Safetycardsophi
Topic Author

Famous Safety Card Collectors

Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Hey...

Just wanted for people to let me know and comment on who they think are the famous collectors... I have done some digging and found a few..would love to know your thoughts.

Carl Reese - Owns a safety card company in the states and published a book and has a extensive collection of 1000's of cards. A true Veteran of collecting

Kevin Cleynhens - Has a very big collection and runs an online database safetycards.be

Carlos Pessini - Again owns a website has a lot of Latin cards and expensive Latin and US cards

Chris Brady- Largest collection of UK cards also published a book on UK cards. Very cleaver on the topic

Troy Dixon - Large collector over 10,000, a large collection of rare cards, contains high value items, extensive knowledge in area.

Constantin Klezl - Operates a safety card website very large collection of safety cards . Lots of European cards

I also have these names

Mario Carlos Chile
Jan-Alexander Lück Germany
Nils Bertil Bakken Norway
Patrick Hofmann Switzerland
Kevin Cleynhens Belgium

Any Intel I would appreciate.

Thanks

opticalilyushin

Re: Famous Safety Card Collectors

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:22 pm

I've met a couple of these guys, and made a few deals with others. I'm always in awe at those who have collections in the 10s of thousands.

Carl Reese has a truelly amazing collection, but his attitude has p****d off many other collectors over the years.

Super80Fan

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:32 pm

opticalilyushin wrote:
Carl Reese has a truelly amazing collection, but his attitude has p****d off many other collectors over the years.

This.

I understand this hobby has some greedy people who want free stuff with nothing in return, not even a thank you, but he has a "me vs everyone else" attitude that shakes me the wrong way.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

Safetycardsophi
Topic Author

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:46 am

Thanks for the input!!!

I looked into Carl Reese and bought his book..sadly it was quite light on content...

Found the websites of Carlos Pessini, Constantin Klezl, Kevin Cleynhens, and Chris Brady, the safety card database and social media of Troy Dixon and Pessini to be more useful seems these have a more open approach of sharing there collection.. So will make contact with these guys who have a good reputation..

There isn't much coverage of the hobby found an article on Troy Dixon and another person but not much else...

Thanks

dara88

Wed May 29, 2019 11:55 am

Carlos is a great guy. Don't hesitate trading with him. He has a great collection too.
I'm looking for old Iranian cards. If you have any contact me please.

Also, this is my updated trade list if anyone is interested:
http://safetycards.xyz/index.php/trade-list-lv/

I should mention that Mehrad Watson who is an Iranian collector has a great collection too.

Dara