Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm

Things that fly, Girls and Planes...

TheFlyingDisk

Re: New Flight Sim 2020

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:26 pm

packcheer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDDgFfWlS4

those graphics....

While I'm super stoked to see Microsoft returning to the Flight Sim community, I need to temper my excitement until the real deal is out. Too many times the trailer of a game flattered to deceive, so...

But if the graphics truly are that beautiful, I'm just gobsmacked!
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

426Shadow

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:10 am

I'm going to hold any optimism due to the fact that I have a feeling they may go for the PAY to PLAY dlc money grab method. They tried it with MS Flight and failed. I hope they learned their lesson.
Do it on three, One.....THREEEEEEE! Just got the nuts hangin out.

1g

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 am

426Shadow wrote:
I'm going to hold any optimism due to the fact that I have a feeling they may go for the PAY to PLAY dlc money grab method. They tried it with MS Flight and failed. I hope they learned their lesson.

Microsoft has really turned around the past few years. Microsoft today is very different from the Microsoft in 2011-2012. Today they're an extremely innovative company and not everything revolves around their Windows OS. They're almost becoming the 'cool' company among the tech giants such as Google and Apple.

I'm pretty optimistic about Flight Simulator 2020. Although we don't know that much about the game (Other than it being very pretty), I think they're really trying to deliver what the flight sim community wants, it really looks like they're going back to their roots. Of course time will tell us what kind of simulator Flight Simulator 2020 turns out to be.

EA CO AS

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:10 am

If past performance is any indicator, there isn’t an off the shelf system in existence today that can run this new MSFS at max settings. Welcome to the world of single digit FPS.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

aviationaware

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 am

Looks absolutely spectacular, and with 3D satellite data and models like they are used in Google Maps (just higher resolution of course) this should be possible to achieve in the base game not just in select locales but worldwide.

The question will be:
1) What kind of hardware will this require? The fact that it's also for Xbox indicates that it won't be incredibly hardware hungry, but let's see what they do before getting excited.
2) What will be included in the base game and what will be paid DLCs? That could make or break the game.
3) Will the architecture be as open for third party software as FSX was?
4) Considering this is developed for Xbox and casual gamers, not people very interested in a high detail simulation, let's hope they did not put in some arcade physics, or if they did, only as an option.

That being said, anything they do is overdelivering on expectations at this point. I had thought that franchise dead, so hats off to Microsoft for surprising me here. Microsoft under Satya Nadella has really become a top notch company.

BirdBrain

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:38 pm

I am really excited. The reality hopefully is closer to the demo shown. I won't be holding my breath though. MS has a long history of falling short on released product features. MS, please prove me wrong. Should I apply for a mortgage for the hardware now? :fight:

akb88

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Looks like I'll be having an excuse to upgrade my 1080Ti graphics card to whatever will be the most beastly at the time of release :D

787Driver

Microsoft Flight Simulator coming to Xbox

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I´m speechless. Graphics are out of this world

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4

Will there be an official xbox joystick?

Aesma

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator coming to Xbox

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Nice SOCATA TBM
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Cadet985

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:27 pm

This might be the most surprising news in the simulation world...ever.

Time to start saving for a new computer lol.

Marc

cranberrysaus

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Really interested that it's coming to Xbox too. Wonder if it will be for the current generation or the next-gen scarlett hardware. With all the headaches in the past of flightsim performance tuning, it would be nice to be able to play it on a baseline piece of hardware that will run it consistently.

Tugger

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
This might be the most surprising news in the simulation world...ever.

Time to start saving for a new computer lol.

Marc

I posted in the other thread but MS has also updated Win10 to allow for XBox game play via Game Pass. They have integrated Win32 so these games can work.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

zakuivcustom

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:29 pm

That's all I'll say.

Hopefully they don't canned it halfway through the project like MS Flight.

casinterest

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Call me when Grand Theft Anet is released :)
Where ever you go, there you are.

BlueberryWheats

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:03 pm

This has totally burnt out my emotions chip. I'm speechless.

TWA772LR

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 am

Shut up and take my money!!!

As someone who grew up in Houston, I was really excited to see Minute Maid Park and GRB in the trailer!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

danj555

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:24 pm

I have hope that they won't do another MS Flight. My biggest annoyance as a Mac & PS4 user is that I'll never get it unless I drop some serious doe on a PC that I would use only for this game. (Would never play this on xbox unless I could plug in a true joystick.)

VSMUT

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:48 pm

aviationaware wrote:
1) What kind of hardware will this require? The fact that it's also for Xbox indicates that it won't be incredibly hardware hungry, but let's see what they do before getting excited.
4) Considering this is developed for Xbox and casual gamers, not people very interested in a high detail simulation, let's hope they did not put in some arcade physics, or if they did, only as an option.

cranberrysaus wrote:
Really interested that it's coming to Xbox too. Wonder if it will be for the current generation or the next-gen scarlett hardware. With all the headaches in the past of flightsim performance tuning, it would be nice to be able to play it on a baseline piece of hardware that will run it consistently.

Just to be clear, Xbox is Microsofts new branding for its game division. All games for both console and PC will gone under the "Xbox" brand. Xbox isn't any indication that it will be available for the console.
They are also releasing a whole new Xbox around 2020 which is rumoured to be pretty powerful.

aviationaware

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm

VSMUT wrote:
Xbox isn't any indication that it will be available for the console.

They explicitly said it would.

TheFlyingDisk

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:03 am

danj555 wrote:
I have hope that they won't do another MS Flight. My biggest annoyance as a Mac & PS4 user is that I'll never get it unless I drop some serious doe on a PC that I would use only for this game. (Would never play this on xbox unless I could plug in a true joystick.)

Why don't you just use Bootcamp? I did that when I was still in the Mac camp.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

VSMUT

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:56 am

aviationaware wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
Xbox isn't any indication that it will be available for the console.

They explicitly said it would.

Never said they wouldn't.

But they are also far more vague on the Xbox release, merely saying "at a later date".

phatfarmlines

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 pm

I'm now confused. Do I wait for P3Dv5 or this new MSFS? It must be on a new engine since MS sold their FS software to Lockheed.

jakubz

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:06 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
I'm now confused. Do I wait for P3Dv5 or this new MSFS? It must be on a new engine since MS sold their FS software to Lockheed.

Would it? I was under the impression that the sale to Lockheed only sold off the rights to the serious training/commercial/proffesional end-use of the code. Maybe MS included a clause in the sale that allowed them to us the old code either after some time (e.g. 10+ years) or only on the entertainment side of the market.

Just my speculation.
KORD>RJAA>KORD day trip? Why not! The beauty of non-reving.
Yes, I use ICAO codes
Flown: PA-28, PA-38
Passenger on: A319/A320 737, 747-400, 757, 767, 777, 787-8/9
Finally got on a 747!

I work for United Airlines, but I don't speak for the company.

cranberrysaus

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:39 am

VSMUT wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

cranberrysaus wrote:

Just to be clear, Xbox is Microsofts new branding for its game division. All games for both console and PC will gone under the "Xbox" brand. Xbox isn't any indication that it will be available for the console.
They are also releasing a whole new Xbox around 2020 which is rumoured to be pretty powerful.

The official web page explicitly lists both PC and Xbox One as platforms.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/micros ... -simulator

kevinkevin

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:46 pm

I am speechless. The youtube video has barely been up a week and is in the millions. Microsoft must be very happy right now. Genuinely speechless.