Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

yearman
Topic Author

Collaboration Software?

Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:34 am

Do any aerospace suppliers and/or airlines use any kinds of software to collaborate together on things like forecasting or supply and demand planning? I'm wondering if there are any better ways to share data back and forth besides emailing Excel files. Thanks!

WIederling

Re: Collaboration Software?

Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:17 am

SAP ? :-)
Actually any type of (better) ERP software.

good solutions work across the full production and planning tree ( and across entity boundaries ).
IMU a PITA to set up :-))
Murphy is an optimist

flipdewaf

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:55 pm

WIederling wrote:

good solutions work across the full production and planning tree ( and across entity boundaries ).

Oh My! I Nearly physically vomited when you said SAP.

If you like a user interface from 1992 that requires you to wait for the 'wheel of impending doom' to stop spinning every time you make a change all within a system that doesn't know how numbers work only to be presented with a pop-up window that is somehow always 10 pixels wider than the screen you are viewing it on (I swear I move from my laptop (1280wide) to my desktop screen (1650 wide) and the windows grow to be just to big again) and require the only useful piece of information to be in the column on the right so you need to scroll across using a system where you cannot drag the bar and need to click the little button then SAP is the program you need!

Fred

unimproved

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:10 am

flipdewaf wrote:
WIederling wrote:

If you like a user interface from 1992 that requires you to wait for the 'wheel of impending doom' to stop spinning every time you make a change all within a system that doesn't know how numbers work only to be presented with a pop-up window that is somehow always 10 pixels wider than the screen you are viewing it on (I swear I move from my laptop (1280wide) to my desktop screen (1650 wide) and the windows grow to be just to big again) and require the only useful piece of information to be in the column on the right so you need to scroll across using a system where you cannot drag the bar and need to click the little button then SAP is the program you need!

Fred

Then welcome to our system, where SAP is the most modern software with the least issues...

While also being botched into a parts backend that was already outdated in the 90s

WIederling

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:25 am

flipdewaf wrote:
WIederling wrote:

he :-)

UI is not the underpinning. does the system as such work?
and .. ever tried a bug report?

( UI: lots of contention between what the system offers as visible window and what the programmer
thinks indicates visible window. Just for the web and html: there are so many sites that try to render into the full screen
while only offered a tab frame in the browser. and disable scrolling for good measure.
So many "web designer" around I'd really like to hurt. ... )
Murphy is an optimist