wn676
Topic Author
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

B767-300 Door Configurations

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:23 pm

While there have been many discussions on the topic of the multiple door configurations of the B767-300, I have a couple of questions that so far I’ve not been able to dig up answers to:

1) Is there a complete list available of all of the frames still active that have an L2 door forward of the wing?

2) Which operators with that door configuration actually standardize or prefer the use of L2 over L1 when enplaning/deplaning passengers?

For a little bit of background, I’m looking at this from the perspective of gate/stand parking design where a boarding bridge may need to support L2 docking for this type.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
Kno
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: B767-300 Door Configurations

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:33 pm

As far as gate design, it would be no different than any other aircraft with L2 boarding, just pull the jetway up to the L2 door. From my observation, L1 would often be used on 767s with L2 doors anyway, and I would assume this is most likely because jetway operators and cabin crews were typically more familiar with this configuration.
 
wn676
Topic Author
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: B767-300 Door Configurations

Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Kno wrote:
As far as gate design, it would be no different than any other aircraft with L2 boarding, just pull the jetway up to the L2 door. From my observation, L1 would often be used on 767s with L2 doors anyway, and I would assume this is most likely because jetway operators and cabin crews were typically more familiar with this configuration.


That’s been my assumption as well. There are some layouts where the placement of the rotunda or stop mark and the retraction limit of the bridge prevents an L1 operation. The smart thing to do would be to always design your bridges and stop marks to allow for L1 but unfortunately that practice hasn’t always been followed.

Maybe to rephrase the original post...L2 boarding is certainly rare for the type, I’m just trying to quantity exactly how unnecessary it really is based on current operators that have that particular door variant.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
strfyr51
Posts: 4484
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: B767-300 Door Configurations

Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:34 am

wn676 wrote:
While there have been many discussions on the topic of the multiple door configurations of the B767-300, I have a couple of questions that so far I’ve not been able to dig up answers to:

1) Is there a complete list available of all of the frames still active that have an L2 door forward of the wing?

2) Which operators with that door configuration actually standardize or prefer the use of L2 over L1 when enplaning/deplaning passengers?

For a little bit of background, I’m looking at this from the perspective of gate/stand parking design where a boarding bridge may need to support L2 docking for this type.

the United 767-300'svall still use L2 door lading and unloadimg where they don't have dual jetwaus that allow loading from door 1L and 2L at the same time.
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: B767-300 Door Configurations

Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
the United 767-300'svall still use L2 door lading and unloadimg where they don't have dual jetwaus that allow loading from door 1L and 2L at the same time.

So when you say they use door L2 for boarding, you mean they board through the tail?

Captain Kevin
 
Kno
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: B767-300 Door Configurations

Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:28 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
wn676 wrote:
While there have been many discussions on the topic of the multiple door configurations of the B767-300, I have a couple of questions that so far I’ve not been able to dig up answers to:

1) Is there a complete list available of all of the frames still active that have an L2 door forward of the wing?

2) Which operators with that door configuration actually standardize or prefer the use of L2 over L1 when enplaning/deplaning passengers?

For a little bit of background, I’m looking at this from the perspective of gate/stand parking design where a boarding bridge may need to support L2 docking for this type.

the United 767-300'svall still use L2 door lading and unloadimg where they don't have dual jetwaus that allow loading from door 1L and 2L at the same time.


United’s 767-300s don’t have an L2 before the wing so I’m going to assume you either completely made this up or don’t know what a 767-300 is.
 
LH707330
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: B767-300 Door Configurations

Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:20 pm

Kno wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
wn676 wrote:
While there have been many discussions on the topic of the multiple door configurations of the B767-300, I have a couple of questions that so far I’ve not been able to dig up answers to:

1) Is there a complete list available of all of the frames still active that have an L2 door forward of the wing?

2) Which operators with that door configuration actually standardize or prefer the use of L2 over L1 when enplaning/deplaning passengers?

For a little bit of background, I’m looking at this from the perspective of gate/stand parking design where a boarding bridge may need to support L2 docking for this type.

the United 767-300'svall still use L2 door lading and unloadimg where they don't have dual jetwaus that allow loading from door 1L and 2L at the same time.


United’s 767-300s don’t have an L2 before the wing so I’m going to assume you either completely made this up or don’t know what a 767-300 is.

Or it was a typo and the poster meant 764.... Several possibilities, no need to be harsh.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 817Dreamliiner, Alias1024, kurtverbose and 39 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos