kimberlyRJ
Topic Author

When Did You Last Crash & Why?

Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:35 pm

New question

When did you last crash and why? I know some people just get bored and fly into a mountain or they don’t understand the lift and stall…

The last time I crashed was just over a year ago flying a Level-D Boeing 767-300ER (Monarch livery) flying from LGW to MCO thanks to an Air France Boeing 777 which hit me at FL330 I fall out the sky. Not happy!

So, when did you last fall from the FS sky? and why?

Kimberly.

jamesbuk

RE: When Did You Last Crash & Why?

Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Last crashed a few weeks ago at London Heathrow - I done a BA 777  silly  Was in a MD11 and it was reallllly bad weather and the new weather downloaded whilst I was flaring and the wind suddenly changed, it stalled the plane and I hit the ground very very hard! Haha!

Rgds --James--

P.s. glad to see we have a new avid simmer on this forum - we need them!
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

staralliance38

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:13 pm

I was flying a "Northrop Wing" into ORF. I didn't pay attention to the ATC and when I was landing, I see this little white thing on the end of the runway. Turns out, it was an A1 taking off and so there was a game of leap frog on the runway. I landed over the Lear jet and then it went over me! Then I swerved off the runway and crashed  Sad
Roar, lion, roar

UltimateDelta

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Last crash I had was at Dallas. i was using the World Travel 737-800. I was landing in a major thunderstorm and I encountered a microburst. The plane then was slammed down into the ground. This came the day after I watched a show about Delta 191 on The Weather Channel!
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

Glom

Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:29 pm

I smashed by ANA 77W into a stock 747. The 747 was just sitting across the runway, going no where. WTF was it doing that? I assumed it was a rendering error so rolled anyway.

Halcyon

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:32 am

Landing the CS 727 in Augusta GA. Wasn't really paying attention because of my friends and I looked over and I'd forgotten to pause it. Alas!

Also, nearly hit a flock of herons at 8500 feet today in real life. Big birds when they come within 50 feet of you.

cpd

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:35 am

Haven't had one that I can remember.

Closest call recently was on finals to Heathrow 27R - an A321 was on the runway when I needed to land!

I did a go-around. Not good because I was trying to replicate the Miami-London Concorde flight that one of the real-life pilots mentioned on here, and the remaining fuel wasn't very much.

I don't know exactly what would have been left in real life, but I only had about 14T left over. The second approach was uneventful - but I didn't have a lot of fuel left over. It helped that I did the flight with no passengers or cargo of any sort.

The other one I had was with the PMDG 747 (Wunala Dreaming) from London to Singapore. The plane kept on flying off-course for no reason at all, I kept it going and it was all going well, then later on nearing Singapore, one of the engines shutdown. I managed to start it again. But then, just as I was nearing the point to descend from FL390, FS ran out of memory.  Sad

Quoting Glom (Reply 4):
I smashed by ANA 77W into a stock 747. The 747 was just sitting across the runway, going no where. WTF was it doing that? I assumed it was a rendering error so rolled anyway.

Never think that, it happens in FS. After a while, FS will "zap" the plane, getting rid of it. It's especially funny when it happens at Heathrow, because you start to see huge lines of traffic building up.

[Edited 2008-03-22 03:35:37]

[Edited 2008-03-22 03:38:40]

jamesbaldwyn

Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Doing a bit of VFR in the Alps, flying inbetween the mountains, I took off and didn't get enough speed, pulled up anyway and stalled and fell off the top of the mountain.

As for Real GA. I was flying on my third solo and managed to S turn the landing.. wasn't fun, I was shitting it Big grin

9VSIO

Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:18 pm

I overcooked an aerobatic move in my IRIS T-6II and couldn't recover from the spin in time. If I knew how to eject, I would have.

Oh, and I accidentally deployed my ballistic 'chute on my Eaglesoft Cirrus as I didn't realise it was slaved to the spoiler function...
Me: (Lining up on final) I shall now select an aiming point. || Instructor: Well, I hope it's the runway...

ANITIX87

Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Crashed in FRA with my new LH CRJ-900. I reduced thrust too early on final approach because I was used to the A330 I'd been flying previously, and the plane went below its stall speed and landed about 50 meters short of the threshold at a -1200 fpm descent rate.

Not pretty.

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

csturdiv

Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Quoting 9VSIO (Reply 8):
Oh, and I accidentally deployed my ballistic 'chute on my Eaglesoft Cirrus as I didn't realise it was slaved to the spoiler function...

Reminds me of when I was playing Janes USAF. I was going through the flight lessons and doing the in air refueling lesson. I had to find the refueler and then hook up with him. I had a heck of a time finding him, so I enabled my heat seeking air-to-air missiles and locked on to him. I kicked in the afterburners and took off towards him. As I approached, I reduced throttle but was still going to fast. Being used to my joystick buttons in FS, I thought I was deploying the speed brakes, but I actually fired the missile instead. Shot down the plane, the instructor yelled at me and I failed the lesson.
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

ag92

Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Boeing 747 in FSX, just went into a freefall. Don't know why though

Regards

Cadet57

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:11 pm

PMDG 1900D while trying to land at BOS 4L. I was on approach when I spotted some traffic. I banked hard and lost control right at the runway edge. right wing clipped and I went inverted.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

metroliner

Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:39 pm

Just dunked a 737 into the water at St. Barts again... I swear it must be possible!

Beer + FS... best combination ever...  Smile
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun

cptspeaking

Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:29 am

I was goofing off the other day trying to see what the lowest altitude was that I could cut the engine and make it back to the runway...

At my flight school, we teach that below 1000 feet AGL in a engine-out scenario to land somewhere straight ahead, otherwise return to the runway...I wanted to test and see exactly how low it would be possible  Smile

I ended up making it once climbing out at Vy and cutting the engine off at 300AGL and then making a hammerhead back around to the runway...I came up short and nailed a tree when I tried at 250' though  biggrin 

It's been a REALLY long time - well over 2 years - since I crashed one and didn't mean to...especially a jet...
...and don't call me Shirley!!

jamesbaldwyn

Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:41 am

Quoting Metroliner (Reply 13):
Just dunked a 737 into the water at St. Barts again... I swear it must be possible!

I've done it before! Big grin I was sober so that might be why.

PlymSpotter

Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Last time was around Christmas, on final to EXT in a KLM F70 and my joystick jammed. Landed heavily half on and half off the runway, and that was the last time I played FS as I haven't bought another stick yet...

Dan  Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

kimberlyRJ
Topic Author

Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:46 pm

Hey

Think the most realistic crash I never had was when I was taking off from LGW in a Britannia Airways Boeing 767-200ER.

Was on real life weather, really bad fog and visibility was around half a mile. I was waiting for the hold point when a BA Boeing 777 landed. I was told to enter runway and hold as the Boeing 777 went into the fog and disappeared.

About a minute later ATC cleared me for take off and at just 120kts, 15kts from VR I saw the tail of the B777 on the left of the runway.

I rotated and applied max thrust to both engines and tried turning to the right as much as possible, the B767 climbed to around 10ft and then the left wing hit the tail of the B777 and smoke pored from the left wing. The aircraft carried on for about 1000ft along the runway but refused to climb.

The left wing suddenly dropped uncontrollably and hit on the left wing with nose down as well!

If flight sim could have modeled it I think quite a lot of the aircraft would have hit the domestic area of the South Terminal – not good!

Since then I tend to be over cautious when foggy conditions, even when they are with in limitation…

I had a really close near miss when flying a PMDG from B744 from LGW to JFK. Before take off at LGW the nice Vatsim ATC controller said the weather in JFK was horrid – something I had noted already using active sky (6.5)…

After a smooth flight I started my PLYMM4 STAR into JFK and was faced with a massive amount of clouds and turbulence which was out of this world. Other Vatsim traffic was behind me and I decided to make a final approach onto runway 13. The amount of turbulence was too much for a safe landing and the visibility had dropped way below minimums. I did a go around with maximum power and went to a holding pattern.

Four other aircraft tried to land while I was holding, two of which dropped before making it to the runway, the third managed to land but hit so hard the gear gave way and he crashed.

After 25 minutes of holding I re started my approach into runway 13 and while there was heavy rain and lighting ahead of me, it was miles away from the field (JFK). After a bumpy approach and a hard ish landing I made it.

Just shows even on flight sim Mother Nature still has full control of what’s going on!

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 1):
P.s. glad to see we have a new avid simmer on this forum - we need them!

I totally agree we need more FS topics in this hobby forum! Even though I spend my working life in the air with British Airways I totally enjoy FS as well, always in real time of course  Wink

Kimberly.

extspotter

Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Last time I had a bit of an incident was on Vatsim, during the Cross the Pond (Spring 07) event. Most people were in 767s and 747s and had come from New York and Boston, but there were some more people joining from Glasgow, Manchester and Dublin especially. I was in my 738 coming out of Dublin, I had loaded enough fuel for 1.5hrs + 1hr leeway. Anyway, take off from Dublin and head towards Wallasey. It took me 15 mins to reach there was held in a pattern at WAL for 20 mins, before cruising on for another 10, where I was brought into another holding pattern at HON for another 25 mins. After another 10 min cruise, I reached Bovington, where a temporary hold had been created for the event, with people entering at 12000 and leaving at 7000. I reached there hoping that it wouldn't be a long time because my fuel use was quite high as we were quite low. Anywho, I did the noob thing and started to circle in the wrong direction (Clockwise, not anti-clockwise), which wasted another few mins and put me further back in the queue. After 40 mins in the pattern, I was sent to EGLL_APP, where I announced that I only had 20 - 25mins before I would completely run out of fuel. I was #7 on approach and was keeping reasonable separation, until about 2 miles out, where a noob (in his concorde - noob plane) behind me decided that he couldn't be bothered waiting and declared emergency, meaning that I had to go around because I may have hindered his landing. By this time I only had about 10-15 mins left of fuel, and was proceeding back towards the start of the ILS and reclimbing to 4000ft, luckily, I was slotted in about 1/2 way down it, but because I was very high up still, at about 4000ft where normal decent would have taken down to 2000ft, I couldnt decend fast enough without making the runway and keep separation with the guy ahead, so I went around again. Whilst climbing out again, I got a horrible suprise. Both engines stopping, from fuel starvation, who'd a thunk it. I declared emergency and was put behind a 744 with a few miles extra gap so that I could avoid him. However, with the loss of power, the 737 was getting faster and faster and I wasn't finding it easy to slow down and descend without going overspeed or stalling. I touched down at 227kts, lol. and after narrowly avoiding the 744 on 27L, proceeded to overshoot the runway a good 50 yards. I felt such a noob and then disconnected in shame. Lol.

[Edited 2008-03-23 09:35:12]
AF BE BY FR MV PD SZ U2 VZ DHC6, 8-3/4Q, 732/8, 763ER, A319, A380

kimberlyRJ
Topic Author

Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:47 pm

Hey

It shows that some people don't play fair on Vatsim and it throws everything into madness!

Real aircraft have emergencies, so can FS aircraft  Wink

Kimberly.

Ps Sound like you did a great job getting her down and I am guessing evacuating the pax  Smile

flyboyseven

Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:51 am

My last time I was coming into Honolulu after taking off from LAX to SYD. I decided it would be a good idea to sleep sometime so I had a "single enging faliure". I turned and went on to Honolulu and was on short final and out of the dark and fog I saw lights of a 737 turning onto the runway I was landing on. I went to go around but with at max landing weight and only on 3 engines 747-400Fs dont really like to climb all of a sudden. I went over the fuselage of the 737 and hit the runway hard but not to hard. I decided to try and stop so I got as dirty as you can get a 744. As I was passing about 65kt I got smashed into by the stupid 737. That was dumb.

Not very exiting but what can you do.

Graham
As long as the number of take-offs equals the number of landings...you're doing fine.

NWA742

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:51 am

Never crashed unintentionally in FS - recently however I set the thrust factor in the aircraft.cfg on the default 747 to be 150x what it should be. I then took the 747 and flew it straight up into space. Got to 600000+ feet, lost all control, and just floated around for awhile.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

jetmatt777

Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:39 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 21):
Got to 600000+ feet, lost all control, and just floated around for awhile.

That's odd since the limit in FS 99,999.99 feet.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

9VSIO

Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:31 am

Is it really still only 99K in FSX? Coz that would render that shuttle add-on by just flight pretty useless (I heard it was closer to 800K, but never really took an interest - the highest I've intentionally been is FL510 in FS)
Me: (Lining up on final) I shall now select an aiming point. || Instructor: Well, I hope it's the runway...

UA772IAD

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:39 am

Back in November, an A320 into LAX. I hadn't updated my joystick software in a while and the damned thing had a tendency to move eratically. I could have the throttles at idle, and all of a sudden out of nowhere- full power. In this particular case, I was on short final, perhaps 500 feet up, coming into 24R from SFO. Autothrottles are engaged, and being that this is a Feelthere Airbus, "landing mode" is engaged. Out of nowhere, the stupid throttles cut to idle and I come down hard 100 yards short of the runway.

Because I fly primarily long haul, I'm glad this didn't happen to me on one of my usual flights, like SFO-ICN.

jamman

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:53 am

The only times I've fallen out of the sky have been when I've been on accelerated time crossing the Atlantic, its like I hit something and autopilot disengages and I go diving into the drink.
I've recently done this trip in real time in FS and it was a perfect flight!

I had some interesting experiments back when I first started flight simming but I don't count those as actual crashes  Wink
Phoning it in from a place with no phones.

super737

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:42 pm

This morning when I was flying my wilco 737 from BFS-LHR. Left it on LNAV/VNAV to get something to eat and came back when it was nosediving just past the IOM at a speed of 530KNTs into the Irish Sea  hissyfit  Although it only ever does this during real world weather!!!

My worst other crash came at 4:30 in the morning after a night out turns out that 737s aren't the greatest at going into LCY at 326 Knots  tombstone 
If its not a super tractor its not a plane

kimberlyRJ
Topic Author

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Hey

Dont think anything going into LCY at 326kts is a good thing! lol

Kimberly.

Super80DFW

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:12 pm

I just came in too hard at CDG in an AF 777-300ER from Martinique. It really was a hard landing, I don't know why. I guess I didn't flare enough!
EAT'EM UP EAT'EM UP KSU!!

kimberlyRJ
Topic Author

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Hello

Quoting Super80DFW (Reply 28):
I just came in too hard at CDG in an AF 777-300ER from Martinique. It really was a hard landing, I don't know why. I guess I didn't flare enough!

As a well seasoned crew member I can tell you not all landings are perfect and sometimes they are hard, other times they are extremely hard – it can’t be helped (sometimes)…

Did you manage to taxi off the runway to the stand?

Kimberly

Super80DFW

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:43 pm

Quoting Kimberlyrj (Reply 29):
Did you manage to taxi off the runway to the stand?

Yes. FS9 didn't pause and reset with the crash message, but it should have! I had to apologize to all of the passengers and give them free tickets. Big grin

I guess if you want to know a REAL crash that I had, I landed in the ocean short of SXM's runway! I was making a total free hand landing, no Autopilot used at all! I stalled just off the beach, and well, the passengers got to swim before they disembarked from the plane!
EAT'EM UP EAT'EM UP KSU!!

UA772IAD

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:49 am

Quoting Super737 (Reply 26):
My worst other crash came at 4:30 in the morning after a night out

Ugghh, been there done that too. Landing a 747 while drunk is certainly entertaining, especially when you firmly make contact with the runway. Although I get dizzy watching if I'm a bit too inebriated.

Quoting Super80DFW (Reply 28):

Been there too! In most cases this occurred before I got a new computer and my graphics were "choppy" on complex add ons, like MegaFrankfurt. Since the upgrade though, I manage to keep it below -350 ft/min.

A question for you fellow pilots:

I know that it is essential to trim for landing, at least in Boeings (since Airbus does it automatically), but when do you increase or decrease the trim? For me, its usually below 500' AGL to the flare (progressive nose up trim and pressing the joystick from neutrall to slightly forward or back). Is there a proper technique for trimming? Should it be adjusted so close to the ground? Like I said, most of my landings range between -80 and -350 feet/minute (kiss to "normal").

jamesbuk

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:26 am

Quoting UA772IAD (Reply 31):

I know that it is essential to trim for landing, at least in Boeings (since Airbus does it automatically), but when do you increase or decrease the trim? For me, its usually below 500' AGL to the flare (progressive nose up trim and pressing the joystick from neutrall to slightly forward or back). Is there a proper technique for trimming? Should it be adjusted so close to the ground? Like I said, most of my landings range between -80 and -350 feet/minute (kiss to "normal").

I do my landings as I feel comfortable at the time. Often I trim nose up more each time I bring a stage of flaps out as the flaps lower the nose and often can decrease the descent rate. Also just as I go over the threshold I give the plane a quick hit of thrust before landing as it often smooths it out a bit. Probably not how the commercials do it in real life but hell its only a sim  silly 

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

cptspeaking

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:29 pm

Quoting UA772IAD (Reply 31):
A question for you fellow pilots:

Trim is supposed to be used to relieve pressure on the controls, which in turn lessens the effort needed by the pilot to control the plane. When I'm flying around in real life, I'm constantly messing with the trim until I get it just right, and then its a matter of using my thumb and index finger on the yoke to make small corrections. I'm constantly telling my students that trim is your best friend in the airplane - besides me  Smile. I'll demonstrate its effectiveness by getting the plane all trimmed out and then sitting there with my arms crossed and we'll fly perfectly straight and level. Then I'll start some turns with slight rudder pressure, and maybe even some climbs, descents, and level offs by leaning forward and backward or changing the power setting. All without laying a finger on the yoke.

For landing, you want to do the same thing...trim out the pressure so that the airplane will stay on glidepath and airspeed with no steady pressure on the controls. Sometimes, depending on which airplane I'm flying and how I know it behaves in the flare, I'll help myself out a little and keep the plane trimmed just slightly up (keeping slight forward pressure on the joystick), so that when I go to flare, not as much control input is needed...the airplane wants to do it on it's own.

Your CptSpeaking

Zuluaviator994

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:27 pm

Everybody seems to have a good story, so I guess I will tell mine.
The Last time I crashed was when I first got my PSS 777.
I was doing a 'familiarization' flight between Chicago and Los Angeles, and upon landing, I slid off the end of the Runway because I didn't know the correct AutoBrake settings, which was unfortunate at the time. lol
Turns out that was one of only a few crashed I have had.
Just Wondering, who is an actual pilot here that flys FS?
Regards
If Speed is life, Altitude is life insurance. No one has ever collided with the sky.

cptspeaking

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:21 am

Quoting ZuluAviator994 (Reply 34):

wave 

wilco737

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:57 am

wave 

WILCO737 (MD11F)
 airplane 

Mir

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:07 am

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 22):
That's odd since the limit in FS 99,999.99 feet.

In FS9 it is. In FSX it's much higher.

wave 

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

UA772IAD

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 am

Thanks for the reply guys, I'll give your suggestions on my next flight. Typically, I fly wide-bodies, PMDG 747, PSS777 and Level D 767.

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 32):
Also just as I go over the threshold I give the plane a quick hit of thrust before landing as it often smooths it out a bit. Probably not how the commercials do it in real life but hell its only a sim silly

Rgds --James--

Typically what I do, as per the PMDG 747 Bible, is keep my authothrottle engaged until 50 feet AGL, then retarding to idle. I should really practise manual throttles on approach though.

9VSIO

Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:31 pm

wave   half  Student pilot....That counts, right?

csturdiv

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:49 pm

I had my first incident in a while last night. Last night I flew an IL-76 from Melbourne, Australia to a Russian science research center in Antarctica and over ran the runway after landing. Even with reverse thrusters I could not slow down, it was like I was on ice, even though FSNavigator said the runway was not.
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

kimberlyRJ
Topic Author

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Hello

Quoting UA772IAD (Reply 38):
Typically what I do, as per the PMDG 747 Bible, is keep my authothrottle engaged until 50 feet AGL, then retarding to idle. I should really practise manual throttles on approach though.

I used to be much the same using A/T and sometimes full auto land but these days 9 times out of 10 I am doing a full manual landing, unless there are weather issues etc

Kimberly.

flyboyseven

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:19 pm

I am a glider pilot and will almost certainly become private pilot this summer

Graham
As long as the number of take-offs equals the number of landings...you're doing fine.

super737

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:28 am

flew BFS-AMS last nite in my wilco 733 as an easyjet. 30 minutes out and checked my FMC and seen I was on RSV FUEL!!! Diverted to EHKD and approached too fast and of course overran into a tree  cry 
If its not a super tractor its not a plane

9VSIO

Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:08 am

Try this one for size:
Take off with a plane of your choice from KTTS (NASA Shuttle Landing Facility). Do a high performance take off, fly a few feet off the ground till you reach either the red line or the end of the runway, then pull up into vertical flight and see how you go.

Was doing this with the default F-18 on FSX, reached 51,000ft++  Smile Then I switched to a T-6II, and only made it up to about 3000ft before I lost control completely, entered a spin, and couldn't recover at all. Despite me trying every trick I know.

But seriously, you should try this sort of take offs, they're rather fun!

UltimateDelta

Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 am

My new latest was that I hit a firetruck taxiing out at ATL going to RDU because it was crossing 8R just as i was taking off. Fortunately I had the damage set to off, so it didn't affect me. It was still vexing, though.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

B747forever

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:38 am

Last crash for me was 3days ago I think. I flew from LAX to JFK. At JFK is was a really thick mist, couldnt see anything. Was on final approach to rwy 13L. Then all of sudden I saw a fence some few meters in front of me. I never maneged to avoid at, and bang, I crashed.
Work Hard, Fly Right

United_fan

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:51 pm

I was on short-finals for OGG in a HA 717,and the add-on scenery turned my PC into a slide-show. I was only getting 3fps,so it was a mess....
"Suspicion is a matter of opinion"

B747forever

Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Quoting United_Fan (Reply 47):
and the add-on scenery turned my PC into a slide-show. I was only getting 3fps,so it was a mess....

That happens me often, actually. Really annoying
Work Hard, Fly Right

wilco737

Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:57 am

Wow, lot of crashes out there Thank god it's just FS and not the real life

My last crash is already a long time ago! It was when I was trying to land the 744 on the aircraft carrier near the coast of SFO... I needed a few attempts until I finally made it
But no other crashes for a long time

WILCO737 (MD11F)

[Edited 2008-04-15 22:59:39]