badgervor
Topic Author

Just Ordered New Computer

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi All,
I finally purchased a new computer yesterday from jet line systems. I know I could do it for cheaper, but really don't have the time or know how to build my own system. The computer I got comes with prepar3d v2 preloaded on it. I will probably upgrade to v3 at some point. I have a couple of questions.

1. Do I have to have FSX installed work 3rd party addons to work or do they work as long as it lists prepar3d as one of the options.

2. What are the must have's for weather textures, weather generator, landclass and world textures, mesh? Basically the things that replace the default stuff.

3. AI traffic. I was looking at MyTraffic but it appears the don't follow real-world schedules (at least that's what a review about it said). I do know how to create my own with flightplans from AlphaIndia and such places. It's just very time consuming.

Anything else I forgot, please feel free to mention. I appreciate any feedback

Thunderboltdrgn

RE: Just Ordered New Computer

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:44 am

1. no
2. Weather textures: REX
2. Weather generator: Active sky next
2. Landclasses: ORBX/FTX Global and it's derivatives.
3. UT2 is old and no longer updated/supported but uses real schedules and routes/jet routes.
UT2 comes with a power pack but personally I don't like it.

My Traffic is newer and still supported but I don't think it uses real routes or schedules.
However you can combine my traffic with this freeware and get the planes to fly jet routes
as well as SIDs and STARs.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/462339-ai...al-approach-new-beta/#entry3178711
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

badgervor
Topic Author

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Quoting Thunderboltdrgn (Reply 1):
Quoting Thunderboltdrgn (Reply 1):
Thunderboltdrgn

Thank you for your answers!

Thunderboltdrgn

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Obviously Active Sky Next have their own textures and REX it's own generator but the
general consensus is that ASN generator + Rex textures is the best combination.
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Ytraveller

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:09 pm

First off I only use FSX and have no experience with p3d, but I'm sure some of the products I mention can be made to work in p3d as well.

Quoting badgervor (Thread starter):
2. What are the must have's for weather textures, weather generator, landclass and world textures, mesh? Basically the things that replace the default stuff.

FTX Global was a major improvement over the default textures for me. All parts of the world are covered not just US/Europe, and the night lighting is great.

Quoting badgervor (Thread starter):
3. AI traffic. I was looking at MyTraffic but it appears the don't follow real-world schedules (at least that's what a review about it said). I do know how to create my own with flightplans from AlphaIndia and such places. It's just very time consuming.

I've been using Ultimate Traffic II since 2010 and it's great. However the latest schedule update is from winter 2012. For updated schedules, new liveries etc I use Alpha India flight plans and aircraft from FSX AI Bureau, which makes several FSX native AI planes.