SBPFan
Topic Author

Lithuanian Team Working on Airport Building/Management Game

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:24 am

I've been watching a team in Lithuania develop an airport game called "Sky Haven" and I thought people here might be interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmyXFDp2DCk

The are having a bit of trouble getting the game to market, because they are a small, independent team, but slowly it appears this game will become a reality.

nighthawk

Re: Lithuanian Team Working on Airport Building/Management Game

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:26 am

There are two games out there already if you don't want to wait - Sim Airport andAirport CEO. Both are still works in progress, but fairly well advanced enough to be playable. I've only tried Sim Airport, and quite enjoy it for killing an hour or two.

SBPFan
Topic Author

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:26 pm

nighthawk wrote:
There are two games out there already if you don't want to wait - Sim Airport andAirport CEO. Both are still works in progress, but fairly well advanced enough to be playable. I've only tried Sim Airport, and quite enjoy it for killing an hour or two.

I have been checking it out other games. It looks like graphically Airport CEO is a bit more appealing. Sim Airport also looks interesting.

I am hoping that "Sky Haven" creates a truely 3d airport game though. Graphics do matter with airport games.

Also, "Sky Haven" is going to have a lot of support vehicles and other aspects such as upgradeable jetbridges and towers which might make the airport building genre a bit more interesting.

I might buy Airport CEO, but probably will just wait for Sky Haven, which has been delayed a lot, but appears like it will be coming out in Beta in the next few months.

Also, I like that you can customize the look of airlines in Sky Haven with your own custom skins.

The developers really seem to love aviation and have created a number of different aircraft models:

(although, the further along they have gotten they have realized they can't include real-life airlines for legal reasons).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_6bDPXUXI8
The above video is regarding the game's progress from a few months ago.

Game has been delayed a lot, so, not really expecting it this year personally. In the mean time, might check out Airport CEO.

trexel94

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:20 pm

The game is now live on Kickstarter. Goal is to raise $40,000. I’ve already pledged

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rwelders/sky-haven