Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Skydoll
Topic Author

Airline Convention

Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:43 pm

I know there is one, I've heard people talking about it, but does anyone know when and where this usually happens? Any information would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has ever been, what is it like? I happened across a few older posts and it looks likes it's mostly simulator stuff. Would a Flight Attendant like it? I'd like to sell my cards, and I wouldn't mind looking for travel posters and wings. Is that the kind of convention it is???

HP

diamond

RE: Airline Convention

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:53 pm

If you're talking about one of the many airline memorabilia shows, it's quite a bit more than simulator stuff.

They usually involve 80 to 100 sellers who set up tables in a hotel meeting room and they sell almost everything related to commercial aviation.

Some examples are:

• models
  • post cards
  • photographs
  • crew wings
  • uniforms
  • airline advertising
  • airline art
  • logos & signs
  • airline china & silverware
  • emergency evacuation cards (logo'd)
  • airsickness bags (logo'd)
  • logbooks & maintenance manuals
  • registration dataplates

The shows are developed by a few different organizations, one of which is the World Airline Historical Society. You can find a schedule of all their upcoming shows by going to this link, and clicking on "show info."

http://www.wahsonline.com/
  •  
    isitsafenow

Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:42 pm

Go to Skyshirts.com

Then look at AIRLINER SHOWS on right......click on that..
    That should be a help to you.
    safe

FlyASAGuy2005

Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:41 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 1):

They're being hosted in Atlanta in October! And it's at the Delta headquarters to boot. I will be there!

Skydoll
    Topic Author

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:23 pm

I saw that there's going to be one in LA on Jan 28 at the Hacienda Hotel. I might check it out.

Heather

KL773ER

Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:07 am

Quoting Skydoll (Reply 4):
    I saw that there's going to be one in LA on Jan 28 at the Hacienda Hotel. I might check it out.

These conventions are great as it's like going into a candy shop. Frankly, I will have to save a lot of money as I will be buying a lot of things.  Smile

As for the Hacienda ... they'd be better off having it at the Double-Tree-LAX.

Happy flying,
    -KL

GSPSPOT

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:31 pm

I love collecting dishware, flatware & glasses from airlines that I've flown. (I've been known to purloin the occasional item while flying, too). I know, I'm a bad, bad man.....  Wink

spokemd

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:46 am

I'll be heading to LAX show. I'll likely be a kid in a candy store. Skydoll, KL or anyone else, I'll likely be wearing my AeroPeru or North Central shirt so say hello if you see me.

I managed to luck into being into being in Chicago for the one show last April and thank god for the ATM in the hotel lobby. I talked an Austrian friend into flying in for the Airliners International (AI) show when it was in Washington, DC in 2006 and we both managed to spend some money but got some items really cheap. Last year I managed to talk my daughter into accompanying me to the AI show in Kansas City. The nice part of the AI shows is that there is more than the collectibles shows - The AA maintenance tour and tarmac bus ride was great but the private tour of the Midwest Airlines jet was the highlight of the trip for both of us.

See you in LA

dacman

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:14 am

I'll be a the LAX Show as well, haven't missed one in 15 years, it's always a great time.

Michael
    (Dacman)
    LAX / LGB local