Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Airline Simulator

Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:11 am

Is there any program that I can download to simulate the running of an airline.. I know there was one with a link posted on here before but I can't remember the name of it!

Regards,

Milo

KLM777

RE: Airline Simulator

Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:56 am

Try http://www.airlinesimulation.com, it's not free, about 50 euro's if my memory serves me well. There are several threads here of people who think it's to easy, I've never played it so I cannot tell you.

A certain member of this site under the name of InnocuousFox is also working on his airlinesimulation: http://www.intrinsicalgorithm.com/, it looks quite promising...

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:51 am

Thanks.. but that's not it...

Any other known programmes?

Regards,

Milo

Shamrock_747

Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:28 pm

Is Airpro 2000 what you're looking for?

http://www.cruiseferry.de/airpro/

Akumas

Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:17 pm

Airline 5 is what you're looking for

aviationmaster

Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:30 pm

There used to be an online German airline management game called "Airlinesim" (www.airlinesim.de), it was closed down last August so that they could start their final version. No one knows when the final version is finished.

Akumas

Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:34 am

Well I'll keep an eye out on Airlinesim  Smile

DeltaMD11

Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:09 am

InnocuousFox---when is the planned release date for your sim? It looks awesome!

InnocuousFox

Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:49 am

We are meeting with major publishers at the Game Developers Conference in late March. We hope to secure some serious development funding ($400,000 - $700,000) to finish the product. The timeline on release would be a combination of how fast we can get the contract done, how fast we can get the rest of the programming done and how much money they are willing to throw at us. As it stands now, it may be early 2005. However, the result will be far better than if we were to finish it ourselves and self-publish over the internet or something.

Thank you for your comments and for asking.

Dave

(note to moderators: I am not selling anything; there is no product to sell. I am not promoting anything; there is no benefit to me in promoting. I am not spamming; this is not mass distribution of any information. I am not trolling for attention; my name was invoked twice in this thread. Just thought you would like to know.)

[Edited 2004-02-23 17:52:58]

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:53 am

AirPro 2000 that's it!

InnocuousFox

Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:00 am

"AirPro 2000 that's it!"

Oh brother...  Insane That thing is a disaster!

mirrodie

Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:01 pm

I am not selling anything; there is no product to sell. I am not promoting anything; there is no benefit to me in promoting. I am not spamming; this is not mass distribution of any information. I am not trolling for attention

Right, but you can talk rumors of the competition? Whatever  Insane

Continental

Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:25 pm

($400,000 - $700,000)

Holy flurking schnit!!!!!

InnocuousFox

Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:51 am

"($400,000 - $700,000)

Holy flurking schnit!!!!!"

That's a medium sized game's budget. A lot of the AAA titles on the shelves have teams of 30-50 people and cost many millions to produce.

"Right, but you can talk rumors of the competition? Whatever."

Rumors? I just quote what I see other people talking about... here, in other places, and in person to me. In fact, I don't even quote all of it because it may not be reliable. If I say anything at all, however, it is usually my own observations. *shrug*

ClassicLover

Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:33 pm

Hello again!

InnocuousFox wrote -

"However, the result will be far better than if we were to finish it ourselves and self-publish over the internet or something."

Let's hope so - because if it's not, you'll have a lot to answer for on these forums for your months of barbed comments about Airline 5.

I'm glad I bought Airline 5 - I almost didn't due to some of your comments. I'd hate to think how many others have been put off what I think is a great game by your comments.

Stay well,

Trent.

InnocuousFox

Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:43 am

A brief excerpt from our funding proposal document:

"Real Passengers
Real Priorities
Real Time
Real Weather"

I can't see how you can create an airline simulation without the above... can you?

ClassicLover

Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:48 am

Insane

How does your funding propsal document relate to my response?

Once again you're working true to form and making inferences that Airline 5 is not a good product.

I do like how you manage to convey that without saying it (at times), and also giving yourself some promotion at the same time. It's classy!

My question is -

Why are you doing your best to make people think Airline 5 is a bad game?

You're not saying it outright (all the time at least), but every time the game is mentioned on these forums, you always leap into the topic with a snide remark, a derogatory comment, or one of these - "How can anyone possibly sell a game with xx & x wrong with it  Insane"

If it -were- a bad game, I would be agreeing with you wholeheartedly, but since it's actually a very good game, I don't believe your constant comments are justified.

Best wishes,

Trent.

InnocuousFox

Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:28 pm

"How does your funding propsal document relate to my response?"

It was the specific quote that was of issue... not the source itself. It was in response to your comment "Let's hope so - because if it's not, you'll have a lot to answer for on these forums" The specific point being that I am addressing issues that no other airline simulation has touched on before... including the key one of actually mathematically ling passenger preferences and behavior. How Airline Simulation could have gone 5 versions without ing connecting passenger traffic, for example, is a tribute to how badly people want to play airline games. What happens in Airline Simulation when one single aircraft is 30 minutes late on a run due to a mechanical or weather delay? In the real world, it could be the beginning of a nightmare from a logistical standpoint and an annoyance from the passenger's point of view. In my understanding, Airline Simulation doesn't "passengers" or "minutes" and would, therefore, not be able to provide the player with one of the most common challenges facing an airline on a day to day basis. That is not "wrong" or "bad", just unfortunate.

"Why are you doing your best to make people think Airline 5 is a bad game?"

I'm not. I'm just saying that I don't think it is a complete game. I am also passing on information that I have received from many others that there are continual problems with it both technically and from a flawed design standpoint.

"If it -were- a bad game, I would be agreeing with you wholeheartedly, but since it's actually a very good game, I don't believe your constant comments are justified."

So... opinion vs. opinion = impass. I'm not sure what your point is here. You say that mine isn't valid since it doesn't match with yours? I find that conclusion rather tenuous at best.

Really, I don't care one way or the other if people like the game or not. In fact, it is actually quite helpful to me that there is a proven, rabid community of people interested in running simulated airlines. Given that premise, more power to Efzed. However, since the "wish list" of so many people who play airline games happens to read like my "feature list", that puts me in a comfortable position.

I wish Efzed well. We are going to be competing for slightly different markets - and being on thousands of game store shelves for $40-$50 compared to over the internet for $60-$70 gives me a decided advantage in certain demographics. In the end, I expect that many people will own both (such as those of us who took a fatal dive into the delightful "Airlines 2" from Globalstar!).

As a final note, one thing I find interesting is that there was a sudden influx of posters such as yourself who registered within days of each other and whose first set of posts was specifically in the various threads where Efzed's product and mine come up. Undercover shills perhaps? Just an observation.

Good luck, mates!

ClassicLover

Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:39 am

Hello again!

You do have valid points, and it's nice to see such a detailed response from you - it helps to clarify a lot of things!

Your point of view that you don't see it as a complete game is entirely valid from the perspective you're coming from.

People will of course own both - I intend on owning both myself.

The main issue I had with your posts was my perception (whether right or wrong) that you were constantly "putting down" Airline 5 at every turn. However, your response this time gives me a more complete picture as to where you're coming from - and I thank you for that!

I do believe Efzed sell in Australian dollars on the web site, so it would come out with a discount in US dollars for example - so the pricing is very similar - though I agree, store shelves versus Internet will mean a different market will be captured from the get go.

Finally, on your sudden influx of posters comment - I'd been wondering whether to join these forums or not since December. A blatant mistake on the Tenerife disaster thread in the main forum got me reading for my credit card and paying up so I could refute them. I am certainly just an owner of Airline 5 and have nothing to do with Efzed or any affiliated companies.

The reason I commented on your posts was solely as I noticed them coming up a lot when I was doing product research before buying - and what you said made me wonder whether I should purchase or not. As such, I took the first opportunity to comment once I was registered.  Smile

Cheers!!

Trent.