evank516
Topic Author

X Plane 11 Freeware

Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:17 am

Hi All:
I made the switch to X Plane 11 from FS9 since I can't find my FSX game anymore. Problem is I can't find any sites for freeware aircraft downloads? Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go?

DALMD80

Re: X Plane 11 Freeware

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Flyawaysimulation.com. If you are ok with a 2d cockpit, the USMC Harrier (https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... i-usmc-10/) is great. I tweaked mine in Plane Maker to carry a cannon and 2 missiles/bombs.
2 wrongs don't make a right, but 2 Wrights made an airplane, and look at the miracles we have today!

DALMD80

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:19 pm

This link: https://developer.x-plane.com/manuals/p ... anaircraft
provides resources for adding features to aircraft in XP11, and I've used it to great effect to drop water and fire retardant from the MD-80, 747, and S76.
2 wrongs don't make a right, but 2 Wrights made an airplane, and look at the miracles we have today!

evank516
Topic Author

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:50 am

Wow are they really this scarce? There's so much more for FSX it's somewhat disappointing.

426Shadow

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 am

evank516 wrote:
Wow are they really this scarce? There's so much more for FSX it's somewhat disappointing.

You didn't even consider p3d v4? Btw join a Facebook x-plane group and you'll find all you need.
We are all just fanboys, our opinions don't make or break businesses.

evank516
Topic Author

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:20 am

426Shadow wrote:
evank516 wrote:

You didn't even consider p3d v4? Btw join a Facebook x-plane group and you'll find all you need.

What's p3d v4?

426Shadow

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm

evank516 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:
evank516 wrote:

What's p3d v4?

Basically a 64 bit fsx with updates. Google is your friend.

Crosswind787

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:01 am

X plane is a much better program than fsx or p3d. Ive used all of them. There just isnt a ton of high quality freeware. But there is some. The xplane flight dynamics, sloped runways, and default aircraft are the best on a simulator program ever. Hands down.
Zibo mod 737-800
Zibo/Ultimate 737-700/900
Aerobask robin

AND check here for a lot of other stuff. This is the main xplane download site much like avsim is for MFS/P3D
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/

For high quality payware jets i'd suggest
FlightFactor 757 extended
FlightFactor 767 extended
FlightFactor A320
Toliss A319
Dden Bombardier challenger 300

I use xplane 11 to run my home cockpit because the 3d cockpits are incredibly realistic and functional. With 1 high end graphics card I run xp11 on fairly high settings and get great FPS (20-50fps at all times) across 3 screens. P3d ran like crap on the same setup, and out of the box does not look as good as xp11.

426Shadow

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:51 am

Crosswind787 wrote:
X plane is a much better program than fsx or p3d. Ive used all of them. There just isnt a ton of high quality freeware. But there is some. The xplane flight dynamics, sloped runways, and default aircraft are the best on a simulator program ever. Hands down.
Zibo mod 737-800
Aerobask robin

AND check here for a lot of other stuff. This is the main xplane download site much like avsim is for MFS/P3D

FlightFactor A320
Toliss A319

I use xplane 11 to run my home cockpit because the 3d cockpits are incredibly realistic and functional. With 1 high end graphics card I run xp11 on fairly high settings and get great FPS (20-50fps at all times) across 3 screens. P3d ran like crap on the same setup, and out of the box does not look as good as xp11.

I use both X-plane and P3D v4.5 and there is no reason he can't do both. The difference between an X-plane fanboy and a P3D one is that P3D fans can see the good in both, whereas X-plane fanboys just shove it down your throat. But it wont matter next year anyway because both will get obliterated by the NEW Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Crosswind787

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:40 am

426Shadow wrote:
Crosswind787 wrote:
Zibo mod 737-800
Aerobask robin

FlightFactor A320
Toliss A319

I use both X-plane and P3D v4.5 and there is no reason he can't do both. The difference between an X-plane fanboy and a P3D one is that P3D fans can see the good in both, whereas X-plane fanboys just shove it down your throat. But it wont matter next year anyway because both will get obliterated by the NEW Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Not trying to offend anyone. Just stating the truth. He can use both if he wants. cant disregard reality though. Xplane is a newer program that offers features that p3d just doesn't. And a level of quality not seen in a sim before. Plus the OP asked specifically about xp11 and you brought up p3d (or tried jam your p3d fanboyism down his throat, to use your analogy). I do agree however that once mfs2020 comes out, xp11 and p3d become inadequate.

426Shadow

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Crosswind787 wrote:

Not trying to offend anyone. Just stating the truth. He can use both if he wants. cant disregard reality though. Xplane is a newer program that offers features that p3d just doesn't. And a level of quality not seen in a sim before. Plus the OP asked specifically about xp11 and you brought up p3d (or tried jam your p3d fanboyism down his throat, to use your analogy). I do agree however that once mfs2020 comes out, xp11 and p3d become inadequate.

Read his post again. First he said he couldn't find FSX anymore, which anyone with google could find FSX Steam. Second, in the research of FSX add-ons there is no way that P3D didn't come up so he wasn't just asking about X-plane, he was asking about more but didn't realize it.

Also READ MY first response to him where I POINTED HIM IN THE X-PLANE DIRECTION. Don't come at me with that BS trying to claim me and you were doing the same thing.

Bacon

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:42 am

The new MS SIM may well look pretty but Microsoft couldn't get the basics right the last time around and they sure had enough time (years) to sort it out.

Given its history of inaccuracies, I'm not holding my breath for the new one.

As for FSX, that has had its day. P3D resolves some issues but essentially looks the same, ie dated.

I used the X-Plane 15 minute demo again and again before deciding to drop everything I'd ever purchased for FSX, but in the end I wanted something that resembled a modern product.

For now, that's X-Plane.

Crosswind787

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:56 am

426Shadow wrote:
Crosswind787 wrote:

Read his post again. First he said he couldn't find FSX anymore, which anyone with google could find FSX Steam. Second, in the research of FSX add-ons there is no way that P3D didn't come up so he wasn't just asking about X-plane, he was asking about more but didn't realize it.

Also READ MY first response to him where I POINTED HIM IN THE X-PLANE DIRECTION. Don't come at me with that BS trying to claim me and you were doing the same thing.

Well considering I sent him the link to the main xplane download page.... And you didnt... I supposed we did do the same thing.....right?

DALMD80

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 pm

http://xpfr.org/
This site has a great Robin DR400 and a great Ercoupe. Both are fun to fly around.

Crosswind787

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:25 pm

This video shows the top 25 free addons for xplane with links to each in the description. I use most of them and they're as good as advertised.

https://youtu.be/SsbkI4UO9FA

US orthos are free and worth looking into however they require a lot of HD space and theres a learning curve to convert them so they can be used in xp11, well worth it though.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... thophotos/

speedbird52

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:36 am

How has no one mentioned the Ultimate 737 yet? It's a freeware 737 based off of the default. It's very very good, with systems simulation at Aerosofts Airbus X Extended level

Crosswind787

Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:23 am

speedbird52 wrote:
How has no one mentioned the Ultimate 737 yet? It's a freeware 737 based off of the default. It's very very good, with systems simulation at Aerosofts Airbus X Extended level

I mentioned it above. I agree with you its awesome. Best freeware aircraft available ever for any sim. Its payware quality.