Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dazz
Topic Author

Cockpit built from LEGO! (which could use your help)

Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:54 am

Hi fellow Avgeeks, enthusiasts and spotters!

What is it?
I built a cockpit made of LEGO modelled off the Boeing 747. I am in the process of updating the interior colors and instrument panels to reflect the 400 model, so please don't yell at me lol. It took a month to do this so a lot of love went into it. Thanks Jason (head moderator) for allowing this post too.

How can you help?
I submitted it to the Lego Ideas program where it could be made into an actual Lego set if it reaches 10K votes. As I'm writing this, it has 1.3K votes still a few votes to go.
I appreciate all the support it can get.
To vote: it's free, will need to log in via FB (easiest method) and click the support button - takes about 1 minute

This is the link: https://bit.ly/747Cockpit

Hope you like it and really appreciate your support. Feel free to share as well.

FylingValle

Re: Cockpit built from LEGO! (which could use your help)

Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:10 am

Hello Dazz!

Your Lego cockpit looks really great man. And it's quite true to the original.

I am always fascinated when a person puts so much passion and dedication into such a project.
I had to think of my son when I saw this. We gave him a Lego airport back then, and he himself was always trying to put together new airplane models. But we never came up with such an idea.

A Lego set of the Boeing would be quite a joy for young and old.
I'm looking forward to this.

Dazz
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:59 am

Hi @FlyingValle. Thanks for sharing and glad I could invoke some older memories :) I'm looking forward to it as well. Thanks for helping out :)

Dazz
Topic Author

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:56 am

Thanks everyone who has supported so far - it is really appreciated!

I couldn't figure out how to update my original post, however I have updated this to reflect the 747 - 400 variant with both internal colors and instrument panels. If anyone can tell me how to edit the original post would be awesome.

aeromoe

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:28 pm

Dazz wrote:
Thanks everyone who has supported so far - it is really appreciated!

I couldn't figure out how to update my original post,

You cannot edit posts after a certain (quite short) timeframe...probably within an hour or so. Once the "pencil" (edit post) icon to the upper right of your post is gone, it is closed to editing.

So are these renders and/or have you physically built this? I am a current AFOL and can really appreciate this level of work: great job! I only build other people's MOCs based off of PDFs I've purchased/downloaded from Rebrickable, etc. I don't delve into the design of my own MOCs.

Dazz
Topic Author

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:37 am

Hi Everyone. My Boeing 747 Cockpit on LEGO Ideas has now completed a quarter of its journey! Thank you so much to the 2,500 supporters who boarded for this journey so far. It's been fantastic and really appreciated!

There are plenty of seats available - please help this LEGO Idea reach its destination (it's easy, free and takes just a minute). https://bit.ly/747Cockpit

aeromoe

Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Dazz wrote:

Hi Everyone. My Boeing 747 Cockpit on LEGO Ideas has now completed a quarter of its journey! Thank you so much to the 2,500 supporters who boarded for this journey so far. It's been fantastic and really appreciated!

There are plenty of seats available - please help this LEGO Idea reach its destination (it's easy, free and takes just a minute). https://bit.ly/747Cockpit

So my original question remains: Have you actually built this or are these renders from the program you're using to design this?

Dazz
Topic Author

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:13 pm

aeromoe wrote:
Dazz wrote:

So my original question remains: Have you actually built this or are these renders from the program you're using to design this?

Hi aeromoe. Have not built - these are renders. Have checked everything from structural integrity, color availability (98% all good) and ability to put it together. I've noticed a few submissions that do extremely well and yet would just fall over in real life and that bugs me so wished to ensure all was good prior to submitting. Cheers

aeromoe

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:45 pm

Dazz wrote:

Hi aeromoe. Have not built - these are renders. Have checked everything from structural integrity, color availability (98% all good) and ability to put it together. I've noticed a few submissions that do extremely well and yet would just fall over in real life and that bugs me so wished to ensure all was good prior to submitting. Cheers

Thanks for your reply. As I stated up-thread: looks awesome. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the completed model.

Dazz
Topic Author

Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:21 pm

Hi everyone. This little project now has 3000 supporters

It still requires 7000 more but is certainly achievable. Please take a moment to help support - it is legitimate, free and only takes a few clicks

Many thanks https://bit.ly/747Cockpit

Dazz
Topic Author

Tue May 25, 2021 7:55 am

After 4 months, I'm happy to say this project has now passed half way with more than 5000 people supporting it. Less than 5000 to go :)
Please feel free to help it out - details in original post

Max Q

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:28 am

Well thats absolutely awesome