BreezyIAH
Topic Author

Hobbies around aviation

Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:07 am

Does anyone make up their own airlines with routes?
Like designating a fleet then doing like DFW-MCO and doing their own frequencies with the planes they want? Whether it be Airbus or Boeing? I have several I guess it’s a hobby
Last edited by SQ22 on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated

Ishrion

Re: Hobbies

Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:17 am

Yes AA 14x daily on an A370-900XLR on DFW-DTW.

KlimaBXsst

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:11 am

My hobbies on the plane are:

1) selfishly NOT fastening my seatbelt so I might injure or kill someone in turbulence or a rapid stop incident
2) drinking to excess, so I might have an epileptic seizure which I take medication for already, and stress out the crew
3) texting and ignoring crew instructions during taxi out to airplane mode my phone cause I am so darn important
4) ordering Diet Coke with a little regular coke and a twist of lime, and some water and then complain when I get a peeled lemon sliver instead of lime
5) scamming the middle seat by putting my coat and bag on it so it appears occupied and getting a seat and 1/2 to my self
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

Planes4you

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:22 am

As a DFW spotter I love to imagine DFW being diverse with international carriers that’s one of my hobbies

KlimaBXsst

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:44 am

Planes4you wrote:
As a DFW spotter I love to imagine DFW being diverse with international carriers that’s one of my hobbies

Ahh just quit imagining and head down to Houston IAH where there is a true variety of international carriers.

IAH paint is far superior to DFW paint, and in Houston,
you can get and have all the diversity, weird looks, and international aromas you can imagine along with great paint jobs. Heck it is the 21st century... even Cowboys carry tablets and use Uber now.

If Cowboys can assimilate into the 21st Century, so can others with their diverse “Airline Paint” Schemes do the same.
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

Flyingdevil737

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:20 am

Planes4you wrote:

I’m the same, with Hobart only having domestic services from 4 airlines only using 738, A320 and 717 equipment.....sigh.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the very first Fokker airplane built in the world. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker.