Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

USAFHummer
Topic Author

Chopper Training In PHL

Sun Oct 14, 2001 5:14 am

Anybody know of chopper training schools in the PHL area??? Also, like ERAU has a summer program for older teens to get there PPL and IFR if applicable, is there a similar program for chopper training???

Thanks,
Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

RE: Chopper Training In PHL

Sun Oct 14, 2001 8:06 am

Helicopters do not fly; they are just so ugly they get repealled from the earth.
Iain

Monocleman

Sun Oct 14, 2001 9:13 am

Hey, watch it Iainhol! Not only are they some of the most elegant things around, they can do stuff that those bulky fixed wings can only dream of! I'd take a chopper over a fixed wing any day... By the way, does anyone know of anything similar in the New York area?

-Will

Sun Oct 14, 2001 4:15 pm

>>Not only are they some of the most elegant things around<<

Wlegant? I think not! They are also far more dangerous then fixed wing, heck even the FAA is scared of them (EAD)!
IAin

USAFHummer
Topic Author

Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:19 am

This is not a war topic Iain...

Greg

Mon Oct 15, 2001 7:16 pm

I was not at war, just stating most fixed wing pilots view on those funny things!
Iain

USAFHummer
Topic Author

Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:02 am

Well I happen to like them hehe...

Greg

UALPHLCS

Sat Oct 20, 2001 4:25 am

I heard a chopper was just a loose collection of nuts and bolts flying in close formation. I'm not sure but if you went to the Heliport on Penns Landing they might have more info on learning to fly one.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

Notar520AC

Sat Oct 20, 2001 10:17 am

Watch it bud! I just so happen to fly them! Tell me this, could a jet or prop land on a specific place without overrunning it? Could it land on top of a mountain without no runway? Well, choppers can do almost anything, and take you anywhere. You can hover-can you do that in a fixed wing? You had better watch that big hole in your face and the words that come out of it dripping with insults. You obviously are so low you must start a flaimbait post just to get attention. Now shut up and leave!
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

Illini_152

Re: Notar520AC

Sun Oct 21, 2001 11:51 am

So they let 13 year olds fly choppers now? For the record, most of the the jabs fixed wing pilots make at rotorcraft jockey's are made with tounge firmly planted in cheek. Most of us realize that choppers are much more difficult to handle than fixed wing aircraft, what with the throttle, stick, rudders and collective all having to be cooridinated at once. Not that you'd ever find me anywhere near where one was flying; they just vibrate against the ground, and the earth rejects them (please note the:  Wink/being sarcastic at the end of the sentence)  Wink/being sarcastic.

BTW, Ever see a Helio Couirror? Lift 6 people off the ground in 50' and stalls at around 35 mph. Light wind and she can hover, its just a matter of perspective.

Happy contrails - I support B747Skipper and Jetguy

Notar520AC

Sun Oct 21, 2001 1:08 pm

FYI- Yes, they let 13 year olds fly choppers now, with a certified pilot or CFI in there with them. I am no ordinary 13 year old. I have no problems opperating the collective, pedals, and everything else at once. I have been going for over a year now, and have had a lot of practice in the N520. It's pretty simple once you get the touch.
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine