Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

B747man
Topic Author

Longest cargo flight in the world

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:55 am

So I am trying to find out what the longest cargo flight that the 747 flies in real life. I want to do some real-world routes with the PMDG 747 and would like to find some of the longest flights that are done in real life and fly them in the sim.

So does anyone know what the longest cargo flights the 747 regularly flies?

Thanks

aeromoe

Re: Longest cargo flight in the world

Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:40 pm

B747man wrote:
So I am trying to find out what the longest cargo flight that the 747 flies in real life. I want to do some real-world routes with the PMDG 747 and would like to find some of the longest flights that are done in real life and fly them in the sim.

So does anyone know what the longest cargo flights the 747 regularly flies?

Thanks

I might suggest looking in FR24 (FlightRadar24) at the fleet of say Cathay Pacific and Korean Air for example. Check the individual tail numbers and see what routes they regularly fly. They often route beginning in Mexico and South America and travel though (sometimes stopping in) the continental United States, stopping in Anchorage then on to HKG and ICN. My example may not be the longest but this method (while labor intensive) will provide some examples and insight. There probably are longer routes...I just can't think of any more off the top of my nugget.
AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(1) BY B6 CO CP(2) DG DL EA EI EN FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(1) OZ(2) PA PI PT QF QQ RM RO RV(1) RV(2) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(2) ZZ 9K

jaybird

Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 am

I would check FR24 for FedEx, UPS, Atlas Air, etc.

Stitch

Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:59 am

UPS has a non-stop from Louisville to Dubai using the 747-8F which is 7,700 miles (12,400 km). If that is not the longest, period, it's one of them.