AlnessW
Topic Author
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Where to buy PM-UA Scale Models

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Currently I am searching for some airline models of UA aircraft, branded pre-merger. These are simply to sit on my desk/bookshelf in my home office - slightly prefer Battleship Gray, but the newer blue is nice as well. I am looking for a 747-400 and perhaps a 777-200 as well - does such a thing exist, or are these merely collector's items sourced off auction sites these days? Any help would be appreciated - happy to pay well for the right product.

Any further assistance on pre-merger nostalgia (hats, signs, logos, etc.?) is greatly appreciated. It's all about the Tulip! :)
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Where to buy PM-UA Scale Models

Sat May 04, 2019 12:29 am

They're there. I have a few. The ones I have are Gemini Jets scale 1:400. Unfortunately, Gemini Jets makes only 2500 of each aircraft, and looking at their website, the ones you're looking for are out of production, so you may have to search around online to see if you can find them.
Captain Kevin
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 6647
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Where to buy PM-UA Scale Models

Sat May 04, 2019 2:11 pm

Eztoys.com is where I get my fix.

Ebay is great too.
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
atomicstar
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Re: Where to buy PM-UA Scale Models

Tue May 07, 2019 2:35 am

Most are out of production by most die cast model manufacturers, therefore you may have to look on eBay (or similar website).

Gemini does currently sell a 1:400 L1011 TriStar https://geminijets.shptron.com/p/gemini ... istar?pp=8
 
AlnessW
Topic Author
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Where to buy PM-UA Scale Models

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Sorry lads, I let this thread drop off my radar...still interested, though!

Thanks for the lead on EZToys - looks like some good options there, but I'm now a little confused about scaling... It seems like these 1:200 models of big widebodies are only about 12" in length. 24" or 26" (roughly) is more the size I'm after, as I want it to be a centerpiece and not a little paperweight to sit in the corner. Hence...1:100? Display stand ideal, but I could probably build my own pretty easily if need be.

This is the kind of thing I'm picturing - WRONG livery of course - but the size seems about right and not TOO rich for my blood:
https://www.eztoys.com/united-boeing-77 ... 1-100.html


atomicstar wrote:
Gemini does currently sell a 1:400 L1011 TriStar https://geminijets.shptron.com/p/gemini ... istar?pp=8

Appreciate the tip, but that's the wrong aircraft and livery.

Also, what is "die-cast" material? Fiberglass? Resin of some sort? Again, just want to make sure I'm buying a quality model and not some cheap kid's toy.
 
atomicstar
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Re: Where to buy PM-UA Scale Models

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:35 am

AlnessW wrote:
Also, what is "die-cast" material? Fiberglass? Resin of some sort? Again, just want to make sure I'm buying a quality model and not some cheap kid's toy.


It essentially means metal objects manufactured by pouring molten metal into a shaped mold instead of milling a metal block with a CNC or anything. No, it’s not fiberglass or chinesium or anything cheaply made.
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Where to buy PM-UA Scale Models

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:39 pm

AlnessW wrote:
Thanks for the lead on EZToys - looks like some good options there, but I'm now a little confused about scaling... It seems like these 1:200 models of big widebodies are only about 12" in length. 24" or 26" (roughly) is more the size I'm after, as I want it to be a centerpiece and not a little paperweight to sit in the corner. Hence...1:100? Display stand ideal, but I could probably build my own pretty easily if need be.

This is the kind of thing I'm picturing - WRONG livery of course - but the size seems about right and not TOO rich for my blood:
https://www.eztoys.com/united-boeing-77 ... 1-100.html

Yeah, scale 1:200 is half the size of scale 1:100, so that sounds about right. It wasn't clear in your initial post what size you were looking for.
Captain Kevin
 
AlnessW
Topic Author
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Where to buy PM-UA Scale Models

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 pm

atomicstar wrote:
It essentially means metal objects manufactured by pouring molten metal into a shaped mold instead of milling a metal block with a CNC or anything. No, it’s not fiberglass or chinesium or anything cheaply made.

That makes much more sense now - thank you!

AirKevin wrote:
Yeah, scale 1:200 is half the size of scale 1:100, so that sounds about right. It wasn't clear in your initial post what size you were looking for.

Actually, no - I didn't specify at all on my OP what size I was after! Good catch... :lol:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos