Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

horvik89
Topic Author

Wing Views Help FS9

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi All!

I need help with something, usually in FS9 you can after the cockpit view go to a non-cockpit view and turn around and see the wing, also by clicking CTR-ENTER etc. move the camera around. What i want to know, is that it will only go to a certain limit of the wing, it wont go all the way back so i can get a view behind the wing?

I want to see from behind the wing, how is this possible?

Thanks for all answer, greatly appreciate it!
"Work Hard, Fly Right" - Continental Forever

klm672

RE: Wing Views Help FS9

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm

I take it you are using active camera? There is a download avaiblie for aircraft called "Ultimate Wing Views" Where you can get a 6 wing views (3 per side). Search on Avsim.com

richiemo

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Horvik - I have a really good one. It's an A320 panel but I use it on all aircraft. It comes pre-set with seats right behind the wing (at least set that way for the A320.) But the beauty is you can adjust it to any "row" on the plane you want. Next to the engine, behind the wing, really FAR behind the wing, etc. Then you just your toggle button to choose the three different view options. You don't even need the keypad, which makes it helpful viewing during takeoffs andlanding. And you can adjust the view up or down, side to side. It changed my entire sim experience. Flightsim.com has it I believe, first one that pops up for 2004 panel search, A320. It's by Ken Mitchell. If no luck, let me know how to email one to you.

klm672

Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Richiemo-- Are they Flight Sim wings as well? In other words, when you put the flaps down, can you see them going down or is it just a cut/paste wing from a photo?

richiemo

Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:23 pm

KLM, you see everything, flaps, spoilers. They move...you see them. Reverse thrust, you see it.

klm672

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:57 pm

ok good!! I'll check them out. I know I am not the OP but this was very helpful for me.

LASoctoberB6

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:29 am

Quoting Richiemo (Reply 2):
Horvik - I have a really good one. It's an A320 panel but I use it on all aircraft. It comes pre-set with seats right behind the wing (at least set that way for the A320.) But the beauty is you can adjust it to any "row" on the plane you want. Next to the engine, behind the wing, really FAR behind the wing, etc. Then you just your toggle button to choose the three different view options. You don't even need the keypad, which makes it helpful viewing during takeoffs andlanding. And you can adjust the view up or down, side to side. It changed my entire sim experience. Flightsim.com has it I believe, first one that pops up for 2004 panel search, A320. It's by Ken Mitchell. If no luck, let me know how to email one to you.

The only reason I don't like using that panel is the CRS and SPD and ALT buttons get stuck on 10 or 100 when you want one digit move..
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

horvik89
Topic Author

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:12 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH RICH!
"Work Hard, Fly Right" - Continental Forever

richiemo

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:10 pm

Horvik - Did it work? Can't imagine simming without it. Remember, if you want to move the row, just go into the panel config in the panel folder (need notepad to open it) There are three window views under [views]. "View_rear_right_windows=34, "view_rear_windows_33", and "view_rear_left_window=32. The last number in the third row under each window, which likely is a negative number.. Change that and you change the row you're in. I make multiple and save them in my docs file. Have one by the engine, one aft the wing etc. The last number in the fourth row is the angle you"re viewing (e.g. 90 degrees if looking right). The second number in the third row is the height of the window relative to the ground, and the first number in the fourth line is the degree you want to look up or down. You can play around with any combo. Takes awhile but worth it. Last hint. If you want to get rid of the actual window casing texture and have a full screen wing or engine view, toggle further down in the panel config and you'll see [fixed window 33, 32 and 34]. there is a line for window size. I change mine to 1.500, 1.500. It basically removes the window casing or makesit very small in the top left corner depending on the size of your screen. The casing does provide realism, but I removed mine so I had a full screen view of the scenery. Good luck.