mon330
Topic Author

Your FS2004 Wish List

Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:54 am

First of all, there have been a great many discussions on what everybody wants to see included in the next Flight Simulator, i.e. new aircraft, etc.

However, disregarding aircraft, better AI traffic behavior, increased frame rates, etc., what little details would you like to see to make virtual flying seem more realistic?

Personally, I'd like to see:

- ground reflections (of buildings, aircraft, and so on) in wet conditions;
- much better rain effects (wet runway that hampers braking, wet taxiways and aprons where the water moves);
- condensation coming from the wings in humid conditions;
- wings that bend up and down slightly when taxiing;
- greater detail in the grass beside the taxiways;
- better ocean/water graphics, so that it disappears into a mist on the horizon, rather than a blunt line;
- improved overcast conditions - when on the ground it should be noticeably duller; similarly, when you emerge from the clouds, it should become much brighter;
- much better night graphics - the runway should be much more illuminated;
- the lead-in runway lights be raised from the ground, so that you skim them on short final, whether it is day or night;
- when using speedbrakes during descent, it would be nice to hear dramatically increased noise/vibration in the cabin.

The above are just a handful of examples that I believe are largely possible without being ridiculously detrimental to system performance.

Share your views...
Mark.

Craigy

RE: Your FS2004 Wish List

Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:55 am

Intel had better hurry up in releasing the Pentium 5 processor then, so that you can have two on your graphics card Big grin

Craig.

sharpnfuzzy

Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:46 am

It is always a tradeoff between graphics and scale.

Sure you can have the best and most realistic looking flight sim ever, where it's only you alone with a few choice locations possible to fly to.

On the other hand you can have hundreds of ai aircraft sharing your skies, all being guided by atc and over 11,000 airports around the world to visit.

This has always been a problem and probably always will. MS obviously has so far opted for the latter, and I think that's what we expect from them. I'm sure that the graphics and effects in fs2004 will be greatly improved over fs2002, but i'm sure it won't be close to what's possible these days and probably what some people will be expecting.

Anyways, I myself would love to see some improved rain and snow effects, like blowing snow or mist on takeoff or landing.

dragon-wings

Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:08 pm

My 2 biggest areas I want improved are

1. Better details at all of the airports
2. better overall weather effects
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

jwenting

Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:50 pm

Instead of listing all your gripes and wishes here, why not do the only thing that MAY influence the future of the product and send them to the address that Microsoft has provided for suggestions?
http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/
I wish I were flying

dc-10 levo

Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:57 am

I'd like to have water spraying effect when landing on wet runways. Also, weather effects must be improved too!

DC-10

zrb2

Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:04 am

I've already sent them my suggestions.

I'd really like better ATC vectoring and intructions when flying IFR flights. Many times, the altitudes and directions they give you are not suitable for the terrain or wind. I'd be happy if they picked 50 popular airports to really give you an authentic ATC experience. I realize they probably can't do this for hundreds of airports.

Mr.BA

Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:14 am

I wish for fircton on the ground and some ground effect just before landing  Smile
Boeing747 万岁!

United_fan

Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:21 am

I'd like to see:
*ATC warning of wake turbulence from 'heavy 767'

*follow company *** off taxiway 'X' "

*More airports have jetways

*Multiple runways in use (thank god for AFCAD!)

I'm sure I can think of more,MS should look at what people like MELJET and Posky are putting out.MS' 747 & 777 looks like absolute crap next to MELJET's!
"Suspicion is a matter of opinion"

H. Simpson

Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:50 pm

I would like to see HF radio and a excellent fram rate environment with all the goodies implented!

Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:22 pm

I probably won't buy it, so it doesn't really matter to me.

However, I would buy it if MS decided to eliminate all the standard aircraft, and make it a top notch soaring simulator. Just think about how much fun that would be!

'Speed

fritzi

Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:49 am

1) Improve the ILS glideslope because its impossible to intercept it when above FL030.

2) More ATC possibilities and contollers who speak quicker.

3) Realistic and complicated cockpits. They should include fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, pressurization systems, ...

I wish that they would stop increasing the eyecandy and instead develop the technical issues concerning the airplanes.

wilax

Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:12 pm

Pushback; Add tugs and intelligent pushback

Gates; Add adjustable height jetbridges and air stairs at each class A B and C airport

Clouds; Add real clouds instead of the 2D crosses

vafi88

Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:25 pm

??????????????????????????????????????

I'm still on FS98!!!!! I do have 2000, but my Pc cannot run it fast, or relatively quickly.......

We'll have to do it when I have a better PC.

From what I've seen with 02', it's fabulous, although, it'll get better and better every year, so by 2010, we'll just about get the full experience from our home.

As for having more Instruments in cockpits, I think that they should be minimized, so that when you put your mouse over them, they enlarge so you could see...just an idea, cuz otherwise you'd not be able to see from a 15'' monitor, or a 20" at that.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

jwenting

Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:16 pm

Fritzi, glideslope intercept is quite good actually. It's far more realistic than it was in older versions where you could indeer intercept when flying 10000ft AGL at right angles to the intercept course 2nm out.

More realistic cockpits are not to be expected.
That would mean they'd loose the entire crowd of people who don't want to spend days trying to comprehend a panel. That's a marketting decising, I'm sure they'd put them in if it wouldn't hurt their sales pretty hard.
I wish I were flying

sharpnfuzzy

Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:22 am

More realistic cockpits are not to be expected.
That would mean they'd loose the entire crowd of people who don't want to spend days trying to comprehend a panel. That's a marketting decising, I'm sure they'd put them in if it wouldn't hurt their sales pretty hard.

That's exactly what I was thinking. MS won't add even more complexity to something that is already complex to an "average" gamer. They are going to make absolutely no profit if playing MSFS requires introductory flight training.

Although they could add a bit more complexity to the "Professional" releases of flight sim. I think that's what people are expecting from a pro release... and not just some more aircraft. I wouldn't mind having some extra electrical, fuel, and hydraulic systems in the pro version.

bio15

Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:52 am

>>>1) Improve the ILS glideslope because its impossible to intercept it when above FL030.

2) More ATC possibilities and contollers who speak quicker.

3) Realistic and complicated cockpits. They should include fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, pressurization systems, ...

I wish that they would stop increasing the eyecandy and instead develop the technical issues concerning the airplanes.

Well said Fritzi. That's what makes a good simulator. Training simulators have no textures for example, but they can recreate flying realistically. The proffesional edition should boost that aero-realism, whilst the home edition for the 'average gamer' should hit the charts on best graphics game. Graphics are just fine (talking about my ideal proffesional ed.). The only thing that I would improve in visual detail are the terminals at airports to get a better idea of the gate you're supposed to go to. Perhaps a parking guy at the gate, that is not very difficult to implement, they just move their arms when seen from different angles. Most important about ATC is implementing the possibility to make requests (Higher FL's, higher speeds, direct-to routings, straight in emergency landing etc.)

-Alfredo

CanadianNorth

Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:24 am

ATCERS THAT DONT TAKE 5 MINUTES TO SAY 1 SENTENCE... Im sure real atcers talk twice as fast... and there should be an option for declairing an emergency!!! once I ran outa fuel and i was stuck #7 in line for landing!!!
o9 and when its raining there should be more water on the taxiways and spray from whe wheels. ABD MORE REALISTIC TERMINALS UP NORTH !!!!!!!!!
when I go to Whitehorse, or Yellowknife or Iqaluit on FS2002 i cant stand the terminals, Iv been there in real life and know for a fact that the terminals look completly different

CanadianNorth
HS-748, like a 747 but better!

ei 168

Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:50 am

Id just like the ATC voices to be a bit more foreign instead of all the American voices.

concorde1518

Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:21 pm

Personally (I'm gonna get flamed for this lol) I'd just as soon do away with ATC and AI alltogether. I hate them because they're unrealistic, and there's NOTHING I hate more than seeing planes at the wrong terminals. Even if you go and download all the right airlines and their schedule, they will still go to whatever terminal they are assigned, as opposed to their real world counterpart, plus, I'd prefer to have nobody around me, because I want to go to the gate that my flight's real world counterpart is going to. So, I personally would happily trade those two things for some more graphics realism.

Smile

bio15

Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:31 am

Flame him right away!!!!!!!!!  Smile

highliner2

Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:50 pm

Well, you could turn the traffic off and not use the ATC....that'll solve your problem....and, if your willing to do the work, there are plently of "layered" AFCAD files that allow you to dicate which airlines go to which terminal....
Go Cubs!

StarFlyer

Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:15 pm

I agree with most things above, but I just had this thought, wouldnt it be cool if there was a map like on real aircraft, where you can see the location, heading, altitude, speed etc from a pax point of view? I think in real live it is called flight show or something.
Just so once youve got the AP going and are cruising, you can feel like a pax a little bit...
And how about inflight movies, hehe...  Wink/being sarcastic ?!?!

Yours truly - StarFlyer

B727-200

Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:01 pm

This must be about the 200th "MSFS2K4 Wishlist" thread started, but I still like to see what people look for.

I am one who likes realism in handling as much as the graphics. There are a few graphics improvements I would like to see however, none of which should be too hard to create or hungry on frames:

- Water spray on wet runways (I first saw this effect done on an F1 game on the AMIGA 500, so I think today's PC's should handle it).
- Higher detailed terrain mesh's
- Heat exaust from engines
- Dynamic ground scenery, even if only at the more detailed airports
- Better airport lighting
- If they are going to use 2D bitmaps for clouds, at least use real-looking ones

From a game-play point of view I would like to see:

- Voice recognision option for the ATC
- More realistic flight dynamics on default aircraft
- More intelligent and realistic ATC (FS2K2 has most of the real world freq's in there, so why not stick to the speed and altitude rules within the controlled areas? Having controlled and uncontrolled airspace would be good too).
- The ability to design or import real takeoff and approach procedures (like STAR)
- Multiple runways

I suppose there are a lot of unrealistic thing we would all like to see in MSFS, but there are a lot of realistic things that should be in the next release to ensure it is not a disappointment on FS2K2.

At the very least I would expect multiple runways, step climb capabilities, the ability in general to request and change altitude without having your flight plan cancelled, speed requests and enforced speed restrictions, better random failure control, better flight plan creation tools, and a few more airports with higher detail.

B727-200.

LPL

Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:51 pm

I'd also like to see the ATC giving warnings of wake turbulence. The buildings at airports could also be better.

GOTbound

Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:06 pm

The release on XBOX as well.

rgs.GOTbound

Gerry

Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:46 am

Well said Fritzi! The GS/AP coupling is not worth it in fs2002.

ronen

Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:37 pm

I wish that I can transfer all my 222 active AI aircraft and flight planes to the fs2004.