Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MrHMSH
Topic Author

Phoenix Models Quality Issues

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:58 pm

I'd just like to ask how many of you buy 1/400 models from Phoenix, and how many of you have seen issues with the quality control.

I just received an AY A359 OW-LWB and BA 789, the 789 is OK, but paint was poor in some areas, while the A359 sat at an angle on the ground, with the starboard engine touching the ground, as well as having untidy paint in one of the only 2 areas with paint.

Have your models in the last year been bad?

Regards,
Martin

MIAspotter

RE: Phoenix Models Quality Issues

Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:40 pm

http://1400reviews.com/

This guy seems to slam every model.

I have purchased a few models recently including an AY and VN A350 (in which the VN has the same issue as yours with one engine too close to the ground, and the AY A350 has some shoddy paint around the main gear doors.

I know JC Wings makes a nice A350 model, I have 2 and I am very happy.

AZAL and VN 787 have no issues, and my 3 A380s QR, EY, and OZ are faultess.

MIAspotter.

bunumuring

Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:00 am

I have had no problems with my Phoenix models, fortunately.
My Phoenix Vietnam A350 is perfect. It's the latest Phoenix model I have bought.
I usually only purchase my models 'in store' and always check them thoroughly before actually handing over the cash. It's impossible of course to check when ordered online but the one time I did have a problem (an engine broken off from a Virgin Atlantic A340-600), it was immediately replaced with no questions asked nor any hesitation. I just had to pay the return postage for the broken model, which was credited off my next purchase.
Cheers, and good luck with the damaged models!
Cheers,
Bunumuring.

MinorLogan

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:35 pm

Personally speaking, the quality control of PH models is slightly worse than before, regardless of more details on the model aircraft.
One of my friends received his Finnair A359 last week. He had the same problem with your model:engine touching the ground. I don't know whether it is a common problem for 359.
An older model, the Cathay Pacific B748F World Trader, has problems on body colors, which is a fundamental problem.
Anyway, the PH brand is still a good brand in 1/400 scale aircraft models. Maybe they can improve the quality later. As a collector, I hope so.

zkojq

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:05 am

I got this Jetstar A320 by Phoenix earlier in the year and wasn't particularly impressed. One wing is crooked/bend, the landing gear aren't uniform, engines aren't pointing straight forwards. All in all, it appears to have had a very hard landing. I appreciate that 1/400s must be difficult to manufacture, but the quality control needs to improve.

https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11114281_968007746556481_8695958768015998819_n.jpg?oh=9a8acb9f47cff655a852c67db2eee8b7&oe=56CAF571