Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KAUST
Topic Author

What Is A Chemtrail?

Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:42 am

Ok the topic speaks for itself  Smile/happy/getting dizzy what exactly is a chemtrail? I see a lot of the trails left behind a/c in the sky all the time, not supposed to be there? Are we all going to get poison from it and keel over?  Wow!
"Houston, this is Apollo 8. We are now in Lunar orbit."

OPNLguy

RE: What Is A Chemtrail?

Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:57 am

Imagine a really cold morning, one cold enough to see your own exhaled breath, or a car exhaust... A "contrail" (short for CONdensation TRAIL) from a jet aircraft is nothing different. You'll see them in the summer time as well, as while it's warm here on the surface, it's still cold way up there where the engines are operating...

That said, there is a certain percentage of the general population that is convinced that these contrails are actually chemtrails, and that some ee-vil substances are being intentionally "sprayed" on us for some supposedly nefarious purpose(s) by the government. As should be evident by the use of low-flying cropdusters spraying crops, if you want to spray something -on- the ground, you have to be -close- to the ground, and -not- up above 30,000 feet.

Anyone who works in airline aviation -knows- that they're really contrails, but of course, the chemtrail crowd spins that around as "proof" that we airline employees are thus all in on the "cover-up". Yeah, right...  Insane

[Edited 2004-08-22 22:58:41]
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

flymia

Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:59 am

Not this again. There is no such thing of Chemtrail. It is called Contrail! It is a normal reaction with somthing about humity or the temparture difference and it creates water vapor or something. I am not really sure. All I know is that these Contrails not Chemtrails are not killing us. Even though these clouds that aircraft at high altitudes make does make the temp on the ground higher.

[Edited 2004-08-22 23:01:11]
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

KAUST
Topic Author

Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:02 am

Sheesh, the paranoia of the general public absolutely astounds me.
So what got this entire idealization started? There is a radio station here in Austin (90.1FM), that plays almost entirely all conspiracy theories and the like. Most of them are just laughable, I imagine this "Chemtrail theory" must have also been started by some hectic DJ looking for filler material.

KAUST
"Houston, this is Apollo 8. We are now in Lunar orbit."

OPNLguy

Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:12 am

I don't know who started it, but I think alot of this kind of stuff became generally more "believeable" in starting in the 1970s. Generally speaking, the American public had been lied to about a number of things (Viet Nam, Watergate, the delayed action effects of Cold War-era nuclear testing out west, etc.), and that just sort of carried over into other areas....

Today, 30+ years later, we now also have the internet, which permits virtually instantaneous trasmissions of thoughts/ideas around the world.

That, along with a general lack of "trust" in any kind of entity (government or private), permit these kinds of beliefs to stay out there...

I have to go now... "They" are tapping my phone...."  Nuts
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

wing

Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:30 am

...proof" that we airline employees are thus all in on the "cover-up". Yeah, right..

OPNL GUY;

You very well know we(all the airline employees) are indeed part on the cover up.Look what you did, revealed a very important secret and for the sake of our "chemtrail operation" we now have to kill you.  Nuts

follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

OPNLguy

Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:28 am

>>>we now have to kill you.  Nuts

My God, someone from Turkey is going to cook my goose?

Oh, the horror...  Wow!

I'd better fly the coop....  Big grin

lowrider

Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:41 am

A chemtrail is a myth, a legend, a hoax, and something for people who believe that Elvis and JFK are still alive and hanging out together. It starts with people who have too much spare time, so much in fact, that not even internet forums can fill it. They watched X-files and thought it was a documentary. They watched Apocalypse Now and didn't understand what was so bad about Col. Kurtz. They believe that subliminal messages are inserted in the elevator music in malls to get you to buy crap. They believe that Eisenhower met with aliens and that they headlines you see in the supermarket checkout are true. Then they hear a 14th hand story about how someone else heard that a friend's, sister's, cousins, aunt's, mother's, neighbor's, cat died on the same day that these chemtrails where over her trailer park. The person thinks, "yup, that sounds about right", and a new chemtrail believe has been born.
Proud OOTSK member

videns

Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:17 pm

Well.... What can I say... contrails are beautiful, but water is not the only thing that comes out of those engines. There's fuel burning there, and, even though we only see the condensation trail, there is a whole bunch of stuff going on as well, and it ain't pretty... I don't know the specific facts, but fuel burning is fuel burning...

I love airplanes though...
Travel? Why would i travel if I can watch it on TV?

L-188

Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:11 pm

I don't know who started it, but I think alot of this kind of stuff became generally more "believeable" in starting in the 1970s

Well that was about when the acid everybody dropped in the 1970's started to wear off.

My theory is that they are part of the great communist plot to zap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids through floridation.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

OPNLguy

Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:51 pm

>>>My theory is that they are part of the great communist plot to zap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids through floridation.

Could be... I'll have to have the code for my CRM-114 Discriminator handy--I'd -hate- to have to answer to the Coca Cola Company....  Big grin

Yikes!

Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:24 am

LOL. In an attempt to answer the original question sans ridicule, chemtrails are an invention of people highlighted and as described in previous replies.

Believe it or not, some believe that jet engine exhaust contrails are "sprayed" on the population by George W. and his daddy.

Yikes!