Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

klm672
Topic Author

Jumping From Airline To Airline (work)

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:14 am

Hey. I am a f/a for almost three months now. I am with a connection carrier flying the Dash-8. The company's aircraft have been having little problems (none of the flights I have been on), which tend to worry me.I am looking to go to mainline and on bigger aircraft and have thought about applying but I don't want to feel like I am leaving this company too fast. During the interview I made it clear I wanted to move up into mainline and/or another company with bigger aircraft. Any suggestions?

phxpilot

RE: Jumping From Airline To Airline (work)

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:39 am

Not to get too off topic, but why do you think the bigger the airplane is, the safer it is?

Having spent 7 years flying the Dash I can assure you it is built like a tank and is just as safe as anything else out there. It is certified to the same Transport Category standards and the crews are trained the same as at mainline airlines. The Dash may be getting a little older, depending on the model, and as such little maintenance problems will pop up. This is no worse than if you drive an older car. I can assure you that problems will crop up from time to time with all airplanes; big/small, new/old. If I had to put my family on any particular type of airplane, the Dash 8 would be one of my top choices.

klm672
Topic Author

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:46 am

Hey,
Well, it seems that problems crop up two, three times a week on the 4 aircraft we have. I know the planes are new to us and everyone is learning about the planes. I talked to a few other Fa's from other companies who haven't had any incidents. Maybe they're were (like me) in the right place at the right time. Its nothing against the Dash-8, I am very proud of my airline and the aircraft, I have a picture of the Dash-8 on my wallpaper on this computer and on my cell. I would just like to move into a bigger aircraft with more passengers, farther destnations etc.

amtrosie

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:32 am

Bigger is not always better....at least that is what I kept telling my ex-wife (maybe that is why she left).......seriously. This sounds like growing pains for your company. If the aircraft are, as you say, new to the company, then the problems will dissipate with time and experience. If your intention is to move to a larger carrier for career purposes. Wait a year. Show some stability in a work enviroment. Then apply to another airline, stating a desire for more and varied challenges that come from a wider variety of aircraft and people.