Yes folks, it's the next round of "Identify This"!
For those of you who don't remember, "Identify This" is an aircraft identification game, based on technical, aerodynamic, and mechanical details of aircraft.
In 2006, an the first competition took place. It was so popular, it had to be extended into part two.
After the smoke had cleared, seven weeks had passed. There were 14,000 views, 578 posts, and 82 individual aircraft shots. To this day, the number of discarded relationships, neglected marriages, and divorce hearings remains unknown. The winners were:
Lowrider - First place winner
3DPlanes - Second place winner
Scooter01 - Third place winner
In August of 2007, Part Three took place. It was a cutthroat competition that went into a Sudden Death round. In the end, the winners were:
AeroWeanie – First place winner
Starglider – Second place winner
Francoflier – Third place winner
1) Guesses will be submitted to me directly, via the contact link in my profile.
2) When submitting a guess, please include "Identify This" in the subject line of the email to help me organize the emails.
3) Contestants will receive one point for each correct guess. A correct guess must include the manufacturer, model number (if applicable), and model name (if applicable).
- Example “Cessna Skyhawk” or “172” are not complete guesses, and will be marked incorrect. “Cessna 172 Skyhawk” is a complete guess.
4) I will attempt to post a new aircraft every other day. Due to my travel schedule, I won't always be able to adhere to this, but I'll do my best. I'll post results and the next shot as soon after the deadline as possible.
5) There will be a TON of prizes to choose from this time....36, to be exact! Prizes can be viewed here.
Some photos picture multiple items, but each sticker/patch/etc is counted as a single prize. They will be awarded in the following manner:
- The first-place winner will have his/her choice of FOUR prizes.
- The second-place finisher will have his/her choice of THREE of the remaining prizes.
- The third-place finisher will have his/her choice of TWO of the remaining prizes (after the winner and runner-up choose their prizes).
- The fourth-place finisher will receive the remaining prize.
6) The contest will conclude on October 31, 2008. If there is a tie, we will go into a "sudden death" round to determine the winner.
7) Prizes have been provided by myself, 474218, Tdscanuck, and Starglider. If the prize needs to be shipped thousands of miles away, you may be asked to chip in a bit for shipping, but only in extreme cases.
Here's the first shot:
The deadline for guesses for this shot will be Thursday, September 11th at 8pm. Good luck!