Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

site where I can find old airliner kit for cheaper than 80€ beside oldmodelkit?

Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Hello, I wonder if that exist, becaus whenever I'm looking for a retro revell boeing 747, the price will verry often be higher than 80€ (particularly on ebay, god people sell retro kit at the higher price, a lot being at 100€ or more even without shipping cost).

Thanks for your answer!

tb727

Re: site where I can find old airliner kit for cheaper than 80€ beside oldmodelkit?

Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Which one are you looking for?

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

Re: site where I can find old airliner kit for cheaper than 80€ beside oldmodelkit?

Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:48 pm

the old 200/100 kit, I already know where I can get the SAS cutaway (wich I'll get for christmas and do with a what if interior base on boeing brochure from theairchives)
Per example
from https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell- ... sa--140278

tb727

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:31 pm

thebunkerparodi wrote:
the old 200/100 kit, I already know where I can get the SAS cutaway (wich I'll get for christmas and do with a what if interior base on boeing brochure from theairchives)
Per example
from https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell- ... sa--140278

I have a couple good hobby shops around me in the Detroit area, I will check for you this week. You never know what they have in stock, one of the places has a lot of new old stock they get from closures and estate sales.

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:07 pm

thanks but note that I'm from france so the shipping cost might be too high for me (never understood why it's so high between europe and the US on ebay)

tb727

Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:28 pm

thebunkerparodi wrote:
thanks but note that I'm from france so the shipping cost might be too high for me (never understood why it's so high between europe and the US on ebay)

Yeah I thought you were in Europe. I've sent stuff there before for a.netters but if I do see the model I will let you know, you never know!

thebunkerparodi
Topic Author

Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:40 pm

ok thanks! I prefer to avoid ordering from the US on ebay due to the verry high shipping cost (and it's a pain to search rare airliner there, they'll often cost 100€)