Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

cloudboy
Topic Author

Where to buy Model Airliners

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 pm

I want to get a scale model airliner or two. Id rather get an assembled, or at least mostly assembled one rather than one I have ot build myself. What is the best surce?" I look online but there seems to be so many vendors and so many types and sizes - where do I start? What should I look for?
"Six becoming three doesn't create more Americans that want to fly." -Adam Pilarski

alberchico

Re: Where to buy Model Airliners

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:11 am

https://www.airplaneshop.com/

This is a good starting place. Keep in mind that with the pandemic there might delays in your items being shipped.
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

jaybird

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:01 am

jetcollector.com been using them for years - they're great people!

and try this site - the forms have a ton of information for 1/400 and 1/200 sizes plus other sizes ..

PatrickZ80

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:47 pm

AviationMegaStore is a good one.

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/

Not only do they have a large collection of scale models but also a whole lot of other aviation related stuff. Books, movies, Flight Sim hardware and add-ons, etc. Based in the Netherlands (near Amsterdam airport) they're the number one aviation shop for most of Europe, but they ship worldwide. Keep in mind that shipments to other continents might take longer, certainly for as long as the Corona crisis is going on.

Tango-Bravo

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:59 pm

First, what scale are you looking for? Beyond that, many if not most 1/400 scale releases sell out quickly after which (like it or not) ebay becomes your best source for finding "sold out" pre-assembled models...at prices ranging from "can't afford not to buy" to outrageously high. Also, a number of online distributors other than those listed above have their own websites you can check out including jetwaymodels.com; diecastjets.com; wafflecollectibles.com and others. Though I have not seen them on ebay, spruebrothers.com and airlinersinscale.com are also worth checking out; in my experience, all of these give excellent service at fair market prices, even if they seem to offer only releases (mostly recent) that have not yet sold out.

Another benefit of going to ebay is to see 'the big picture' of what is available in the way of pre-assembled and easily-assembled (no paint, glue, decals needed) airliners. By far the most common scales are 1/400, 1/200 and 1/500, in roughly that order.

Todd
PHX

fraspotter

Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:39 am

airlinemuseum.com has a good selection from a wide variety of scales and brands. On more than one occasion I have found myself spending more money than I wanted on that site. It's like a candy store for collectors. I've also rediscovered the many gems that ebay has to offer in terms of scale models for sale. I personally collect Herpa 1:500 scale and there are many rare and hard to find models on there not available through other websites.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

StarGrid

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:01 am

This is a good starting place. Keep in mind that with the pandemic there might delays in your items being shipped.

Rossiya747

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:29 pm

airplaneshop.com
pandafoxtoys.com
eztoys.com
diecastairplane.com
ebay
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 CRJ2 E145 E190 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL

TKA380

Fri May 01, 2020 11:20 pm

I usually go to https://www.aircraftmodelstore.co.uk.

They‘re still shipping, others mentioned above are all good starting points too.