Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Holidaycharter
Topic Author

Airline 6 Sim

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:20 am

Anyone have this sim is it good worth getting? as im looking at getting a copy your input is apprieciated.

Thanking you in advance

Oliver

SkyvanMan

RE: Airline 6 Sim

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:00 am

I have played every Airline since V4 and I love them! Frank and his team are great at what they do and able to do what no big company has done. Airline really is the closest you can come ot runnign your own airline besides actually running an airline. If I were you I'd get it, but be warned the game is not necessarily easy, it does require some skill.
The 3 best planes of all time: Shorts Skyvan, 330 and 360

NZ107

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:32 pm

Quoting SkyvanMan (Reply 1):

Ditto that, although that the "skill" factor isn't necessary if you have brains. A few annoying run time errors but if they can be avoidable, the game is great.
It's all about the destination AND the journey.

deltaalpha

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:52 am

wait a couple of months to purchase it. It is so buggy that it is unplayable. Save your money. When it works its ok. Right now its sh%t.
Just my two cents.
DA
Common sense is not all that common

SkyvanMan

Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:47 pm

DA, the program will obviosuly be buggy if you don't know how to install it or try to do a bunch of other things in the backgroudn while the game is running. In my experience it is just as stable as most major commercia lreleases and when there are bugs Efzed releases patches for it. When you buy the game online you get 6 months of free update included.
The 3 best planes of all time: Shorts Skyvan, 330 and 360

deltaalpha

Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:36 am

I hate to completely disagree with you but I must take to task your statement. I have been installing their program for some years now. I am completely aware of how to install it. The problem lies in programing. I do not think that they put the time that they needed to into this product. Sometimes I get a vision of a singe person- Frank- sitting in his garage on the computer trying to do this himself and that the whole EFZED company doesn't really exist. I have many great programs from small company's that were fantastic. Including Airline. BUT this latest release is crap. Pure crap. I am so very disappointed in them that I find it hard to say anything nice. In the past few years the evolution of Airline has been fantastic. Right up to the last one. I will say in the end they get it right. But we are not at the end - yet.
DA
Common sense is not all that common

David L

Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:38 am

Well, I don't have it but I considered it until I saw this...
Airline 6.2 Release Date? (by Dellatorre May 29 2006 in Aviation Hobby)

Looks like a shocker.

frugalqxnwa

Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:05 pm

Airline 6.2 is the worst version yet, and it is the only one available anymore. The bugs are not from errors installing or running other programs in the background, it is from the apparent incompetance of EFZED. The game was over a year late in comming, we were told the game would not be released until it is ready, and it was released as completely unplayable due to programming errors that should have been resolved in testing. There have been 20, yes, 20 updates to the blasted thing and it still is completely unplayable. Save your money and wait at least six months and then only buy it if it is playable.

BTW, EFZED is apparently no longer communicating with customers about anything. The support pages in the members section of the website have not been updated to reflect the latest updates, there have been no newsletters, and the Airline forum is full of complaints about not getting a peep out of support after e-mailing them with a problem.

ZBA320

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:12 am

Save your money, unless you love buggy products or you buy Airline 6.1 (Google it) which was actually playable unlike 6.2. So far it's reached 19 patches and as previously mentioned is still unplayable unless you own a NASA Supercomputer but even then the game would take 5 minutes to load up....

Personally I think Efzed company is complete shambles and customer service is worst than Ryanair, now that is saying something! Airline 6.2 was the most delayed product I've known about and having tried it I find it not worth wasting your time with.
An Engineer made a bet that a 747 Gear wouldn't retract in a Hangar. He lost the bet.

Holidaycharter
Topic Author

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:15 am

Its interesting this one as i have just emailed airline and they say the 6.1 version is better and that 6.2 version is full of problems now if it is full of problems why sell it is that not ripping people off?

GSM763

Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:32 am

Quoting Holidaycharter (Reply 9):
Its interesting this one as i have just emailed airline and they say the 6.1 version is better and that 6.2 version is full of problems now if it is full of problems why sell it is that not ripping people off?

They are actually saying that!!! Now that's quite something to essentially say. The software we are selling to people at £27 a pop is full of bugs go and buy the one we made unavailable to download 4 months back. Airline is a great game in theory it's the execution that's the problem and they are suffering from "Windows ME syndorme" where far to much has been bolted on to a product that the game engine can't cope. Airline is in need of a total rewrite and only that can save EFZED now.