Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

blacksoviet
Topic Author

757-300 dual jetway boarding

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Delta attaches two jetways to the 757-300 in HNL. Why doesn’t Delta board the 753 with two jetways anywhere else?

Is it simply because of a lack of available dual-jetway gates at LAX?

Are there any airports where United uses two jetways for 757-300 boarding or deplaning?

AirKevin

Re: 757-300 dual jetway boarding

Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:34 pm

I don't know too many airports in the United States that have two jetways for domestic use. I think the few that have two jetways at a gate have them at the international terminal. That said, I don't know how many airports in the United States have two jetways at all at a given gate.
Captain Kevin

zuckie13

Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:42 am

It's very rare to see a narrow-body use multiple jetways. ON the 757-300 it's not worth much boarding time savings for maybe two dozen business seats. If they could board at doors 2 and 3 or 2 and 4, that would actually help, but other than WN in Albany I'm not sure anyone in the US has over-wing jetways.

AirKevin

Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:00 am

zuckie13 wrote:
It's very rare to see a narrow-body use multiple jetways. ON the 757-300 it's not worth much boarding time savings for maybe two dozen business seats. If they could board at doors 2 and 3 or 2 and 4, that would actually help, but other than WN in Albany I'm not sure anyone in the US has over-wing jetways.

United tried it in Denver, but it didn't end so good for them.

https://www.denverpost.com/2007/10/30/u ... oject/amp/
Captain Kevin

airportugal310

Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:05 am

AirKevin wrote:
zuckie13 wrote:

United tried it in Denver, but it didn't end so good for them.

https://www.denverpost.com/2007/10/30/u ... oject/amp/

Ya..13 years ago. Hardly a good measure of whats possible today...
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

Cubsrule

Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:33 pm

AirKevin wrote:
I don't know too many airports in the United States that have two jetways for domestic use. I think the few that have two jetways at a gate have them at the international terminal. That said, I don't know how many airports in the United States have two jetways at all at a given gate.

Most UA hubs have at least a handful of pure domestic gates and several international gates with dual jet bridges. The numbers vary, but other than IAD, I think UA has access to dual jet bridge gates at every hub.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more