Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KPDX
Topic Author

Flightscenery's Kpdx To Be Released Soon!

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:12 am

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bouncy 
http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/...d=67d010c4b2a345bfb248ceefbad87691

Quote:
Hi all,

FlightZone 02 is almost ready for release. We'll be doing a last round of testing this week.

If all goes well, it should be on the virtual shelves right after this last check.

More news (and images) to come in the next few days, but to get it rolling, here's some images of the completed Pearson Field (KVUO),
a small airport located just a couple of miles from KPDX.

Hope you enjoy.

KPDX  Smile

gunsontheroof

RE: Flightscenery's Kpdx To Be Released Soon!

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:06 am

I'm pretty stoked for this to be released. Between this, FlyTampa's SEA and Vauchez's pending YVR and GEG, it's entirely possible that my FSX simming will be entirely confined to the skies of the Pacific Northwest.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

EA CO AS

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:43 pm

I'm still skeptical - I've been hearing about this impending release for a VERY long time.

Rest assured, I'll be getting it once it's available - but until then I won't get my hopes up.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

oli80

Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:55 am

Quoting KPDX (Thread starter):

Cheers for the update KPDX. I'll be getting this one for sure!

I have Misty Fjords, Vancouver+, Chelan Mula, Wenatchee-Skykomish and Fly tampa's Seattle and just love flying around the area in both civil and general aviation aircraft. KPDX will be a welcome addition. Can't wait!!

Cheers,

gunsontheroof

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:28 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 2):
I'm still skeptical - I've been hearing about this impending release for a VERY long time.

Rest assured, I'll be getting it once it's available - but until then I won't get my hopes up.

I can see your reasoning behind this, but developers generally don't say they're going to release something "next week" unless they really mean it. I'd expect to be buying this within a week or so.

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 4):
Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 2):

I can see your reasoning behind this, but developers generally don't say they're going to release something "next week" unless they really mean it. I'd expect to be buying this within a week or so.

I hope you're right! It's a safe bet that like you, a lot of my flying will be confined to the Pacific Northwest - especially because the KPDX scenery will nicely complement my FlyTampa KSEA and MegaScenery Pacific Northwest sceneries.

Add my Cloud 9 KLAX to the mix along with my SimFlyer's KPHX/MegaCity Phoenix/SimArt Phoenix sceneries and it'll be nothing but AS metal flying around the West for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Except for my occasional EA routes between KLGA, KATL, KMIA, etc...  Smile
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

KPDX
Topic Author

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:01 am

Yahhoooo!!!!!!!!!! http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=724

FlightScenery's Portland International Airport scenery is going to be released September 29th of this month! Big grin

KPDX  Smile

BAW076

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:59 am

Quoting KPDX (Reply 6):
September 29th of this month!

September of this month?  rotfl 
N754AN (x2), G-CPEL, G-MIDE, G-BPEC, G-BZHC, EI-DCH, LN-KKN, G-VIIW, G-BNLT, G-DBCA, G-MEDE, G-DBCE, G-MIDP.

KPDX
Topic Author

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:17 pm

Quoting BAW076 (Reply 7):
September of this month? rotfl 

Wow, I seem to be to excited to even type words!  rotfl 

KPDX  Smile

oli80

Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:42 pm

Quoting KPDX (Reply 6):
FlightScenery's Portland International Airport scenery is going to be released September 29th of this month!

This is good news. They must have posted this shortly after I went to bed last night, as I did check before.

This is the day I will be moving though, so I'll have to wait for a few days until I get my broadband reconnected and have the computer set up again.

KPDX
Topic Author

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:21 am

Its been released!  Smile Im about to start downloading!

KPDX  Smile

Mir

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:59 am

First report: absolutely kick-ass scenery. I've only flown the default 172 around with Fair Weather set (HIO-Portland-PDX-VUO), but frame rates are fine, and damn does it look nice.

Only one issue so far: the I-5 bridge seems to be missing (I think it's the I-5 bridge, it's just south of Downtown Portland).

Money very well spent, as far as I'm concerned. I'm almost convinced to get the Rhode Island scenery now - is the quality comparable?

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

KPDX
Topic Author

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:49 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 11):

Same here! What kind of Video Card do you have?

KPDX  Smile

Mir

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:58 am

Quoting KPDX (Reply 12):
What kind of Video Card do you have?

GeForce FX 5900XT, 128MB.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:24 pm

I only had a bit of time to play with it, but I was getting 30-35FPS around Portland, with 18-20FPS on the ground at KPDX. At first I was getting a whopping ONE FPS at KPDX, but it turned out to be a duplicated AFCAD I had neglected to delete that gummed everything up.

Great scenery - and yes, it's money well-spent! I have the PDX scenery working nicely with my Megascenery Pacific Northwest and FlyTampa KSEA, so I'll be doing LOTS of time in that neck of the woods!

steve110340

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:28 pm

I downloaded it last night it is great. I also have Rhode Island it is great also

Steve Big grin

gocaps16

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:15 pm

Payday here for me....so ater looking at the pictures, I was amazed. So, likely I'll end up buying this wonderful product. Also, can't wait til they release JAX...need a good JAX airport for 2004.

Kevin

gunsontheroof

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:59 am

For those of you that don't have this yet, it's really good. Save your juice money.

oli80

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:20 am

Glad the reviews are great!

Just have the internet up and running in the new place so will be downloading it shortly. No doubt I will be posting the same glowing reviews in the next day or so!  Wink

oli80

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:37 am

Well, as predicted, the scenery is absolutely fantastic!! I think this is about as good as it gets. It blows all the flytampa stuff out of the water IMHO.

gunsontheroof

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:47 am

Quoting Oli80 (Reply 19):
It blows all the flytampa stuff out of the water IMHO.

I think that's taking it a bit far...while I think Vauchez's sceneries have some nice features that would make Fly Tampa's sceneries better, I don't think the overall product is much more stunning in terms of visuals or performance. I get pretty much the same performance on the ground at PDX as I do at SEA, MDW or BOS, so I wouldn't go so far as to say the addition of 3D marshallers and wing walkers puts Flight Scenery's product light years ahead of Fly Tampa's. It's also a bit unfair to compare the two, as Flight Scenery's stuff covers large scenery areas and many airports, while Fly Tampa focuses only on one airport and its vicinity. That said, both developers are setting the bar higher for other developers in the FS world, and I'm looking forward to what they have coming up for us when FSX comes out.

oli80

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:10 am

I have Flytampa SFO, SEA and BOS, and I think that PDX is better than all of them. I know there are newer Flytampa ones out there (Vienna etc.), but I don't have them to compare it to.

Don't get me wrong, the ones I do have are great, it is just that I think PDX is better.

I am also disappointed to find out that Flighscenery.com will not be making YVR. I was really looking forward to it to compliment my Vancouver+ part 1 and the other sceneries I have bought in that area.

gunsontheroof

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:35 pm

Quoting Oli80 (Reply 21):

I am also disappointed to find out that Flighscenery.com will not be making YVR. I was really looking forward to it to compliment my Vancouver+ part 1 and the other sceneries I have bought in that area.

I too was pretty disappointed to hear this...maybe it's for the better though; if Flight Scenery did YVR (and GEG at that), I'd probably just be doing YVR-SEA-PDX-GEG hops for the rest of my FS career.