Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aviatrix1296
Topic Author

Which is the best private jet charter broker to use for an international flight?

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:49 pm

Hi all,
I know a guy looking to fly from Brasilia (the capital city of Brazil) to Berlin for a business trip and is looking to fly commercially (my guess would be business/first class). I was just wondering what this kind of flight would cost if he chose to fly using a private jet instead and which are the best companies to do this with?
PS: I'm just asking out of morbid curiosity. Maybe someone here has experience with this and could help me out with this query.

GalaxyFlyer

Re: Which is the best private jet charter broker to use for an international flight?

Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:29 pm

Oh, for a non-stop , one-way, Global or G650, about USD 180,000-210,000 say Vista Jet. Not sure how they’d handle the positioning leg into SBBR. Plus crew T&L, any out of the ordinary costs. I’ve seen lots of international charter quotes over 800,000 USD.

As an aside, the rule of thumb on operating costs of a private jet (other things, too) is 10% of purchase price. A Global will be about $6 million per year over 400-500 hours.

B777LRF

Re: Which is the best private jet charter broker to use for an international flight?

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:02 am

Roughly 15K USD per hour for something able to go direct (Falcon 7X, Global XRS, G-550). If you’re willing to have a stop en-route, perhaps as low as 10K (Challenger 605, G-450, Falcon 2000). If you’re feeling fancy (G-650, Falcon 8X, Global 7000), probably closer to 20K an hour. And if you’re going all in (BBJ, ACJ), around 25K.

If it’s a one-way, you’ll also have to pay positioning costs.

I was once quoted USD 75K for a one-way, 6-hour, flight on a Challenger 605 carrying 1 passenger. Catering was included, so almost a bargain.

In other words, the price of a First Class ticket will be lower than the cost of 1 hour in a charter.

G200Pilot123

Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:02 pm

Personally, I would recommend UrbinoJet for this sort of thing. I've flown a few times through them (they are a broker not an operator), the staff over there are really friendly and best of all, they claim that they'll never be beaten on price, so that's always good in today's business climate.
In regards to price, I would say GalaxyFlyer is spot on with a Global Express variant/G650 family jet. Probably around $175,000 - $200,000 at present rates.

Raptor123

Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:28 pm

G200Pilot123 wrote:
Personally, I would recommend UrbinoJet for this sort of thing. I've flown a few times through them (they are a broker not an operator), the staff over there are really friendly and best of all, they claim that they'll never be beaten on price, so that's always good in today's business climate.

I was going to say UrbinoJet too. When I flew with them to Denver to Frankfurt to attend a trade convention I think we ended up paying like $15k less than the next best quote. Very impressed with their level of professionalism and customer service.

Other big players not yet mentioned would be:
- PrivateFly
- LunaJets
- ACS

Unfortunately, I've never booked a flight through any of them, only ever requested quotes from them, so I can't really "recommend" them or not based on my own personal lack of experience with them.