Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AirFiero
Topic Author

Latest/best source for 1/144 decals

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:54 am

With the Coronavirus still limiting activities, I decided to dust off my boxes of models after a 20+ year hiatus. Back in the day, I'd just drive over to ATP and buy stuff from Clinton Groves. I know he's no longer with us, so I need to get updated on sources for decals, models, etc.

I've been checking out the websites for Airline Hobby Supply and Draw Decals. They seem to have most of what I'm interested in. I noticed the ATP web site is still up. Is someone running that business, or is the website abandoned. Can you recommend any other good sources for 1/144 stuff? Thanks.

mjzair

Re: Latest/best source for 1/144 decals

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:55 am

Would be interested as well. I just ordered a few from Ebay.. I will let you know the quality.

AntonioMartin

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:47 pm

mjzair wrote:
Would be interested as well. I just ordered a few from Ebay.. I will let you know the quality.

Did you get your decals???

mjzair

Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:09 pm

AntonioMartin wrote:
mjzair wrote:

Yes, I did. I ordered them from a seller in Russia, and they took about a month to get to the US which I thought was actually pretty good.
The detail and art work of the decals was very nice. The decals themselves were a little flimsy. That's not to say that they weren't good, just that they were a little on the unforgiving side. So, not the decals I would recommend for a beginner.

AntonioMartin

Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:41 pm

mjzair wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:
mjzair wrote:

Yes, I did. I ordered them from a seller in Russia, and they took about a month to get to the US which I thought was actually pretty good.
The detail and art work of the decals was very nice. The decals themselves were a little flimsy. That's not to say that they weren't good, just that they were a little on the unforgiving side. So, not the decals I would recommend for a beginner.

Interesting.... :listen:

N8302A

Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:49 am

Since you have visited AHS (Airline Hobby Supplies) that website covers the spectrum of airliner decals that have been produced during the past 20-30 years and may still be available for purchase. Specific websites that I visit include Drawdecals, 26decals, F-DCAL.FR and 8Adec.com. I would suggest visiting airlinercafe.com and click on the vendor tab for additional airliner decal sources. This time period is really the best it has ever been for those of us looking to acquire high quality aftermarket airliner decals.

AirFiero
Topic Author

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:07 pm

I’ll check all those out, thanks!

N8302A

Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 am

You're welcome

petertenthije

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am

You can also try the aviation mega store. Not just for decals, but also for expansion sets (more detailed cockpits, more detailed engines, ground equipment etc).

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/cat/a ... s-238.html