Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

skytrain
Topic Author

FS2006: What Would You Like To See?

Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:30 am

Since Microsoft usually releases it's Flight Simulator series every second year, we can probably expect a new one by Fall 2005. FS2004 saw improved ATC features, more detailed weather, vintage aircraft among other features.

I know that nobody knows for sure what new features will be included in FS2006, but what I'd like to know is what everybody would like to see in the next game, and what should be improved from FS2004?

Better scenery/weather? New panels? Other features? Improvements? Modifications?

Personally I would like to see them develop a way to declare an emergency. You can set engine and other failures but once you have recovered from the problem there is no way to bring the aircraft in realistically. If you were flying IFR for example, they simply cancel your flight plan for deviating from the assigned course/altitude and you are left to fly in and land as any other aircraft would.

Input is appreciated! Big thumbs up

Cheers - Skytrain.

yanksn4

RE: FS2006: What Would You Like To See?

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:03 am

Here's what I would like to see:

- Some Airbus Aircraft (A330/A340/A380)
- Either Boeing 757 or 767
- Maybe use some real airlines (United Airlines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Aer Lingus)
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

jwenting

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:19 am

The removal of the framerate counter.
The removal of the configuration files to an encrypted binary format so users can't go messing around in them and claiming the sim is unstable afterwards.
and most importantly: surface conditions being influenced by weather conditions (so during rain unpaved runways get soggy, during freezing weather and snow runways get slippery, when it freezes rivers and lakes freeze over making landing possible).
I wish I were flying

Fly2HMO

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:22 am

*sloping runways
*gradually changing VASI and PAPI lights
*convincing force feedback
*ROARING jet engine sounds, not whimpy whines
*more realistic night views
*birds bothering in the approaches
*spotters around airports  Big thumbs up

more to come later...

Craigy

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:43 am

I would like to see ATC speed restrictions to space aircraft on landing and AI aircraft ROLL to the runway turn-offs on landing.
I have watched AI using ctrl-W and they land, stop dead, then taxi s-l-o-w-l-y to the next turn-off. Ultimate Traffic loads the REAL Heathrow flight plans but the difference is that the real LHR can handle that amount of traffic - FS2004's LHR cannot.

Declare emergency priority - yes. I flew Gatwick to Glasgow on a PMDG 736 today and after adding the SIDS and STARS, I was a little short on fuel, and a BA 733 hung around on the runway nearly making me go-around. Also talking STARS - it would be nice to get the ATIS for the destination airport earlier to be able to program the FMC in plenty of time. The only way to plan for a runway is to choose a single runway airport and set strong winds.

I would agree with the encryption of the cfg files if, and only if, Microsoft could get them to set themselves up properly in the first place. I hate the whole tweaking process but it is justified in the rewards.

I would like to see the hardware required to run at maximum fps released with the sim at an affordable price. Some chance.......

I am not bothered about the real liveries or aircraft, the freeware and payware markets have that sorted. Microsoft just need to concentrate on the internal workings of the sim itself.

"Some Airbus Aircraft (A330/A340/A380)"
Where is Micro$oft based?
Where is Boeing based?

Regards,
Craig.

yanksn4

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:47 am

Craigy, hey it's just a suggestion.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Craigy

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:50 am

Smile  Smile  Smile

filler............................

trekster

Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:57 am

Yep, a way of creating emergencies would be great on flight sim.

Where does the time go???

flymia

Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:42 pm

A 757 or 767 would be great and maybe a 1900D! And emergency would be great with Jetways at different sizes for big and small aircraft. Also better weather. Still not that great.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

CPH-R

Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:56 pm

I for one would dislike if the aircraft.cfg was encoded, as I install all of my aircraft repaints manually.

What I would like to see
SID's & STAR's being added & used (perhaps only for the Pro version)
Weather affects the surroundings (ie. snowing for a while would add snow banks)
More intelligent AI ATC
The ability to add non-standard approaches - ie. old IGS approach to Kai Tak, the rwy 09 approach at Madeira etc.

futureualpilot

Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:30 pm

A 757/767, better jet sounds, as somebodfy suggested earlier, a ROAR would be nice, not a whistle/whine. Also a fighter, I realize much of the technical data may be classified but at least they could do something!
Life is better when you surf.

SA006

Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:39 pm

Better ATC
Classic 747's (maybe prototype 747)
More parking bays
Better airports
Weather effects on terrain
737-NG's (not the boring 737-400)
Concorde would be nice
AI more realistic
Also it would b very nice if u could do the proper Kai Tak approach

But anyways

Rgds
SA006
Proudly South African

cancidas

Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:53 pm

classic boeings, i.e.....

- 707/720
- 727-100/200
- 737-100/200
- 747-100/200/300/SP

and maye a lockedd tristar, constellation, electra, douglas dc-8, dc-4, dc-7

[Edited 2004-02-14 07:54:34]
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

jwenting

Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:57 pm

I for one would dislike if the aircraft.cfg was encoded, as I install all of my aircraft repaints manually.

but you don't do support on FS addons and have to figure out where customers f*cked up when they chanmged things by hand and blame you for creating a poor product all over the internet...
I wish I were flying

DLKAPA

Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:27 pm

I am altogether surprised, shocked, and taken aback that nobody has mentioned this one: Tri-Jets. 727, DC10/MD11, and/or L1011.

Smokin cool

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

B727-200

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:48 pm

I have to say I do not give a toss about anything that I can add on at a later date (eg. aircraft, scenery, panels, etc..). What I would like to see is the continual improvements that have occured to-date with the MSFS products.

Having said this, I would like to see:

1) True random system and engine failures
2) A little more improvement with the weather and its effects
2.1) Runway conditions
2.2) updrafts and downdrafts around storm cells
2.3) hail as well as rain and snow
2.4) Water spray off wet runways
3) ATC and AI taken to another level
3.1) Altitude instructions in controlled airspace driven by the airspaces requirements, rather than the aircraft just reaching the previously instructed altitude
3.2) Landing clearance given when the runway is actually clear to land on
3.3) Track shortening
3.4) AI use air routes rather than direct point to point
3.5) STAR and SIDS
3.6) ATIS reports wind gust, cross wind and tail wind speeds
3.7) ATIS reports turbulence in the area
3.8) The ATC talks at a normal speed so more communication can be conducted
3.9) AI get the heck off the runway after landing
4) CAD software shipped with the game to easily edit scenery and airports
5) Animated tugs, fuel trucks, scissor lifts, baggage carts, emergency vehicles and aerobridges at the airports
6) The time-zone problem fixed once and for all

What I would not care to see added to the game by M$:

1) Snow that builds up on aircraft, ground or other objects.
2) Any more aircraft types added those currently shipped with the game
3) Trees that move in the wind
4) People getting on and off the aircraft

B727-200.

Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:12 pm

Actually, I'm fairly satisfied with FS2004--the improvements that I would request are minor;

-Every one seems to want airliners and real liveries. I think that I'd rather see some more pistons, such as a "TAA" (Technically Advanced Aircraft) like the Cirrus SR-22 or Lancair Columbia.

-I'm thrilled with the way that the current weather system operates, however, I would like to see barometric pressure shift with the dynamic weather. It doesn't seem to do so in FS 2004.

-I despise the "flying tips" that pop up, such as "your engine is not started" and "your mixture is not properly adjusted." I find myself saying in response "no #%&*, Sherlock." These should be completely done away with.

-If icing is always a potential in FS weather, then every aircraft needs to have an Outside Air Temperature (OAT) guage. The Baron has deicing equipment, yet no OAT guage. That's a little frustrating.

-I too would love to see the ability for declaration of an emergency.

-I don't really care about speed restrictions, but I would love to see some holds assigned, complete with EFC times.

-A more complete representation of the Garmin GPS system.

-Normal

[Edited 2004-02-14 13:24:09]

Craigy

Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:15 pm

Why don't you just turn the flying tips off in the settings menu?

Craig.

Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:30 pm

All I could find on the Setttings menu was in "General," and it had an item that read "Cockpit Tool Tips." This refers to an instrument label popping up when you move the mouse pointer over it. If the "flying tips" (not the Tool Tips) could be turned off, I'd surely love to know how to do so!

-Normal

Craigy

Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:26 pm

You are right, I was thinking of the tool tips. I do not know what you mean by "flying tips". I have never had anything like that pop up on me, and I have done some pretty dumb things in FS.

Craig.

radarbeam

Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:33 am

What I would like to see is a real weather reporting system. When you fly cross country it's always a guessing game if the destination airport is going to be VFR or IFR. Also a prediction of the winds aloft. Not a downright reading of the winds aloft but prediction so that sometimes the predictions are spot on and sometimes they are not. That would be a big plus. It sucks going on Yahoo looking for "Weather in Japan", I think Flight Sim should do that job.

Also, being able to request emergencies would be nice too.

If MS was able to reduce the 3D clouds frame rate hit, I don't know how but that be nice.

jwenting

Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:47 am

'speed, go to 'aircraft->realism settings'.
There's a checkbox on the top right of the dialog box, 'display flying tips', uncheck that.
I wish I were flying

yegspotter

Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:51 am

I think FS 2004 is pretty good already, but there are a few minor things I would like to see (some have already been mentioned)
1.) AI aircraft exiting the runway quicker after landing (I'm always annoyed when ATC tells me to "go around".
2.) Have some way to auto-respond to ATC requests when flying in compressed time (when time compression is set to 16X, you hardly have enough reaction time for the ATC requests)
3.) More realistic sounds - right now, the 737, 747 and 777 all sound the same to me - that's not very realistic. 777's in particular, have a very unique "whine"...
4.) More view options. I would like to see "runway" views especially. I quite often like to replay my approached just to see what I may have done poorly, and it would be nice if a stationary view could be setup along the runway (actually, this may be possible in FS 2004, I just haven't played around with the views too much yet).
5.) Possibly have some traffic other than aircraft moving about at the major airports. For example, baggage cars, fuel trucks, de-icing trucks etc.

I'm sure I'll think of some more, but that's it for now...

Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:04 am

"There's a checkbox on the top right of the dialog box, 'display flying tips', uncheck that."

Now unchecked. Thanks for the heads up.

-Normal

United_fan

Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:47 pm

Let's admit it,MS's default planes suck . The 737 & 777 are unchanged from FS2000. You can download WAY better planes,sound and panels!
Weather and r/w conditions would be nice,so would puddling water and snowbanks.
"Suspicion is a matter of opinion"

B727-200

Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:33 pm

I am actually hoping that some of the features that M$ are building into the train simulator find there way into MSFS. One of these is that you can ride as a passenger - that would be cool at some airports  Big thumbs up

Oh yeah, and I would like to see tower views that are actually situated INSIDE THE FREEKIN TOWER!!!!!

B727-200

baw2198

Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:22 pm

I would like to see more trijets-- 727, L1011, trident, maybe even a yak 40 or tu-154.
A program to change the config files would definetly be nice as well as an aircraft editor like FS2k2 had.
Better taxi routes at the bigger airports (ord, mco, atl). At ORD especially, having the dual taxi between C and B terminals with the correct direction and multiple runways in use ie: calm wind, almost all runways in use, landing 9R 22R 9L departing 9L [email protected] 32R. Having the AI planes pull closer to the gates at parking instead halfway into the taxi path.
The ability to cut out fixes in-route ie: cut the corner and save time. Vectors around weather too if it doesn't impact the performance of the sim to bad or the ability to deviate from course and then return to route.

The one thing that I would like to fixed more than anything else would be to have MSFS be more tolerant of 3rd party gauges and panels. This to me has been the biggest head with any of the MS flight sims past and present.
"And remember, Keep your stick on the ice"--->Red Green

Craigy

Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:47 am

A couple more ATC related things.

Less ATC handoffs -
contact Manchester departure
contact Manchester centre
contact Manchester departure
contact Manchester centre
contact Manchester departure again, just for fun
contact Manchester centre......etc.......

An option to receive and read back ATC instructions in short form - especially for the AI planes, and a pause between AI aircraft responding - just to give you that little chance to speak.

Dual runways, one for arrivals, one for departures - YES.

Craig.

northstardc4m

Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:12 am

1st of all, dont ask for planes, you want planes, go 3rd party, anything from MS sucks anyways. Microsoft wont cover the planes, they never do properly, they decided to go a little further this time with the classical stuff, but next time at best id expect an update of the 737, 747, 777 and Dash 8.

What hopefully we will see is an improved ATC engine, using multiple runways ON DIFFERENT HEADINGS, hopefully allowing for proper spacing (aka telling A/C what speed to fly on approach). Also hopefully ATC will be handled alot better, VFR traffic will avoid restricted airspace when possible (so less, XX Center, Cessna N35987 requesting clearance to transition X airspace/request flight following).

What else, maybe a better weather transition, better flight planning tools, better ground textures, better autogen and hopefully less demanding clouds.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

QF747

Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:36 am

Here's my list of priority things I'd like to see in FS2006:

- All time zone inaccuracies fixed (eg: why is SYD 1 hr ahead of MEL? in real life they are all on the same time zone). Impoosible to do real life flights with current time zones

- Inclusion of call signs national flag carriers of all countries, not just those that fly to US. Eg. Sri Lankan, Emirates, Air Mauritius just to name a few.

- Moving carsvehicles (both day and night) when on approach to airports

- Water effects on takeoff from runway

-Cabin crew sounds (i know add-ons exist), but maybe different announcement for different aircraft, including foreign announcements. For example, no "sit back and enjoy the movie" announcement for a prop aircraft as no tv.

- maybe ai ground vehicles that move and arrive at gate with the aircraft

I'll add more as I think of them later on  Smile
Always fly QF!

N6376M

Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:16 am

1. Wake turbulence modeled for AI aircraft

2. A good FMC built into the product.

3. The ability to download / update flight schedule from real airlines and have AI traffic behave that way

4. The snow building up on the aircraft idea is great as is the runway condition being affected by weather.

KYIPpilot

Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:25 am

I would like to see better water deatails and better scenery in general.

I'd also like to see aircraft additions such as:

CRJ-200 or ERJ-145
A-319/20
DC-9
DC-10
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

dc-10 levo

Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:42 am

I'm REALLY happy with FS2004 but as already suggested I would like to see:

• Weather conditions affecting runways

• ATC speed restrictions

• The ability to declare an emergency inflight

• DC-10

FLYtoEGCC

Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:55 pm

- As has been suggested, ability to declare emergency. Also, a much greater variety of possible emergencies, more working warning lights on the instrument panel.
    - Working windscreen wipers.
    - ATC voices from a variety of countires - not necessarily every country, but I'm sure MS can do better than having just American voices.

Most importantly:
    - Microsoft, PLEASE improve the jet sounds! I've never been on a 737 that has horrible whining engines like FS does. Where's the thunderous roar on take-off? And also, since when did a 737 sound like a 747 or a 777? I'm sure they can do so much better. Even if it means hiring a 747 for the day to make professional recordings, I'm sure Mr. Gates has the money!  Big thumbs up
    Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...

B727-200

Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:48 pm

Have to agree with the sounds thing. I think the sounds used for the props are great, the sound for the Lear 45 is ok, but the sounds for the B737/B747/B777 are like a domestic vacuum cleaner.

As mentioned above, real multiple runway operations including cross runways etc.. would be sensational. The steps taken to activate most runways and to have parallel runway operations was a good move from 2K2, but the next step needs to be taken.

Another thing that I forgot to mention is the ability to move into position and hold after an aircraft has landed, and then get clearance once the runway is clear of traffic. This would speed up movements at airports a little bit more.

B727-200.

steve1103

Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:13 am

I would like to see a 737-800 or 900-757 and 767

rb211

Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:08 am

Realistic airport terrain, like "the dip" at KATL or the airport taxiway and runway"bridges" that go over water and roads like @ KLAX, and EHAM. Everything right now is pretty much perfectly flat. Have more spotter vantage points on the ground, not just the spot plane,
    Airline photography. Whether they're fully clothed, butt naked, having issues or confused I'm taking pictures!!

jeffrysky

Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:57 pm

1. Aerobridges at airports that actually have them in real-life.

2. echoing craigy : massive improvement of ATC : i am not interested in seeing 20 over planes doing a co-ordinated rendition of "The Nutcracker" over Heathrow or Narita. neither am i impressed by the fact some aircraft can dive straight down from 10000 ft to 400m in a matter of minutes and suddenly pitch up at threshold , not very much unlike the moods of some women.

3. Have a Viewing Gallery mode, in which simmers who don't wish to fly , can have a good view of the arriving and departing aircraft. Somewhat a Tower view with a wider perspective.

but FS2004 is already showing a lot of good improvements to be fair .. pushback of AI traffic , multiple runway use , improved GPS.. it shows Microsoft is listening to its customers coz' these are some of the actual requests we gamers made !!

N6376M

Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:21 pm

Land an hold short clearances!

BTW - does anyone think that a MS developer might actually participate in this forum?

StarAC17

Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:19 pm

Gates at any major internatinal airport, G-max planes like that of Meljet and POSKY, real airlines, Airbus Jets, and most importantly the new runway at YYZ (which they didn't have in 2004) and T-new fully finished  Big thumbs up
    Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

Mir

Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:26 pm

My wish list:

BETTER ATC!!!:
    -Speed restrictions
    -ATC actually vectoring traffic around each other, not just reporting them.
    -SIDs and STARs
    -GET THE AI AIRCRAFT THE HECK OFF THE RUNWAY AFTER THEY LAND!!!!
    -on that note, space the aircraft on final properly, so that you don't get (as I did not too long ago), a string of about 20 planes, seemingly 100 feet apart, all go around in unison. This also means dividing traffic properly between the two runways. At EWR, for instance, most flights come from the west, and use 22R or 4L. What runway is closest to the terminal and thus gets all the departing flights? Why, 22R/4L of course. Massive traffic jamups! Meanwhile, the aircraft that land on 22L/4R can't cross to get to their gates because of all the traffic.
    -allow position and holds and runway crossings in the time that one aircraft has landed and another is waiting to take off.
    -use of two runways that intersect simultaneously
    -when you fly an approach, not have the approach control hand you off to tower when you are 40 miles out
    -(this would be really hard but really cool)Have a briefing thing before the flight where you file your flight plan, get clearance and weather for the trip, and possibly reroutes or holds for traffic or weather purposes
    -have flight service stations to provide weather information and forecasts enroute
    -allow reroutes around weather and bypassing waypoints while in flight

WEATHER IMPROVEMENTS:
    -more realistic fog
    -precipitation changes runway traction
    -snow buildup
    -less abrupt wind changes
    -wind at altitude forecasting
    -the ability to check current weather around the world, maybe using TAFs?
    -better looking clouds (like the ones from Fly!, that really looked as if you were flying through clouds instead of textures).

AIRCRAFT IMPROVEMENTS:
    -this is a big one, but does anyone remember Fly! panels? Those were amazing. Not everything worked, but wow did it make you feel like you were flying the real thing instead of a simulation. Make them like that. I'm not asking for every switch to work or every system to be exactly modeled, but just do what Fly! did and I'll be in heaven.
    -have strobe lights flash at different times for AI aircraft
    -more realistic ground handling

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS:
    -not have the simulator pause when you press Alt
    -give the logbook entries a bigger limit, a much bigger limit
    -bring back the Pro Version, and make it really good. Really really good. And feel free to charge a lot more for it. I'll pay. And I bet there are loads of devoted simmers who would say the same.

This is a big list, but I really do appreciate what MS did from 2002 to 2004, it's really great. The ATC list is so big because the real thing is so complex, not because MS did a bad job with it. Keep up the good work!!!

Mir
    7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

rb211

Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:32 am

Adjustable Jetways that recognize a/c. Static jetways don't look too cool especially when you have a 738 parked at an airport where all of the jetways are for 744's.
    Airline photography. Whether they're fully clothed, butt naked, having issues or confused I'm taking pictures!!

Georg

Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:37 am

Good topic!

Well, my wishes are:

- Sloping runways
    - Pushback trucks or other vehicles that can be connected with your plane
    New and more realistic panels would be nice, but they probably dont have time to do it, so lets leave this one as an extra option for MS  Smile/happy/getting dizzy.
    - Better offline ATC would be nice, but we probably cant expect this one too, lets just keep flying in VATSIM.
    - Better snowing effects

And a note for Mir: You can disable the automatic pause when you want to minimize FS. It can be selected in Options - > General menu if I remember correctly.
    NO URLS in signature

rb211

Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:11 am

Oh yeah, detail on tarmac or apron when it's wet, or accumulation of snow on ground and or scenery. Also exhaust effects on tarmac or apron when they're wet. (I.E. engine ehaust blowing water spray off of the tarmac or ramp or apron. I also like the idea of moving vehicles on roads around the major airports. Like maybe the top ten busiest, as well as a tug appearing in front of the a/c on pushback with animated wingwalkers and tug driver and the ability to control the direction of the pushback.You know, make it look as close to real as possible.

Airbus Lover

Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:35 pm

I say most improvement shldnt be on panel or anything those we can leave to the great freeware and shareware makers out there!

They should focus on realism and as realistic as possible. Emergencies would be fun. Or create missions for flights and some with emergencies and we have to do such and such to complete the mission etc. Cld be some failure or hijack or wateva.

NAV20

Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:44 pm

I would like some improvements in cockpit views, to get them closer to the real thing - a compromise between the 'panel view' and the 'virtual cockpit'.

As it is, approaching at a right-angle to the runway in a 'normal' circuit, and trying to judge the moment to begin your turn to to line up, you have the choice between pressing the 7 or 4 keys (which never give you the angle you want anyway) or going to 'virtual cockpit' and panning round (which means that you can't see most of the instruments).

Surely it isn't beyond the wit of man to couple the two features - so you can use the 'view key' on the joystick to 'pan' your view as you wish, in normal panel view?

On the same line, aeroplanes I have downloaded often have a 'landing view' that you can select, corresponding to a high seat position. This works well as, unlike the Microsoft version, it stays set; you can look to the side without the panel view 'defaulting' to the normal high position, so that you have to press 'Shift-Enter' again in a hurry if you want to see anything at all out the front.........
    "Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

tupozure

Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:44 pm

Airbridges at the airports and it would be wicked to have real-life situations such as performing airline routes with actual aircraft..such as EasyJet and having problems with keeping on time etc.

LFutia

Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:13 pm

to be able to go to the 'penalty box' and better ATC! and moving vehicles would be nice!
    Leo/ORD

flymia

Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:58 am

Well if there is not some major improvement i am just keeping FS9 because i have such great aricraft and add-ons for it now i dont want to have to go again and make download more things. I hope pay ware addons like DC-9 pro and 727 pro work with FS06! Well we will see. Also they have alot of aircraft in 04. well instead of going back to the normal what 11 planes keep the same amount but get rid of almost all the vintage. Put in 737-800 757 or 767 maybe 717. Or i would like to see MD-11 or DC-10. Also i think they should finally make the Dash-8 and MD-80 not only AI. and hopefully a 727 dc-9. And they are partners with Bombardia why not a CRJ.
    "It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

jhooper

Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:58 pm

1) more interactivity between the aircraft and the gates (i.e. the jetways hook up to the aircraft after parking, and a tug actually tows the aircraft out to the ramp).

2) a realistic FMS system (and I should be able to program it to shoot approaches to appropriate altitudes automatically).

3) more aircraft (i.e. 757, L1011)
    Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.