x1234
Topic Author

What is the MOST expensive airspace in the world!?

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:59 pm

After some googling I have found out Russian airspace is really expensive and flights to Japan try to avoid it if they can. Obviously factoring in fuel burn and everything else flights to China/Hong Kong/Taiwan may also use it. I also know Mexican airspace is also expensive and Canadian less so. What is the MOST expensive airspace in the world right now? I'm genuinely curious...

GalaxyFlyer

Re: What is the MOST expensive airspace in the world!?

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 pm

There’s a lot goes into it—not just overflight permit fees, there’s navigation fees for ATC, fees for using an airport for a tech stop, etc.

GF

gloom

Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:08 am

x1234 wrote:
What is the MOST expensive airspace in the world right now? I'm genuinely curious...

Look for the crowdy ones. However, I don't think you'll be able to name just one. Discounts, deals between countries, earlier/later deal for a slot, all could count for exact price. It could come to the point where 50% of airlines would name one area, and other 50% another area.
From my perspective, there will be Siberia definitely, and quite possibly NATs as well. I'd say Turkey is quite crowdy as well, with all those south Asia/Middle East flights. No examples, though.

Cheers,
Adam

mmo

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:12 pm

From my experience, the Polar track system and Russian overflights are the most expensive flights. Just about everyplace is fairly priced, maybe not for the service, or lack of service you receive but it's not outrageous.
If we weren't all crazy we'd all go insane!