Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
blacksoviet
Topic Author
Posts: 1674
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

757-300 dual jetway boarding

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Delta attaches two jetways to the 757-300 in HNL. Why doesn’t Delta board the 753 with two jetways anywhere else?

Is it simply because of a lack of available dual-jetway gates at LAX?

Are there any airports where United uses two jetways for 757-300 boarding or deplaning?
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: 757-300 dual jetway boarding

Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:34 pm

I don't know too many airports in the United States that have two jetways for domestic use. I think the few that have two jetways at a gate have them at the international terminal. That said, I don't know how many airports in the United States have two jetways at all at a given gate.
Captain Kevin
 
zuckie13
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: 757-300 dual jetway boarding

Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:42 am

It's very rare to see a narrow-body use multiple jetways. ON the 757-300 it's not worth much boarding time savings for maybe two dozen business seats. If they could board at doors 2 and 3 or 2 and 4, that would actually help, but other than WN in Albany I'm not sure anyone in the US has over-wing jetways.
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: 757-300 dual jetway boarding

Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:00 am

zuckie13 wrote:
It's very rare to see a narrow-body use multiple jetways. ON the 757-300 it's not worth much boarding time savings for maybe two dozen business seats. If they could board at doors 2 and 3 or 2 and 4, that would actually help, but other than WN in Albany I'm not sure anyone in the US has over-wing jetways.

United tried it in Denver, but it didn't end so good for them.

https://www.denverpost.com/2007/10/30/u ... oject/amp/
Captain Kevin
 
User avatar
airportugal310
Posts: 3659
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:49 pm

Re: 757-300 dual jetway boarding

Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:05 am

AirKevin wrote:
zuckie13 wrote:
It's very rare to see a narrow-body use multiple jetways. ON the 757-300 it's not worth much boarding time savings for maybe two dozen business seats. If they could board at doors 2 and 3 or 2 and 4, that would actually help, but other than WN in Albany I'm not sure anyone in the US has over-wing jetways.

United tried it in Denver, but it didn't end so good for them.

https://www.denverpost.com/2007/10/30/u ... oject/amp/


Ya..13 years ago. Hardly a good measure of whats possible today...
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 14473
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: 757-300 dual jetway boarding

Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:33 pm

AirKevin wrote:
I don't know too many airports in the United States that have two jetways for domestic use. I think the few that have two jetways at a gate have them at the international terminal. That said, I don't know how many airports in the United States have two jetways at all at a given gate.


Most UA hubs have at least a handful of pure domestic gates and several international gates with dual jet bridges. The numbers vary, but other than IAD, I think UA has access to dual jet bridge gates at every hub.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StereoTechque and 19 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos