Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NAV20

RE: Microsoft Flight, More Information Out!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Quoting wilco737 (Reply 99):
FS Flight is different to FS9 and FSX. I am beta tester and have it here at home and used it couple of times.
Quoting wilco737 (Reply 99):
I cannot really say much about it, had to agree to the strict policy there

Hope I don't land you in trouble, wilco737 - but, since I expect that you are an 'FS addict' like the rest of us, only having used FS Flight 'a couple of times' appears to say it all.........  

I've had a look at it too. Has no attraction at all to me, in its present form.....

[Edited 2012-01-09 04:44:11]
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

wilco737

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Quoting NAV20 (Reply 100):
Hope I don't land you in trouble, wilco737 - but, since I expect that you are an 'FS addict' like the rest of us, only having used FS Flight 'a couple of times' appears to say it all.........  

no, you got me wrong here. I only have it 2 or 3 days now and I have trouble signing in with my windows live ID, so I cannot use all the features yet...

My time where I used FS every day are over  I am still on FS9, I bought the FSX, tried it and didn't like it too much. I guess I will stick to FS9 for quite some time.

Once I have discovered all the features of FS Flight, I will see if it is something for me or not.

wilco737

alberchico

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:28 pm

short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

WNwatcher

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm in the beta as well... I'll say this... I'll stick around and see what the future updates bring.
B1900, C172, B733, B734, B735, B737, B738, B752, B762, B763, B772
H155, H135

Northwest727

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 pm

I talked to a buddy of mine that is beta testing Flight! and also works for Microsoft.

Right out of the box, MS will only offer a small land area (currently, Hawaii) and the user will have to buy more scenery/area for a nominal cost through a "Windows Live app store" of some sort. It is also going to be closed-sourced if you will; gone will be the days of going to flightsim.com and downloading freeware aircraft and scenery. Anything you add will be through this app store.

In addition, right out of the box, you cannot just hop into an airplane and fly it whenever, wherever...Flight! is now more of an X-Box game. You start with a choice between the Icon A5 and Stearman, and you must do flight training courses/challenges in order to "unlock" more aircraft (such as the C172, etc).

Graphics are supposed to be incredible, but by the talk of it, it sounds less and less appealing by the day. Seems to appeal more and more to the masses then the people like us, diehard flight simmers and actual pilots.

EA CO AS

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Quoting alberchico (Reply 102):
this should give people an idea of what to expect.

You mean the fact that Microsoft forced the removal of the video?  
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

alberchico

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:38 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 105):
You mean the fact that Microsoft forced the removal of the video?  

thank god i downloaded these videos to my hard drive using keepvid before they were deleted...

Well in any case its better that the videos are gone, if you saw what I saw you probably would have injured your fist after having slammed it through the computer screen in sheer rage, that's how FUBAR Flight is....

short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

JohnKrist
Head Support

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Flying around Hawaii for days is not something I feel like doing, and until we see what a "nominal" fee actually is I think I will pass. But if all freeware is available through the app store, and get thoroughly tested prior to release I think there is a point. How many of us has downloaded stuff from Avsim/Flightsim that causes CTD's? I've had to reinstall FS more than once due to incompatibility.

But, personally I think it looks good, and I don't really see what's so "Game" about the appearance? It's FS with a fancier GUI...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ03ck4FXuw
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

Mir

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:26 am

Quoting johnkrist (Reply 107):
But if all freeware is available through the app store, and get thoroughly tested prior to release I think there is a point.

This won't happen, much as it would be nice. MS won't put in the man-hours required to test software without attaching some price tag to it.

-Mir

[Edited 2012-01-10 19:27:25]
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Burkhard

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 am

I think we are not allowed to say if we are beta testers if we take serious what we might have signed.

This said, Microsoft Flight! to all we know isn't Flight Simulator 11. It is a game containing elements of flight simulation. I do not expect anybody who now is in the FS9 camp or FSX camp to uninstall the sim and go to the game completely. Most of us will play around with the game, and than go back to real.
Flight! is there to attract the masses, due to its game character, and due to its unbeatable price as a game. I never have seen a freeware of that quality, as far as I can judge from what I might know.

Microsoft must make money with Flight!. If this is through extensions of it, they cannot allow freeware. Those of us who know the size of the addon market for FSX and FS9 will doubt their model works out. The best thing that can happen to them is that most people realize that they can get a real sim with all world covered in stunning detail for €30 now named Flight Simulator X Gold.

I read they said there will be no SDK for flight. This makes sense if they do not want to add freeware, and not contact the small designers. They will go and contact the large companies, Flight1, PMDG failed as I read, maybe Aerosoft, and give them a way to add content to the market place. Since that is where MS gets its money from, they must keep a good margin for themselves, I expect they think of 50% ( which is a usual fraction in the boxed market).

Flight itself could be developped by a rather small core group, it did not require world wide data sets nor all the work needed to convert such data into scenery, something XPlane 10 completely missed so that wherever I look their scenery is just plain wrong.

So I estimate the costs to bring Flight! out to be around 50 man years only = 5 Mio $.
Now let the nominal fee be 10$ for an addon, they need to sell one million addons to get the money back and start to make a profit. Can they achieve this?
In such a scheme does it make sense for the addon producers? Production costs of modern scenery software are high - a photo scenery of Germany with detailed autogen I know to be an investment of several hundred thousand $. With the above numbers, it must be sold 100 000 times to make sense, or 10 000 times in small fragments, before the developer gets a cent. Is this realistic?

I wonder about the economics of Flight! But if it leads to 300 000 new sales of FSX, MS gets its money back too, and we all can be happy. Flight isn't Microsoft Flight Simulator 11. It does not replace FSX.

Fabo

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:49 am

That will be an interesting PRspeak way to find out if someone is a betatester no/I can not confirm nor deny  

That reminds me of certain spokesman for a central european airliNE  

anyway interesting thoughts you have there about PMDG et al. There is a statement from PMDG on their support forums, and it is not particularly friendly to the MS folks. Add to that Aerosoft openly goes XPL10... I dont think any of the big names will develop for Flight any soon.
The light at the end of tunnel turned out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

WNwatcher

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:45 pm

I don't think Microsoft minds us saying if we are, we just can't divulge any information regarding what we see/experience.
H155, H135

airbalticfan

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:29 am

Quoting WNwatcher (Reply 111):
see/experience.

See garbage and experience crap! Job well done Microsoft!

WNwatcher

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:41 am

Quoting Airbalticfan (Reply 112):
See garbage and experience crap! Job well done Microsoft!

You forget, Flight is not MSFS11, it's not meant to be the replacement for FSX. Granted, I still prefer FSX for more realistic simulation, but I feel that Flight will be the future for Microsoft to keep the series alive. It's simple Maths... With FSX, those of us who are hard core simmers buy 1, maybe 2 copies of FSX (if you loose your original discs like me). After that, Microsoft sees no more revenue. Microsoft is just doing what they have to do to keep the simulators coming. Arcade as Flight may be, I would not be surprised to see MSFS11 coming soon after Flight is established. Without the new $$ coming in, the series as a whole will die. I would not be surprised to see Freeware still available. Without giving away too much, I will say this. Do not write off Flight until you have tried the released product at least once. It's already been announced that it will be freeware and the beauty of that is, if you don't like it, you just delete it off your computer. You aren't out any money and you can feel satisfied knowing that you've given it a try and it just wasn't for you.
H155, H135

GIANCAVIA

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 am

No AI? No 3rd party developement (which are basicly what makes all the Flight simulation games what they are). No AIRLINERS??? A stupid windows live account... whats the point in this game? Attract a few gamers on xbox who will get bored of it after a couple of days? I predict a resounding failure on the horizon.

I was waiting around for this game after I purchased a new pc but now its made me step up my addons to FSX.. in this day and age more affordable PC's are out that make FSX a very worthy game.

WNwatcher

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 114):
No AI? No 3rd party developement (which are basicly what makes all the Flight simulation games what they are). No AIRLINERS???

Microsoft hasn't announced any of that. The game is still in early Beta, which means the main thing that is being tested is the game engine. As far as 3rd Party developers, I firmly believe that we will see them on the marketplace, as Microsoft has announced that the SDK is available for those who wish to use it.
H155, H135

Burkhard

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 114):
I was waiting around for this game after I purchased a new pc but now its made me step up my addons to FSX.. in this day and age more affordable PC's are out that make FSX a very worthy game.

So the basic expectation that Flight! will serve to boost FSX already works. When I first heared the name Flight! it was clear for me that this is not Flight Simulator 11, so I was not waiting for it.

Fly2HMO
Topic Author

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:51 am

There's already hundreds of (unauthorized) videos out there on Flight. So for those of you wondering just google around and see for yourselves.

Otherwise for those of you that obviously can't be bothered to read the posts, here's my advice for you coming from"personal experience":

This ain't FS11. However, the game engine could be used for FS11 IF they ever revive the series , and that would be a very good thing, but that's all I can say for now.   

I will say though X-plane 10 looks somewhat promising. I downloaded the demo and at equal scenery setting for XP9, XP10 had slightly better graphics quality and a bit better performance. However it has plenty of flaws. For one, I find it extremely idiotic how whole CPU cores are used to control single AI planes. What a waste of processing power! I don't care if the AI planes are pushing the limits of their CL or any other technical stuff. All they need to do is take off and land and behave close to real traffic.That's easier said than done but IMO using flight models with the same fidelity as the user's plane is overkill and completely unnecessary.

Fly2HMO
Topic Author

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:38 pm

The Flight Beta has closed officially as of today. The full game will be released Feb 29th.

Captaindoony

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Haha 1200 Microsoft Points for ONE plane! The Maule M7 costs £12!

Emm I think I'll pass Microsoft.

Mir

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Quoting CaptainDoony (Reply 119):
1200 Microsoft Points for ONE plane! The Maule M7 costs £12!

For that price, it had better be significantly better than the default MS standard.

-Mir

alberchico

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 pm

so at this point am I to understand that there will absolutely no heavy metal offered with this initial release ???

Fly2HMO
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:19 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 120):
For that price, it had better be significantly better than the default MS standard.

Very wishful thinking.

Quoting alberchico (Reply 121):
so at this point am I to understand that there will absolutely no heavy metal offered with this initial release ???

Nope. Expect only "cute" planes that will only appeal to 8 year-olds on a sugar high.

CPH-R

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Quoting Burkhard (Reply 109):
I read they said there will be no SDK for flight. This makes sense if they do not want to add freeware, and not contact the small designers. They will go and contact the large companies, Flight1, PMDG failed as I read, maybe Aerosoft, and give them a way to add content to the market place. Since that is where MS gets its money from, they must keep a good margin for themselves, I expect they think of 50% ( which is a usual fraction in the boxed market).

Reading the AVSIM forums, I was under the impression that they had held talks with the likes of Orbx and other well known developers, and had been unable to reach a deal. Primarily because the developers would not have been able to make ends meet,given the slice that MS was looking to take from every transaction.

Fly2HMO
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 123):
given the slice that MS was looking to take from every transaction.

This I'm afraid could be the final nail in MSFS's coffin. I really think MS is overestimating the appeal of the flight simu... I'm sorry, GAME (because that's what flight is) to the general masses. Let's be honest, people nowadays really don't give a damn about airplanes. And when you say "airplane" the first thing that comes to their minds is a body cavity search courtesy of the TSA and "evil" airline employees.

Just now it looks like MS finally realized the millions of dollars to be found in the add-on business for FS. And of course they want to get a slice of that. But they are being way too greedy about it and are shooting themselves in the foot by making demands to 3rd party developers. Flight will never take off the way they want it to. It's too boring for the average Joe and they have completely alienated long time users.

Way to go MS   

Burkhard

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:20 am

Millions of dollars in the addon buisiness is the biggest joke I ever heared.

Microsoft wnats to do what Apple and Google male in their App Stores. App developeres get about half a cent per copy sold. Typical Apps are an hour or two of work. Problem with those addon we know for FSX is making them is far more complex and demanding than the iPad OS or Android itself. If Flight! would ever have AI traffic, you would have to purchase every paint extra.

cc2314

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:23 pm

This sounds like a nightmare of a mess.Well at least there is no suspense i can merrily go back to flying my wilco737 in fs9 with a million addons that i have.
Deleted

Mir

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:46 am

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 122):

Very wishful thinking.

Oh, I'm certainly not expecting it.

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 122):
Expect only "cute" planes that will only appeal to 8 year-olds on a sugar high.

To be fair, I have been wanting an FS version of an Icon A5 for a while. But that's about the only thing that appeals to me about Flight.

-Mir

joffie

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:19 am

This "game" is markeded for kids, not hard core simmers. I mean, Microsoft points??, flying collecting coins??

Scrap that rubbish, and let me fly my PMDG 737, and 777 when it comes out.

I must admit, I do like the graphics on Flight, they are rather nice!

mmedford

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Well guys...look on the bright side.

Atleast now you won't have to build a computer for an unknown benchmark... You already own FSX...lol
ILS = It'll Land Somewhere

Burkhard

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Quoting mmedford (Reply 129):
Atleast now you won't have to build a computer for an unknown benchmark... You already own FSX...lol

And more and more computers can handle FSX... Of course my computer that can handle FSX best will never be connected to the internet and have any Live site looking what I have there on disk - if there is no way to play Flight! offline I have to pass this one too and can happily concentrate on FSX and P3D. Good times ahead.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:33 am

It's available for download now, and I will install it to see what it's all about  
I have my doubts but need to try to have an oppinion...
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

wilco737

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:05 am

Quoting JohnKrist (Reply 131):
It's available for download now, and I will install it to see what it's all about  
I have my doubts but need to try to have an oppinion...

Don't expect too much  

But happy flying.

wilco737

harmonium

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 am

Am I the only one having troubles launching the game? I downloaded and installed it perfectly fine, but when I start the game, after the splash screen when it seems to be heading for the actual game, it crashes to desktop.  

Anyone tried and fixed this? Or just anyone else experiencing this? My computer should be capable of running the game.

mdavies06

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 pm

I am just reading from another website with users citing very positive feedback at least on one thing - the performance is allegedly very good. The graphic qualities are amazing and the frame rate are much greater than FSX. I hope you guys can try it and see if you get the same.

I have no plan to install FLight on my computer as my computer can't even cope with FSX, besides I 'very rarely' fly to Hawaii and have no plan to soon. There is also no AI which for me is a showstopper.

Fly2HMO
Topic Author

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Well now that the beta is officially over I can divulge some more...For what its worth, I uninstalled the beta almost immediately after flying for a few hours a while back after feeling insulted at how much they dumbed it down, but I'll try it again to see if they made any worthwhile changes.

Quoting mdavies06 (Reply 134):
the performance is allegedly very good.

It really is. The best performing FS I've ever seen.

The graphic qualities are amazing

I wouldn't go that far. It's an improvement over FSX for sure, but far from amazing IMO. However....

and the frame rate are much greater than FSX.

Very true. Seems like for the first time ever they actually did a major rework of the game engine, and the performance is outstanding. I'm hitting 60FPS fully maxed out.

I don't like how they have extremely limited graphics settings, there's not much room for tweaking and customizing, unless they changed it on the full release now.

If you read the comments on their website apparently a few average joes seem to love it, but they're getting significant hate from former FS users. Frankly I don't think they will have enough average joes interested to make enough of an impact as the previous FS versions did.

[Edited 2012-02-29 07:55:28]

q120

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I finally played FS Flight last night.
It is very different than any FS before it.

I am not impressed with anything the game has to offer.
Graphics are meh, FPS are meh, aircraft (1 type) to choose from unless you play on LIVE.
Overall, meh.
back to the buggy FSX.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results

rfields5421

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm

I really like the realistically slopped runways in the beta.

It is not an FSX follow-on. We knew the MSFS franchise had ended when they let the Aces team go.

The only 'disappointment' was the short time MS promoted Flight as part of the franchise. But even they quickly dropped that.
Not all who wander are lost.

Fly2HMO
Topic Author

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:50 am

Quoting rfields5421 (Reply 137):
I really like the realistically slopped runways in the beta.

Huh? They were flatter than pancakes. At least all the paved ones were. I did not see single sloping runway. It was the same old same old typical impossibly flat FS runways of yore everywhere I went.

san747

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:29 am

Scotty doesn't know...

alberchico

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:04 pm

So basically its a modern version of Flight Unlimited 3, an sim that came out back in in 1998

Even that game was better that what Flight is today. Not only was the scenery and features like AI traffic and ATC light years ahead of anything that Microsoft was making at the time it had a larger area for you to fly in and had a freaking jet included in the basic package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJ8lGrQ6fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkV4Rc74OFI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dap8PdZZ3vs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpm0Ny5Kw4&feature=related

GIANCAVIA

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:11 am

A Flight sim with no ATC or AI.. put it in the trash where it belongs. Fail.

Longhornmaniac

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Once upon a time, I was as adamantly against Flight as many of y'all were. And the truth is, as it stands, Flight isn't going to be able to do what we want.

With that said, Microsoft is onto something. Their ability to make it work remains to be seen. But let's be honest with ourselves for a second.

-How many of you regularly use the absolute rubbish ATC for anything other than radio chatter? If you're wanting to fly realistically, the FS9 or FSX ATC add almost nothing to the realism.

-How many of you are still flying around with AI like Landmark, Soar, Pacifica, and World Travel? These are no more real than having nothing. They don't fly real routes, they hog the airspace, the entire AI engine is super cluttered.

So what incentive does Microsoft have to include these features, when someone else could surely do it better?

We know as well as anyone how big the "simulator" culture is with the FS series. And how many of us are using the Microsoft-included products? Surely no one using the default 777-300 to fly anywhere long haul. Surely you'd rather have a more true-to-life AI.

Give it time. There are lots of people like us who want these features. We are the demographic that has kept this franchise afloat.

Honestly, I'd rather Microsoft spend resources to create a fully open-source platform where trusted developers can make the game what they way, rather than have Microsoft take an initial stab at it that will be overlooked by the majority of us serious simmers anyway.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

Fabo

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 am

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 142):
Honestly, I'd rather Microsoft spend resources to create a fully open-source platform where trusted developers can make the game what they way, rather than have Microsoft take an initial stab at it that will be overlooked by the majority of us serious simmers anyway.

The question is, are they doing that?

All signs point to a big NO.
The light at the end of tunnel turned out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

Mir

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:44 am

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 142):

Except that Flight is cut from the same mold as Apple's App Store - everything that's going to be an add-on is going to have to be signed off on by MS, and MS will want a cut of whatever profits are produced. Doesn't sound very open-source to me.

-Mir

GIANCAVIA

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 144):

Except that Flight is cut from the same mold as Apple's App Store - everything that's going to be an add-on is going to have to be signed off on by MS, and MS will want a cut of whatever profits are produced. Doesn't sound very open-source to me.

-Mir

Indeed.. tis all about the money. The only thing Flight offers is nice scenery but since it is limited to a minute place on the planet and you have to pay anytime you want a new area to visit (If they ever even create the area you want to fly in) it means $$$$ and that says it all. To be honest the scenery isnt even anything that groundbreaking for 2012.. It couldnt keep me interested for more then 15 mins. Would have more fun flying planes on Battlefield 3 and it isnt even a flight simulation game.

Burkhard

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:25 pm

am just reading from another website with users citing very positive feedback at least on one thing - the performance is allegedly very good.

How - If I switch off AI traffic in FSX, I have 100 fps++ in that lonely area on my office system. And the scenery in flight contains out of almost nothing on a small island in the middle of nothing.

But Flight! is the best freeware I ever saw. If it would run on offline systems I might even use it...

ZKNCL

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:24 am

Oh my. This game is the pure definition of shocking- all it does is wastes space and is a overall tradgety in Flight Simulation History. No ATC, Proper Controls, AI, Jets and just has a poor framerate, misleading graphics, misleading advertising, some small prop aircraft and a good online feature. Back to FS2004 for me.

ZKNCL

Longhornmaniac

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:59 am

Here is a link to an AVSIM interview with one of the developers:

http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?app...n=pages&folder=/AVSIM%20Pages&id=8

Bullet Points:

-expects 3rd party support to ramp up, but that's on the scale of months to years, not weeks (focus is on building products in house for the time being).

-Product has surpassed expectations in terms of downloads.

-Building a full world experience a la FS9/FSX is not currently a priority. While vocal, the people that get pleasure out of flying long haul flights is still a small minority.

-Severing ties with 3rd party developers was a difficult decision based on all the cooperation over the years, but they felt needed to be done because Flight is fundamentally a different experience.

-Expect about 1 new airplane a month, and 3-4 new locations a year.

-"Simulation is a critical aspect of what we're trying to do." Acknowledges that the majesty of flight can't be achieved by an arcade game.

*shrugs* I think Microsoft were pretty clear from the get go that Flight was going to be a complete departure from what ACES had built. To that end, no one really has the right to be disappointed. It's a different experience altogether, focused more on the romance of flight than the form and function. I can understand why this appeals to a larger base, and it doesn't surprise me that their numbers reflect that. In the interim, it's certainly a kick in the gut to those that have most religiously followed Microsoft's flight simulators (lower case), since they've deconstructed everything that had been built and started over.

I do believe that 3rd party developers will play a role in the expansion of Flight, but it does make one wonder: when? And by that point, will Flight not already be an "old" piece of technology?

If you do want to continue playing airline pilot, Flight won't be for you any time soon. That's fine, I'm more than happy with my FS9 set up.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

CPH-R

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:37 pm

One of the Orbx developers made a post on AVSIM, shortly after the NDA had been lifted, where he painted quite the different picture from what MS said about 3rd party developer support.

Namely that due the marketplace-like approach adopted by MS, 3rd party developers simply wouldn't be able to make ends meet.