Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MediumRareBaku
Topic Author

Spirit Airlines DC-9s in the 90s

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:35 am

Hello. I was real torn on if this should go here or in Aviation Hobby, so if a mod could kindly move it if I chose poorly I would greatly appreciate it.

Basically, I'm looking for reference photos of the Spirit tail logo with the red lettering and the stylized aircraft used on their DC-9s in the 90s that is a higher resolution or more zoomed in than the ones uploaded here. I am hoping someone has something in their back pocket. The reason why I almost put it in Hobby is that I need these photos for livery creation for flight simulation purposes.

I'm having a hell of a time finding something that is close enough/high resolution enough that I (or a generic graphic artist more accurately) could replicate it.

This one is so close to being perfect if it was only a bit sharper or more zoomed in.

Any help appreciated!

crownvic

Re: Spirit Airlines DC-9s in the 90s

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:22 am

Have you considered purchasing a timetable on eBay? This logo was on the cover of every timetable for many years and should easily be found.

pwm2txlhopper

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:56 pm

Why not just do a Google Image search for Spirit DC-9? I did and all kinds of images popped up.

drdisque

Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:02 pm

It's also entirely possible there were variations in the paint on each one as they were essentially bought 1 at a time. They had a variety of different interiors. Even their first MD-80 was bought as a one off to add capacity during the NW strike.