Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

questions about the boeing 747 tiger lounge

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:29 pm

Hello, in wich cargo hold was the launch going to be instaled? The foward or rear one? And I know about the viewing port installed on theunderside of the 747, what did it looked like and where was it in the lounge? Was it also propsed on the 200? https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ge-concept

Thanks for your answer!

johns624

Re: questions about the boeing 747 tiger lounge

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:37 pm

The article says the viewing port was under the glass top bar.

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:42 pm

I know but would it be visible from the outisde? If yes then I'll have to add it on my model

787SIN

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:48 pm

Hazard a guess, forward freight bay and the view port was to be built into the mid equipment hatch.

That way no significant structural mods would be needed to introduce a view port. Just a different hatch with a window.

For info the mid equipment hatch is located just forward of where the wing to body fairing start if viewed from outside, allows access to some radio equipment and was eventually where the fuel quantity computer went, both on classics that were retrofitted and the -400.

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:11 am

ok thanks! I'll try to get it right on my TWA 747 100 I'll get (with the first livery).

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:38 pm

there's this link showing that the windows is suppose to be the dark circle on this design https://old.reddit.com/r/WeirdWings/com ... roposed_a/ (with my fear of hight, I wouldn't be good in that lounge lol)

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:23 pm

there's a 6 minute film on the boeing image secure website showing the tiger lounge and after looking at it, it seem the viewing port is the rectangle in leopard/guepard color
from https://www.airlineratings.com/news/jum ... interiors/
Won't be that hard to reproduce

787SIN

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:36 am

Would concur that the viewing port is likely to be through the glass topped table. The dark ring/circle is the lowest part and may have been to enable those using the spiral stair case to be able to stand straight around that area. As for many, me included (height 5'10") standing in the freight bay on a 747 is a hunched affair. I doubt Boeing would have altered too much principle structure to install the lounge, especially in regard to the the cargo bay floor and cabin floor beams except around the proposed staircase area where it goes up into the main cabin, so the height in the lounge wouldn't be expected to be much different from a normal freight bay.

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am

so it wouldn't be something for big guy (would sam chui fit in there?). I watched a boeing movie from the boeing media secure website wich showed "passengers" watching through the table wich is another indication it's the viewing port