Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlySail2015
Topic Author

MSFS2004 Project Opensky 757 Question

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:01 am

Hello all,

I've got a question regarding the flight dynamics of the POSKY 757-200 for FS2004. I've searched the big FS addon sites for downloads and forum topics and just got more and more confused, because of how many different updated versions have been released over the years.

My question is: which (if any) of the numerous updated versions and updated FDE/CFG releases corrects the issues listed below the best?
I attacked this once on my own in the past, but with all the copying/pasting of files that I did I cannot with certainty say which version I am currently operating... or rather, trying to operate.

The issues are mainly regarding the aircraft's handling during the descent profile:

1) When clean and level at 250KIAS at an altitude that would be seen on an approach (say 10,000 or so), and the throttles at idle, the airplane barely bleeds off any airspeed.
2) When clean and descending at any rate, the airspeed increases rapidly, requiring spoilers to be extended for just about the entire descent, even at low rates of descent
3) Extending the slats and flaps at normal speeds (in other words, below Boeing's posted max speeds for each setting) creates an unrealistically nose-down attitude and a heck of a lot of lift, making following a glideslope impossible without like 5-10* nose-down pitch
4) Flaps 30 produces such a low final approach airspeed that the rest of the controls are too sluggish

The 757 is my favorite passenger jet in real life, and I really really want to fly it on FS, but all this is just making it undoable.

Thanks in advance!

SocalApproach

Re: MSFS2004 Project Opensky 757 Question

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:13 pm

there is only a handful of freeware aircraft that are worth taking up space on your hard drive. The Project Open Sky 757 is not one of them. I recommend you invest in the Quality Wings 757. It should be worth your while if the 757 is your favorite aircraft.

http://www.qualitywingssim.com/757.html

Thunderboltdrgn

Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:00 pm

I agree about the QW 757. It has it's limitations (don't expect PMDG system depth) but is overall a nice product.
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Byron1976

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Hi, does somebody got the POSKY Paint kits? I'm looking especially to the 742 and 744 pax versions. I was looking for them, and nothing but unofficial Paint kits at Flight Sim