Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

satma7
Topic Author

Weird planes

Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Dear Airliners forum community,

I have questions. Some years ago I observed some planes that were... weird, to say the least. I haven't seen anything like those planes before or after that day of observation. I'm sure that some will immediately think I'm one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. I understand that, because there are indeed many frivolous conspiracy theorists out there. I can only reassure that I saw what I saw, and I'm not here to troll or nurture crazy fantasies. This has irritated me for years, and now I want to investigate further.

Around 2013 in southern Denmark I noticed a range of airplanes coming in, with a few minutes of time in between them. Observant as I am, I saw that when they reached a bit distance from the coast, they suddenly emitted these long white trails. It's a sudden onset, and don't fade like a gradient. Two of these planes I got a good look at, because they flew low and slow, so it was easy to observe them with an ordinary binocular.

The first looked like a common passenger airplane, except for some missing and added characteristics. First, it was completely unmarked. It was all white with windows, no markings, labels, brands, not even numbers, letters or other symbols. Second, it had eight nozzles, four on each wing - beside the engines. These were all metal grey, and looked very "mechanical" and very not aerodynamic. I could see that all these eight nozzles emitted said long white trail. It was very clear to see that the trail did not originate from the engines, those had quite short contrails.

The second also looked like a common passenger airplane, but didn't have the above-mentioned nozzles. Instead it had two orange cylinders, one on each side, right before the horizontal and vertical stabilizers. These cylinders also emitted a long white trail.

It still irritates me greatly that I didn't have a camera to document my observations. If anyone can give just the slightest reasonable explanation to what these planes were and what it would be about, then I'm all ears!

unimproved

Re: Weird planes

Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:31 am

Likely you saw the Air Force 757s, they visit Europe often.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/486th_F ... t_Squadron

satma7
Topic Author

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Thanks for sharing that, and sorry for my late reply.

Although I'm still wondering about the planes I saw with orange cylinders on them, and the one with the nozzles. What on earth could they be?

Starlionblue

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:06 pm

satma7 wrote:

I have questions. Some years ago I observed some planes that were... weird, to say the least. I haven't seen anything like those planes before or after that day of observation. I'm sure that some will immediately think I'm one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. I understand that, because there are indeed many frivolous conspiracy theorists out there. I can only reassure that I saw what I saw, and I'm not here to troll or nurture crazy fantasies. This has irritated me for years, and now I want to investigate further.

Around 2013 in southern Denmark I noticed a range of airplanes coming in, with a few minutes of time in between them. Observant as I am, I saw that when they reached a bit distance from the coast, they suddenly emitted these long white trails. It's a sudden onset, and don't fade like a gradient. Two of these planes I got a good look at, because they flew low and slow, so it was easy to observe them with an ordinary binocular.

The first looked like a common passenger airplane, except for some missing and added characteristics. First, it was completely unmarked. It was all white with windows, no markings, labels, brands, not even numbers, letters or other symbols. Second, it had eight nozzles, four on each wing - beside the engines. These were all metal grey, and looked very "mechanical" and very not aerodynamic. I could see that all these eight nozzles emitted said long white trail. It was very clear to see that the trail did not originate from the engines, those had quite short contrails.

The second also looked like a common passenger airplane, but didn't have the above-mentioned nozzles. Instead it had two orange cylinders, one on each side, right before the horizontal and vertical stabilizers. These cylinders also emitted a long white trail.

It still irritates me greatly that I didn't have a camera to document my observations. If anyone can give just the slightest reasonable explanation to what these planes were and what it would be about, then I'm all ears!

No numbers or letters? That seems implausible.

Eight non-aerodynamic nozzles on each wing? That seems implausible.

Orange cylinders above and below the stabilisers? That seems implausible.

Unfortunately, non-expert reports of what has been "seen" are notoriously unreliable. In other words, your eyes may have deceived you.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

petertenthije

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:16 pm

Instead of nozzles, might they have been flap track fairings?
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

petertenthije

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:23 pm

Or something like this? This atmospheric research plane also has some contraption on the wing with several nozzles.

BAe-146-300 G-LUXE
https://rmets.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/c ... 0006-m.jpg
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

IFlyVeryLittle

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:27 pm

And Satma7 mysteriously vanishes.

flipdewaf

Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:40 pm

IFlyVeryLittle wrote:

He knew too much. RIP :tombstone:

Starlionblue

Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:20 am

flipdewaf wrote:
IFlyVeryLittle wrote:

He knew too much. RIP :tombstone:

The truth is out there. http://thevane.gawker.com/heres-a-list- ... 1618590928

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

greg85

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am

satma7 wrote:

It sounds like it could have been an oil spill response aircraft. Used to spray oil dispersant. A variety of different aircraft have been used for this over the years. Look up oil spill response aircraft. It doesn't sound implausible.