Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

flyguydsl
Topic Author

SimAirline?

Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:54 am

Not sure if this is appropriate for this forum but I am sure many people here have had their hand at the FlightSimulator for home PC's. Has anyone ever heard of a Sim Airline? I think it would be great. Choose your fleet, age, aircraft type, hubs, destinations, schedules etc. With fares and marketing and budgeting etc. too?? Why has no one done it? You could even design your own livery. Maybe there is one out there but I can't find it. I think people would go mad for it
DSL

chiawei

RE: SimAirline?

Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:22 am

That's because there is already one on the market.

777-300 FAN

Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:08 pm

Try Airliner Simulator, theres a banner on A.net!

nighthawk

Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:16 am

or drop by your local high street shop and pick up a copy of Airlines 2.

I have had Airline Simulator for almost a year, and i hate the game! It is far too easy to make money, and any flight you introduce runs at 100% capacity from day one!! How realistic!

I odered airlines 2 last night, hopefully it will be much better!

flyguydsl
Topic Author

Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:27 am

hey Nighthawk,
thanks for that, I almost dropped $80AUD on the other one, despite everyone's bad review on some other forums!! Does this one have any cool visuals. Like even a route map? I would love to design my own livery too but maybe I am asking too much  Big grin !!
Anyways, Cheers
flyguy

flyguydsl
Topic Author

Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:41 am

Hey Nighthawk - I have to ask where did you order it from?
Cheers
Darren

deltaalpha

Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:17 am

I have the one shown on the banner in this site and it is not bad. It needs improvement but it is an evolving game. It has many evolutions to become the game it can be.But since it is upgradable it has the ability to do so. If you have the money I would get it I like to play it I have also purchased the game airlines 2 and I am eagerly awaiting its arival!
On a side note do you guys remember the super nintendo game Aerobiz and Aerobiz Supersonic? That was kind of a cool game. Kind of first generation with poor graphics but a great idea.
Common sense is not all that common

AirT85

Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:53 am

Where did you order Airlines2 at? It looks awesome!
Tony
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

Dash8King

Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:31 am

Flyguyds I don't know about Airlines2 but I have Airline Simulation(the banner one) and it is good, and it came with 5 upgrades so it will get better. I recommend it.

Karlok

Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:03 pm

Airline2 is that the same as Airport Tycoon 2???

Dash8King

Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:27 pm

That is what I thought they were talking about.

nighthawk

Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:08 pm

NO Airlines 2 = Airlines 2!

NOT Airline Simulator, Airline Tycoon, Airport Tycoon or anything else.

You can buy it from amazon. it is available now in the US, but europeans must preorder, as its not being released until the 26th of this month.

flyguydsl
Topic Author

Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:06 am

Hey I called the local computer shop and it is coming here maybe today? He said it was on the list but not arrived yet! Can't wait.

ont 737

Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:08 am

Airport Tycoon 2 is due out on Jan 15, 2003.

efzed

Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:48 pm

But Gavin, if you hate AIRLINE (www.airlinesimulation.com) so much, why did you recently buy an upgrade?

As always, the Efzed team at airlinesimulation.com is listening to user requirements, we develop based on user feedback, our releases are based on user requests and if you don't tell us, we can't help you.

Frank
Managing Director - Efzed
www.airlinesimulation.com

v4.3 being released November 2002
Multi User Network/Internet version due to release January 2003

Dash8King

Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:30 am

Here is what is in the next Airline version V4.3 and if you have earlier versions you can upgrade.

Current Build Data

AIRLINE version: v4.2.23

Airport Data Zip File Date: 27/09/2002

Aircraft Data Zip File Date: 28/08/2002

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to the new users that have joined us. Our advert on airliners.net has caused quite a stir and it’s good see so many of our users out there getting involved.

City data

A total of five users, all from Norway and Denmark have reported some very strange problems with the city data and the sorting being incorrect. We have discovered that this is related to the extra characters in the alphabet and we are looking at options for this however, all users in these countries who are running their versions on windows/keyboard settings in English, are not having the problem and all seems to be fine.

Seat Pitch

A number of users have asked if we can allow you to adjust the seat pitch however, this is already covered by the actual seating type selected, for example, the more expensive/comfortable seats increase the leg room as well. v4.3 does allow you to put any type of seat into any class, this was prompted by the number of airlines, eg SQ and CX now having sleeper seats in the business class.

Landing Fees

v4.3 will see the introduction of landing fee contracts and also, increased landing fees during peak periods.

Making Money

So often we hear it is too easy to make money so v4.3 has an major over haul of the entire set up process. No longer can you pick any hub and borrow unlimited money. You will have to enter into hub contracts, sell bonds or raise capitol and then comply with strict time lines to repay loans and bonds when they mature.

Skill Levels

v4.3 introduces skill levels, 1 – 4 levels of controlled play in a set environment and a fifth setting called “real world” where everything will remain random.

Cargo Contracts

Cargo contracts in v4.3 can be tracked through connecting cities by flight number.

Transfers through Hub Cities

V4.2.23 introduced some major changes to the concept of the hub cities and one of them was a rule that your aircraft had to pass through a hub city at least twice in any itinerary. We have not had any feedback on this change (no news usually means no bad news) but if anyone does have any comments, please let us know.

v4.3 beta testing

We have 5 positions left for any users who wish to be beta testers on v4.3 – it can be quite time consuming but also rewarding as you have direct input into the final stages of the development. Anyone interested, just let us know.

Update Files

If anyone needs an update file that is currently not on the site, please let us know and we will get one made for you and uploaded. A reminder to check the members section of the site for these update files, if you are not running v4.2.23 – please go and download the latest update to your copy of the simulation.

Enjoy everyone and happy flying!

airlinesimulation.com

www.airlinesimulation.com
www.efzed.com.au

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. Please delete the message and any attachments and notify the sender of mis-delivery. Any use or disclosure of the contents of either is unauthorised and may be unlawful. Nothing in this e-mail shall bind Efzed Pty Ltd in any contract or obligation. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender states them, with the requisite authority, to be those of Efzed Pty Ltd or partnership.

westjet_8

Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:03 am

Airlines 2 looks brutal except for the grapics. It looks like its going to be a "realistic" Airline Tycoon.
Canadian. RIP 1999

SESGDL

Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:49 am

Efzed,

I have e-mailed the airlinesimulation.com site numerous times about the fact that I cannot get any upgrades for AIRLINE or log-in to the site even though I bought the game, and I have never been responded to.

Jeremy

coronado

Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:22 am

I have had fantastic response from www.airlinesimulation.com and got excellent fixes to a couple bugs I reported. I find upgrading the version to be an easy process by downloading updated city and aircraft data and the version upgrades have delivered.

Perhaps load factors come up to rather high Singapore Airline levels a bit soon, but hey this is a simulation--would you rather be in charge of a Singapore or Ansett? If I am going to spend some time on a sim I would rather enjoy it and make some money even if pretend money. I have enough headaches with real life and the real job! I don;t need to be depressed when I am trying to relax. I understand a upgrade in the near future will allow the setting of difficulty levels.

I am actually running 3 sims at present, one with a main hub in PTY, one in HEL and just started a new one based at SAO (Guarulhos). One is a heavy B737-800, one is an Airbus 320 series and the one based in SAO is MD-80 series basedm which is sort of fun because Brazilian airlines, to my recollection, have never operated DC9 or MD80/90 series --they were always predominantly Boeing (at least until TAM's F100's came on to the scene).

I highly reccomend www.airlinesimulation.com
The Original Coronado: First CV jet flights RG CV 990 July 1965; DL CV 880 July 1965; Spantax CV990 Feb 1973