Glom
Topic Author

ATC Game For IPhone

Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 am

The setup is you have a small sector mostly around an airport. Aircraft may enter the sector by either flying in from the edges or taking off from the departure runways. You need to get them to their destination, which is either one of the landing runways or one of the cardinal compass points at the edge of the sector. You do this by tracing a course for them. Of course, you have to make sure they don't hit each other or fly off the edge of the screen in the wrong place.

To complicate things, there are multiple things that could impair your visibility such as cloud, which obscures the aircraft, night, which makes them harder to see and snow which also makes them harder to see. There is also the possibility of an ATC computer crash which mucks up the waypoints causing all the aircraft to act like they're drunk. Strong winds sometimes come in to play, which causes aircraft courses to drift. Sometimes, you also have a mix of single engines, airliners and fast jets, which travel at different speeds.

It's well worth 59p anyway.

nighthawk

RE: ATC Game For IPhone

Fri May 28, 2010 12:04 pm

It would be handy if you told us what it was called.....  

Glom
Topic Author

Fri May 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Quoting nighthawk (Reply 1):
It would be handy if you told us what it was called.....  

It's called ATC.

I'm struggling hard with level 26 because it is high winds and I've just realised that it occasionally causes aircraft to completely change direction randomly. Plus, the aircraft are coming in fast.

[Edited 2010-05-28 05:33:59]

BA777

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Called Air Traffic Controller 4

N776AU

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:53 am

I live the game. I've gone through and beaten all the levels, and now I'm just trying to see how high I can get in survival mode. So far I'm just a shade over 100,000.
Careful, doors are closing, and will not reopen. Please wait for the next train.

flymia

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:01 am

I have the free version on my IPOD. I must say Airport mania is a lot of fun. Gave me hours of entertainment and I still play it once in a while even after I beat the game. Great for delays, or long haul flights.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

CharlieEd

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi, I've just downloaded AirlineFinder from the App stone on iTunes. It's a great reference guide to over 700 of the worlds airlines. If you know of anything similar please let me know.
regards
Charlie

CharlieEd

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Yes, ATC is a great game, it looks even better on the iPhone4!
I've just downloaded AirlineFinder from the App store. It's a great reference guide to over 700 of the worlds airlines. Take a look. If you know of anything similar please let me know.
regards
Charlie

Natesantiago88

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:07 pm

Are any of these apps good for blackberry phones?

flymia

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:42 am

Quoting natesantiago88 (Reply 8):
Are any of these apps good for blackberry phones?

Dont think so, I have a blackberry for a I-touch I-Pod so best of both worlds IMO. There is a EB6 app for the blackberry thats the only aviation app I have ever seen on a blackberry.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)