Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Anyone Running FS9 On Windows 10?

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:39 am

I've not heard anything reliable one way or the other just yet; some say it works, some say it doesn't. Anyone here tried it yet?

My Windows 7 laptop is optimized for FS9 but I'm unwilling to give Windows 10 a shot if it renders my most frequently-flown sim unusable.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

gocaps16

RE: Anyone Running FS9 On Windows 10?

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 am

Good question but I doubt it will work.

I'm using Win 8.1 on my $1600 gaming PC but occasionally it works fine but it does have it problems. It works fine with PMDG 777 however, I downloaded and installed a payware ATL scenery for about $30, installed it and found it didn't support it using Win 8.1 so I'm just gonna buy Windows 7 and install it and wipe off Windows 8.1 before I spend a bunch of money on payware stuff.

thebatman

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Quoting gocaps16 (Reply 1):
It works fine with PMDG 777

I believe the thread starter was inquiring about FS9 (2004) which would not apply to the PMDG 777.

Quoting gocaps16 (Reply 1):
I'm using Win 8.1 on my $1600 gaming PC

I also spent big $$$ on a gaming rig for FSX running Win 8.1. Most airplanes work fine (all PMDG products seem fine), but Qualitywings has been giving me issues. I am also experiencing some issues with scenery. Orbx stuff seems to work fine. The sceneries I am having issues with are from FSDreamteam. I have not yet tried my LatinVFR and FlyTampa stuff.

Back to the thread topic...

I have not heard of anyone running FS9 on Win 10. There's not a whole lot of info of people running FSX on Win 10 either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Aircraft mechanics - because pilots need heroes too!

csturdiv

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 pm

I am in no big hurry to upgrade to FSX. I actually have not received the upgrade yet from Microsoft.

I wish some of our clients would not be in such a hurry. They didn't check with us to see if our software is compatible with Windows 10 and when they found there is issues after they upgraded, they are complaining to us. It is not like we publish our minimum requirements for no reason and are only a suggestion.
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

arquitecto1168

Re: Anyone Running FS9 On Windows 10?

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:58 pm

[quote="EA CO AS"]I've not heard anything reliable one way or the other just yet; some say it works, some say it doesn't. Anyone here tried it yet?

Hello!
Yes I am running FS 9 on win 10.It works perfectly in every way, including add on scenery etc.
After installation I had a problem There was a black screen instead of the game Finally I figured out, that it was not a compatibility problem!, and affects the full screen mode only!
I had to install DIRECT X 11.2, then launch the game.
The game starts in full screen mode, so I made a click on the black screen, and pressed ALT + ENTER The game exits from full screen mode, and everything works perfectly.
Good Luck!

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Re: Anyone Running FS9 On Windows 10?

Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:31 am

arquitecto1168 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

I figured out, that it was not a compatibility problem!, and affects the full screen mode only!

...which, naturally, is the only mode I'd be interested in using.

I appreciate the feedback; it definitely tells me that I'll be keeping my Win 7 rig for years to come.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group