Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Topic Author

My Article Got Published On Airliners Mag!

Thu May 08, 2008 12:22 am

Hey guys,

Well, this is something I've been waiting to happen for most of my conscious life... I started collecting aviation magazines since I was 5 years old and always dreamed to have pictures published (which has happened in the past, happily) and now finally an article! This is sort of a dream come true and a nice start on a hobby I really enjoy, Aviation Journalism.

It was published on the most recent issue (111) of Airliners Magazine and it's about Aviacsa. I had 5 pictures published as well within the article and is 5 pages long!

It starts on page 26.

Sorry if this thread is a bit cheesy but considering I spend loads of time reading the forum and sharing stuff with you, I thought it'd be appropriate.

Here's a picture of when I first went to the book store and saw it on the shelves.

If any of you want to read it, comments and critics are very much appreciated.

Thanks you all,

Enrique

pl4nekr4zy

RE: My Article Got Published On Airliners Mag!

Thu May 08, 2008 1:33 am

Congrats man! That's a nice accomplishment and it must feel good. I always enjoy reading Airliners and the likes; I'll try to pick this one up and read your article.  wave 

UltimateDelta

Thu May 08, 2008 1:51 am

Nice! I got that issue a few weeks ago, and I was wondering who took the pics, because I thought they were really good. Congratulations. Hope you get some more published in the future! The article was really fascinating. Again, congrats.

trekster

Thu May 08, 2008 4:51 am

I think you should ask the mag for a share of the profits as posting on here that you have an article published in the mag means sales may go up a bit lol. If I see the mag here in the UK will def pick up a copy.

Congrats  Smile

levent

Thu May 08, 2008 6:05 am

Well done and congratulations! It's a great feeling to see your first article with your own pictures published in an aviation magazine. I've been published in Airports of the World, Airliner World, Airliners, Airways and Piloot & Vliegtuig. Once you're in, you'll see that it will be easier (and more rewarding even) to have more articles published, and in the process you really build up a good relationship with the editors.

jamesbaldwyn

Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 am

I had a drawing I made published in the Beano when I was younger  snooty 

Glad to see you've achieved your aim  Smile

I only buy Todays Pilot as I'm more interested in GA.

Tommy Mogren

Thu May 08, 2008 11:36 am

Congratulations Enrique.

Good job. Keep it up.

Tommy Mogren

KPWM

Thu May 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Congratulations. I found that article very interesting. It was one of the better ones I've read in a while. Very good pictures too. I look forward to your next one!

Regards,
-KPWM

Topic Author

Thu May 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for your comments, it's an amazing feeling to receive some feedback from the gig. I never thought so many people would read the article, and seems like Airliners is pretty important around the world.

I'll try and keep going forward on this cool hobby and publish a lot more, like Levent mentioned above.

Quoting Trekster (Reply 3):
I think you should ask the mag for a share of the profits as posting on here that you have an article published in the mag means sales may go up a bit lol. If I see the mag here in the UK will def pick up a copy.

LOL, I'd get smashed if I did that, but having it published is rewarding enough to me!

Quoting UltimateDelta (Reply 2):
Nice! I got that issue a few weeks ago, and I was wondering who took the pics, because I thought they were really good.

Thanks! I took many more but they wouldn't fit in!

Thanks again!

Enrique

FlyboyOz

Fri May 09, 2008 3:14 am

Congratulations mate! My friend has his photos in the airliners magazine. I met a guy who is an editor of the Australian Aviation magazine.

jetmatt777

Fri May 09, 2008 4:10 am

Congrats man, I'll read the article tomorrow.

Keep posting articles man, if you can do it once you can do it twice, and so on and so forth.

-Matt

mirrodie

Fri May 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Congrats! It's a nice feeling.

I had my 1st pair of photos published in their last issue.

And I've been carrying around this green issues for the past few weeks but havent had a chance ot read it yet. I'll have a look on sunday when I'm inflight on the way to SXM  Smile

WA707atMSP

Sat May 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Enrique,

Congratulations on your article.

I've been a subscrber to Airliners since issue #1 was published 20 years ago. I thought your article was one of the better articles that have appeared in Airliners in recent years.

Many transportation libraries around the world subscribe to Airliners. In the future, if an aviation historian is researching the Mexican airline industry, he or she will refer to your article!

FlyboyOz

Sun May 11, 2008 1:04 am

How long did you reasearch the airline stuff for your article? How did you come up with your idea?

isitsafenow

Sun May 11, 2008 4:41 pm

I read it. Good for you....and Congrats.  cloudnine 
safe

Topic Author

Mon May 12, 2008 7:13 pm

Quoting WA707atMSP (Reply 12):
I've been a subscrber to Airliners since issue #1 was published 20 years ago. I thought your article was one of the better articles that have appeared in Airliners in recent years.

Woah that's a lot to say! Thank you!

Quoting FlyboyOz (Reply 13):
How long did you reasearch the airline stuff for your article? How did you come up with your idea?

I have a friend that works in Aviacsa and gave me access to the information that was shown in the article and Airliners was interested in the airline for some reason...

Thanks you all!

dispatchguy

Thu May 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Congrats

I flew on Aviacsa MEX-CUN back in 4/03 on XA-TIK, a B737-200.

Decent ride; cute flight attendants  Smile