but this has nothing to do with the license issuance.

2. Also aware the type course and OJT shall be started and completed within the three years preceding the application of a type rating endorsement but again this has little to do with the timescales of the license itself.

In brief can I assume after the 2 first years of basic experience obtained, I can start bulding my OJT logbook.