Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Lufthansa411
Topic Author

New Approach Path Into SWF?

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:36 pm

I recently returned home from NYC for an extended visit with my family and to my joy and my parents dismay, the approach path to SWF seems to have moved over our house on the west side of the Hudson River. I now have a view of the jetBlue A320's, CRJ's and very large, low flying, and loud military jets.

Does anyone know when they shifted the approach path? Is this part of the wider restructuring of the NY Metro-area airspace, or just a change in SWF procedure? Or, am I just going crazy. In the 18 years I lived with my parents, I never remember SWF bound planes flying over our house on a regular basis, but I could be wrong.

btw the views are amazing. Most of them bank around. When it gets clearer I will try and get some pictures. Unfortunately, all there has been for the last few weeks in southern NY is rain.

Thanks for all of your help!!

Lufthansa411
Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.

DescendVia

RE: New Approach Path Into SWF?

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:12 am

Quoting Lufthansa411 (Thread starter):
Does anyone know when they shifted the approach path? Is this part of the wider restructuring of the NY Metro-area airspace, or just a change in SWF procedure? Or, am I just going crazy. In the 18 years I lived with my parents, I never remember SWF bound planes flying over our house on a regular basis, but I could be wrong.

No changes (per Jeppesen and NACO) or FDC NOTAMs

My guess is that they are either trying a new way to vector or close in visual approaches are being conducted.