Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

komododx
Topic Author

Your FS9 Routings

Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:14 pm

Well I was just curious if some of you just do random flights with random airlines or actually have some sort of routing (ie BOS-LHR-AMS-FRA-etc. Chris, I know you definitely do this)

I personally do it myself. I also use real weather, airline and correct equipment, and I have a margin of error on the scheduled time of departure of about 5 mins (b/c I still don't know how to temporarily delete flights in UT)

Right now I am doing in the DTW-EWR portion of a set of flights I started that goes as follows:

TLH-ATL-MEM-DTW-EWR/JFK-AMS-FRA-MXP-CDG-... (I'm flying SkyTeam airlines at the time)

Also, do you only fly one particular airline/alliance? I used to fly only OneWorld (esp BA and AA), and as I said above now I'm flying on SkyTeam

SNB
I'm homeless and unemployed

N754AN

RE: Your FS9 Routings

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:05 pm

Quoting Komododx (reply 0):
Well I was just curious if some of you just do random flights with random airlines or actually have some sort of routing (ie BOS-LHR-AMS-FRA-etc. Chris, I know you definitely do this)

Hehe!

Yeah my list of flights done is saved in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format,
My first flight was back in July 2004 when I was a mere ameteur at the art of FS flying!

But my list includes pretty much the main details, Date, Airlines, Flt No, From, To, Sched Dep Time, Departure Gate, etc etc

I think I mustered up 298 flights in the year 2004 (from July), and for 2005 I have just landed in Kuwait which makes it 98 done now!

I love it!!

Chris
Fankoooooooo

bully707

Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:16 pm

Me personly, I don't like the scheduled flying...  Big grin
I am a freelance charter operator....ready to fly anywhere, anytime with the equipment at hand!!! ( I do admit I prefer old iron...with for JT3C/D or JT8 engines... ) Big grin

I would call myself an aviation-callboy....  Big grin

Godspeed

Bully
"That's the good thing about the 707...it can do anything, but read!" Joe Patroni, Airport '70

clrd2go

Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:01 am

I don't know if it's scheduled or not, but just completed a COS-SFO-SBA-DEN-COS trip, flying an ERJ 170 (United)

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

flymia

Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:20 am

I just fly flights for my VA. I used to just stay in MIA and than go out to different hubs on vacation time. But now I am just flying all over the place. Spend a few days here and maybe a week or two there. My last few weeks I flown in Alaska the Nortwest and HNL. the past two days I did, HNL-LAX-SFO-LAX-LAS-LAX-PHX-MXX. This weekend I will fly MXX-CMH-MIA. I just do flights that a never done before. I already been to every hub for my VA and all 7 continents. But my next flight is always from were I last left off.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

drerx7

Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:24 am

I do only scheduled flying--wherever I end up I take an actual route from that location and so on. If I end up in a place that is a veritbale dead end or I want to go to a city that doesn't have the route--I'll take a G.A. aircraft or biz jet. For example--I flew IAH-ACA on a CO733 then ACA-TIJ on an Aviacsa 73S. From there I took a IAI Westwind to ELP--then got on a WN733 (Shamu) to Hobby. I think next I may take an AirTran 717 hop to ATL.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

N754AN

Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:44 am

Quoting Drerx7 (reply 5):
do only scheduled flying--wherever I end up I take an actual route from that location and so on

Welcome to my world!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Laugh out loud

Chris
Fankoooooooo

FlyMKG

Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:51 am

I have been flying different scheduled flights recently with a WN 73G and a NW DC-9-14 I just downloaded and. I find that if I fly real routes with real planes I tend to fly out of airports I normally wouldn't go to. So far with these new planes I've done routes like AZO-DTW, DTW-MBS, LAS-GEG, and ONT-PHX just to name a few.

FlyMKG

ZKSUJ

Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:21 pm

Where ever my VA takes me

gg190

Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:00 pm

I curently flying the Lufthansa 'Round the world' cargo flight in an MD-11.

First part: (LH8400) FRA-ORD-HNL-AKL-MEL.
Second part: (LH8401) MEL-KUL-BKK-SHJ-FRA.

I am in the mid-atlantic heading for ORD.

I was inspired to do this flight by a thread in the civil aviation forum.

dreamer

Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:04 am

I try to fly routes I know are SAS routes, however I don't follow schedules, only equipment, and very well old routes in my Iron Knuckles DC-9.

I am not into being VA as I am at trying to do it like the pros do, I get my info from a real airliner pilot and it makes it more fun. I don't think just flying to make a hole in the sky is fun. So either do as you guys do, make it realistic with real weather, real traffic, real routes and so on. Currently I am too busy just learning to fly to worry about all that extra, maybe later!!
still dreaming after all these years