Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TWA772LR
Topic Author

UK Model Seller Question

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:17 pm

I'm looking to buy a Continental 1:200 737-500. I found one online from a website called KH Norton (norton.co.uk) for pretty affordable. My question is, are they reputable? And do they ship to the US? Thanks!

VSMUT

Re: UK Model Seller Question

Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:28 am

TWA772LR wrote:
I'm looking to buy a Continental 1:200 737-500. I found one online from a website called KH Norton (norton.co.uk) for pretty affordable. My question is, are they reputable? And do they ship to the US? Thanks!

Yes, I've shopped from that site a couple of times before. No negative comments from my side. Don't know about shipping to the US.

peterlewis

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:01 am

Have you tried the airplaneshop? They have pretty good collection and reputation and you do not have to worry about shipping in the US. It is an American company.

Rossiya747

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:27 pm

peterlewis wrote:
Have you tried the airplaneshop? They have pretty good collection and reputation and you do not have to worry about shipping in the US. It is an American company.

airplaneshop is overpriced as hell lol

Challenger007

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Rossiya747 wrote:
peterlewis wrote:

Where would you recommend looking for the model of an airplane you like? Where to find adequate prices and to understand that this is not a scam? Sometimes it seems to me that it is better to overpay, but get an airplane from a trusted seller.

Seafinw

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:47 pm

Challenger007 wrote:
Rossiya747 wrote:
peterlewis wrote:

Where would you recommend looking for the model of an airplane you like? Where to find adequate prices and to understand that this is not a scam? Sometimes it seems to me that it is better to overpay, but get an airplane from a trusted seller.

I would look at Waffle Collectibles. They are in California. I've bought many models from them. People complain about the owner Mike, but I've never had an issue. He often sells collections he buys and has scratch/dent items as well.

Rossiya747

Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:02 pm

Seafinw wrote:
Challenger007 wrote:
Rossiya747 wrote:

I would look at Waffle Collectibles. They are in California. I've bought many models from them. People complain about the owner Mike, but I've never had an issue. He often sells collections he buys and has scratch/dent items as well.

Waffle Collectibles is good, but note that their shipping is expensive compared to other stores. Most of the time I can find the same thing for less shipping at like PandaFoxToys, EzToys, JetCollector, and RM Model Store.

Some good coupon codes:
Waffle: BESTFBGROUP
EzToys: BOBCAT
JetCollector: VIPGOLD
RM Model Store: AVIATION04